Originally Posted by Surge90sf
Nah this does not make sense the more I think about it.

I am telling you to trust me. And I really need your help, but you wont trust me. So, I am going to deal with this by affirming your distrust with a vision where I am the villain, even though I am not. Does this make sense? This is over complicated to the point it does not make sense. And he can not mindcontrol us can he? He is not the elder brain. He does have leverage in the sense that we can not know at that point in the story if it is proximity to Orpheus that grant us protection or the Emperor "redirecting his power".

And then ofc, since act 3 is still EA. He just continues on like that conversation never happened. Great..

And to add on to the whole Emperor storyline, I would really like if they removed the scene where he saves you from the fall at the start of act 1. I really dislike the fact I was in the palm of his hand from the start (90% of the game) without having a say in a game where you are supposed to have choice. It does not feel very heroic when you would have been dead if it wasnt for "X" thing/person to this extent. I would not mind so much if it was Daisy who in some form broke free from mindcontrol for a second, so you can return the favour by freeing her later.. Or.. Something..

But, I am ranting..
Trust me, I get the sentiment.

Being at the mercy of a character you dislike and distrust since the start for basically the entire duration of the game without any option to escape that relationship sort of feels like shit. The situation with the Emperor ends up feeling more parasitic than the actual tadpole with the added bonus of being forced to interact with him. With Daisy at least you could block her influence by not using the power of the tadpole. With the full release's story you're just stuck with the Emperor no matter what you do and he lets you know that without him you wouldn't be able to survive let alone get shit done which naturally undermines the heroic fantasy. It's an understandable thing to be frustrated about. I mean, this is a guy who shows up half-naked in your dreams and calls himself "your knight in shining armor" and you can't get rid of him until the last 15 minutes of the game? confused

In regards to the mind control thing, I find it hard to believe that the Emperor could actually do it even if he wanted to. If Orpheus' magic blocks out the Elder Brain's power to mind control us, the same magic will likely block out any lesser being's attempt to do so as well.

Last edited by Nerovar; 08/09/23 12:42 AM.