Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Baldur’s Gate 3 is out now on PS5! Welcome to the party, PlayStation players – it’s time to venture forth into Faerûn. Watch the PS5 Launch Trailer, narrated by the Forgotten Realms’ own Shadowheart:

Get Baldur’s Gate 3 on PlayStation 5 here

Built for PS5
In a post on the PS Blog this week, we posed an important question: “How exactly do you translate an uncompromising RPG to a controller without it feeling like eating a wet hotdog?”

The answer: Baldur’s Gate 3 has been built for the PS5 from day one, and much work has gone into delivering the game’s complexities in just a few buttons and triggers. Using the PlayStation 5 DualSense Controller, access to actions, spells, long rests and items becomes a matter of muscle memory.

Check out our post in the PS Blog, where we go into more detail about features like Lightbar reactivity and various controller scheme options.

Cross-Save Support
With cross-save support, you can take your PC playthrough from your desk to the comfort of your couch! All you need is a Larian account – no paid subscriptions required.

Xbox & Mac
An official Mac release is planned for later this month – more details to follow.

Baldur’s Gate 3 will come to Xbox later this year and will feature split-screen co-op on the Series X, as well as cross-saves between PC, PS5 and Xbox.

apprentice
apprentice
Thank you so much for the dedication on making the game! We decided to play on PS5 to play as a couple but one thing that we realized is that even on performance mode, the game is really unstable and freezes on many actions. We're doing our best to not get annoyed by it as we're familiar with the game development process, but really wanted to know if the co-op performance will be improved somewhere in the future. We were also able to identify a few issues that carried over from Divinity 2, which means they are engine related bugs.

Is the process to make a bug report from Ps5 the same as for PC?

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Salo
Xbox & Mac
An official Mac release is planned for later this month – more details to follow.

With all due respect, could you please improve the communication on the mac version of the game a little bit?
The game is currently being sold on Steam at full price for mac and windows without clearly stating that the mac version is still in early access and that the early access saves are not going to be compatible with the full release. I personally learned that the hard way when I heard that the game released and saw it was one of the few games that got a mac version at all and bought it based on the information I saw on the store page on steam.

When trying to figure out when the actual full release on mac might happen, we currently have to dig through every communication channel to find a single line in your discord FAQ that reads "Mac version is targeted for September 6th… mabye… no promises."
After not hearing anything on the subject for over a month, we get an update literally on the day of supposed release that says "We don't know, sometime later this month." and again, only if you know where to even find this information.

I am aware that macs are neither a big nor popular platform when it comes to gaming, but we still paid the full price for the game just like everybody else. All I am asking for in return is clear communication and maybe a status update every one or two weeks. Larian is a decently sized studio with hundreds of employees. You must have a target release date for every platform you are working on, especially this close to release. Why is it so hard to just ask one of the developers working on the mac version what a realistic release date would be and then communicate that to us with a note that there might still be delays depending on how things go until then? Instead we went from simultaneous release for all platforms to rumors about a same day release with the PS5 version to no actual date at all. Communication literally got worse with every update.

It is fine if the mac version still needs more work and will release later.
It is fine if apple is being difficult with the certification process.
It is fine if things change down the line.

About the only thing that isn't fine is hardly communicating at all and keeping us guessing all the time.
If possible, could you please improve on that at least a little in the future even though we are a minority compared to other platforms?

Last edited by Vyse; 06/09/23 08:16 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by Vyse
Xbox & Mac

With all due respect, could you please improve the communication on the mac version of the game a little bit?

Created an account just to +1 this comment. Communication on the Mac version has been terrible and far below the standard I am used to from this otherwise awesome company. Come on Larian, how hard can it be to give some proper updates? This is a bit unprofessional. We paid full price as well.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Xbox & Mac

I also created an account just to +1 this comment.

Baldur's Gate on a damn console

Never thought I'd see the day

As a PC player, I'm so happy for both BG and our PS brethren. To arms!!! rpg001 rpg002 rpg005

L
stranger
stranger
L
Xbox & Mac

Couldn't agree more. There've been moments in EA when Mac was left behind a week or two, but I never had the sense that development stopped. Now every hot fix and patch is like a punch to the gut.

stranger
stranger
Eagerly awaiting details of when the Mac release will be available.

Sharing other users frustrations, especially feeling a bait and switch with the steam release. I waited until it went GA before I bought on steam, and only realized too late that it wasn't actually GA on a platform that Steam said it supported.

Like others, understanding of different timelines, but just want to know what to expect.

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Hello could you please allow us to have inverted camera control with the right thumbstick? Could you also please allow dynamic split screen in couch coop? Thank you such a wonderful game. I would love these features so I could play together with my wife.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Kr0w93
Baldur's Gate on a damn console Mac

Never thought I'd see the day

As a PC player, I'm so happy for both BG and our PS brethren. To arms!!! rpg001 rpg002 rpg005

FTFY, and ditto the welcome to our console kin!!

Last edited by ShinyBuddha; 07/09/23 04:00 AM.
V
stranger
stranger
V
Xbox & Mac

The game is currently being sold on Steam at full price for mac and windows without clearly stating that the mac version is still in early access and that the early access saves are not going to be compatible with the full release. I personally learned that the hard way when I heard that the game released and saw it was one of the few games that got a mac version at all and bought it based on the information I saw on the store page on steam.

When trying to figure out when the actual full release on mac might happen, we currently have to dig through every communication channel to find a single line in your discord FAQ that reads "Mac version is targeted for September 6th… mabye… no promises."
After not hearing anything on the subject for over a month, we get an update literally on the day of supposed release that says "We don't know, sometime later this month." and again, only if you know where to even find this information.

I am aware that macs are neither a big nor popular platform when it comes to gaming, but we still paid the full price for the game just like everybody else. All I am asking for in return is clear communication and maybe a status update every one or two weeks. Larian is a decently sized studio with hundreds of employees. You must have a target release date for every platform you are working on, especially this close to release. Why is it so hard to just ask one of the developers working on the mac version what a realistic release date would be and then communicate that to us with a note that there might still be delays depending on how things go until then? Instead we went from simultaneous release for all platforms to rumors about a same day release with the PS5 version to no actual date at all. Communication literally got worse with every update.

About the only thing that isn't fine is hardly communicating at all and keeping us guessing all the time.
If possible, could you please improve on that at least a little in the future even though we are a minority compared to other platforms?
I also created an account to +1 this comment. I bought the game on Steam based on the September 6 release date, and only recently found that it had moved the wrong way despite the PC version being pulled in. A little more communication here wouldn't hurt. I've been telling my friends about it and how excited I would be to play the full version today - only now that is not true.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I created an account to +1 this comment too.
Why doesn't Larian write any information regarding the release on Mac? We paid full price with a clear release date, but only deserve to be ignored by an entire platform. Are we like not part of the community or something? I'm really pissed off not even because the date got moved, but because no information about the release date.
Xbox & Mac

D
stranger
stranger
D
Xbox & Mac

+1 !

E
stranger
stranger
E
Xbox & Mac

I also created an account just to +1 this.

Please - give us Mac users a bit more time of the day. Thanks!

M
stranger
stranger
M
I am also waiting on the MAC version to release. I am OK to wait, but I just noticed they do not state cross-saves will be on a MAC as well, only cross-saves between PC, PS5 and Xbox.. I really hope that MAC version will be included in the crossaves as once I bought STEAM version and learned that MAC is not released yet I subscribed to Geforce NOW and play the PC version. I put around 50 hours to the game, I sure do hope that save will work on the MAC version! laugh

M
stranger
stranger
M
Hello! Ya I completely agree everyone here, the communication around the macOS version release has been shite. It doesn't make much sense why it's so bad. Unless of course Apple wants to announce at the Apple event next week? Here's to hoping!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Piss poor on the Mac release.

Larian need to IMMEDIATELY update Steam and GOG store pages to make it absolutely clear that the Mac version being sold to customers is not the release version, that save games for the early access will not be compatible with the release version and that multiplayer is not compatible with release versions on other platforms.

This is how you get slapped hard by trade description laws.

Secondly, just arriving at the expected release date with no prior announcements on Mac release date and then making it a footnote to the PS announcement is really not cool.

Both are frankly unacceptable, but Larian could at least deal with the one that could get them in real trouble right now.

Last edited by Dagless; 07/09/23 08:18 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
I also created an account just to +1 this.

We are not begging but requiring.

apprentice
apprentice
When they said that multiplayer is not compatible with release versions on other platforms. I want to play co-op with friends Windows...is it possible?

Last edited by Maco; 07/09/23 08:53 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Dear Larian... even if we are few users. We understand the time it takes to work. But you could have told us in advance. Keep us updated with the status of the work For Mac. additional information etc...Obviously if you arrive on the same day you had assumed to say: end of the month. People get angry. Because you handled this aspect badly...completely ousted from everything. Of course the game will arrive... maybe even without bugs, but that doesn't mean that you dismissed us with a message to silence us and that's it...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard