Originally Posted by Vo!d
I am an avid Baldurs Gate fan that put hundreds of hours into both BG1 and BG2. I think you have done beautiful and amazing things with Baldur's Gate III, however, you have made it ridiculously hard. I have been a game developer for 16 years and this is one of the hardest and most frustrating games I have ever played. I hate to literally save every encounter multiple times as I die and get killed unless I have the perfect rolls continuously. It is not fun. This game should be fun, engaging and balanced You pretty much setup every fight where the enemy has the advantage of high ground, and the AI is brutal! It immediately moves to maximum distance and maximum height where as a player you do not have the benefit of that, or even figuring out optimal move position, as you can't take back your moves (often times accidentally clicking). So every fight feels like the enemy gets initiative, moves to the high ground advantage and just picks you off, typically targeting the weakest character. This has been one of the most frustrating gaming experiences I have ever encountered. But, I am determined. I love Baldur's Gate and believe in it's potential. PLEASE, balance this game to be fun and fair, because right now it is not. I have to tell all of my gamer friends not to spend any time or money on this game as it is so unbalanced and frustrating! Hoping for positive change!
I don't believe you, there is no way you played bg 1 and 2 and have this opinion. Even on normal the originals are harder than tactician by a wide margin. There were maybe 2 fights I lost in 2 playthroughs of bg3, I lost alot in 1 and 2, I saved before every fight in one and 2.