Next Thread
Print Thread
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Hi all,

My friend and I each bought the game for PS5 and want to play together. Unfortunately none of us is able to join the other one's hosted game.

Every time we try to join the other one it just says "Joining failed: Connection failed".

The weird thing is that we are both able to get randoms in our hosted games, and we are also able to join the same game in the lobby, if some random is host.

We have read a lot about forwarding ports, but we haven't managed to find a fix yet. My friend' NAT Type is 3 and mine is 2. Can that be a factor?

Does anyone have a solution or explanation on this?

We spend a lot of money on the game to play together, so this is very frustrating. Please help.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Yeah. I have already bought it on Steam and now my partner and I have purchased it on PS5. Waited 2 hours for the download only to find we can't play together because we are getting the different versions of the game bug. I waited 3 years for this game so I'm a little pissed. Would love to hear how people have fixed this. I've googled a bunch but all the suggestions I've tried and it's not working for me, including deleting my saved game files which means I have to go through character creation again after spending a chunk of time on getting my character perfect.

This is really not good enough - I don't care how good the game is supposed to be. What the hell are you doing releasing a game with a multiplayer mode that you can't actually play.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I’m having exactly the same issue! Google has not been helpful at all & I’m not too sure what more I can do without screwing with my internet a ton.

Wish Larian would get some eyes on this bc it’s been immensely frustrating.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Same story. Multiple copies bought, and useless. We play multiplayer togehter just fine in DOS 1 and 2. Please fix BG3!

M
stranger
stranger
M
Same! However on PC multiplayer works ok with the same network settings etc... HELP!

L
stranger
stranger
L
I'm currently having the same issue on PS5 with my girlfriend. Separate PS5s and copies of the game. Usually fails to connect and whilst attempting to connect it kicks us off PS5 voice chat and seemingly disconnects from PSN. Any news on a fix for this?

R
stranger
stranger
R
The frustration of getting the game to connect over the net can be quite off-putting. If it doesn't get fixed this will be the last game I ever buy from Larian. Having said that this is the best game I have played once it gets connected.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by greatdane123
Hi all,

My friend and I each bought the game for PS5 and want to play together. Unfortunately none of us is able to join the other one's hosted game.

Every time we try to join the other one it just says "Joining failed: Connection failed".

The weird thing is that we are both able to get randoms in our hosted games, and we are also able to join the same game in the lobby, if some random is host.

We have read a lot about forwarding ports, but we haven't managed to find a fix yet. My friend' NAT Type is 3 and mine is 2. Can that be a factor?

Does anyone have a solution or explanation on this?

We spend a lot of money on the game to play together, so this is very frustrating. Please help.

Precisely the same situation. We just bought the game to specifically play together with my buddy and it's been 3 days with the same results, we haven't even played a second this is so frustrating.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Any update on our issue?

Has anyone tested it after the update?

E
stranger
stranger
E
Do we have any news on our issue?

I saw a similar issue was resolved on Xbox, in the recent hotfix

A
stranger
stranger
A
Can you give us a status update? I've purchased a PS5 and this game so that I can play with my friend. We receive connection issues as well after trying all possible troubleshooting steps. Please help, Larian!

E
stranger
stranger
E
The Problem is still very much there, and there have been multiple Hotfixes released in the past months, nothing.

D
stranger
stranger
D
We have an 3 player ongoing campaign, made to level 12, we play every Monday night... now all the sudden I cannot connect.
It just says "Connection Failed" No other information. I have rebooted everything, pc, router, modem, I can see all the lobbies, but cannot connect.
No AV or Firewall, No VPN, clean PC with only Steam installed.
I have uninstalled and then deleted all the Steam/App Files, rebooted, then reinstalled, still same "Connection Failed" but no other indication as to why.
Very Frustrating.
The only other game I play is SWTOR and it works fine.

Last edited by DarthKurt; 28/05/24 03:15 AM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
Hi,

I 29[M] and my buddies (29[M], 29[M], 29[M], and 29[M]) are trying to play multiplayer on one PC and three steam decks. They are all getting hit with the "Joining failed" errors after the new patch. Is anyone else experiencing this / found a fix that reliably works?

Thank you.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Same issue as above, except we play on GeForce Now Ultimate. Individually, we are able to connect to public games, but unable to connect to one another when either of us attempt to host the game. Exceptionally frustrating.

Link Copied to Clipboard