Page 35 of 157 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 156 157
apprentice
apprentice
it's funny)

F
Banned
Banned
F
You said her condition is desperate. We have 3 obvious solutions right before our eyes, like 6 or even more more a bit less obvious ones and the whole pantheon of cheesy solutions in d&d style. Her condition is anything but desperate and statement "we did all we could" is a spit to the face because we literally couldn't even try

F
Banned
Banned
F
Because the game literally says that "we did everything we could" despite OBVIOUS solutions being right there yet we can't even TRY any of them. Hell, they added new voice lines to make her even more depressed to justify her stance about avernus but we literally can't attempt anything. How slave returning to her abusers, even to fight for whatever it takes is "ending she deserves"? Especially with the new voice lines that make the whole thing even bigger thorn in the eye, that's just slap to the face

W
stranger
stranger
W
Im really getting tired of this, I know its been only few days since patch 2 but it just made things worse. We asked for good ending, were told that we will get the ending she deserves .. instead we got silenced on discord (biggest thread there got muted and even deleted today) and received extended neutral/bad ending. I also finished my first playthrough yesterday and I must say I had to force myself to do it.. as soon I entered act 3 Karlach goes full doomer and wants to turn into a squid. Can Larian address this no good ending option and say we will fix it or man up and say that they cut it out with the Upper city and it will never come back? 130 hours ended with emotional damage. Still a great game, but wrong interaction with fans this time, I still have hopes they will do the right thing..

Suggestions:

making deal with Raphael
making deal with Mizora
making deal with Zariel
asking Gondians for help
asking any of the gods in game for help
asking Gale or other sorcerer for help

HELP!

Still a GOTY material, money well spent, just wished I wasnt played by Larian like this. Its not a real life, its D&D, let me fix her!

apprentice
apprentice
They deleted our discord thread?!

Justice for Karlach!
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Originally Posted by Wolfajz
.. instead we got silenced on discord (biggest thread there got muted and even deleted today)

Can you elaborate on this please? Did they comment on it somehow or just deleted the thing?

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
This is misleading. They deleted the original Justice for Karlach thread because:

1. They reworked their feedback system to cut back on the number of threads since discord has a limit.

2. That thread kind of turned into a cesspool of threats and transphobia so the original poster requested it to be deleted.

There is still an open and active Karlach thread in the archived feedback section, and people are still free make new Justice for Karlach feedback posts. You just can't comment on new feedback posts since it usually just devolves into unrelated conversation. There has been no sign from Larian that they are hostile to Karlach related feedback besides putting her in the frequently requested feedback section.

Last edited by Nessius; 08/09/23 09:59 AM.
veteran
veteran
The main Karlach thread on discord was requested to be closed by the thread's author themself, and what Nessius says is correct.

This is the 'Read First' post in the reworked feedback forums in its entirety, providing some elaboration (Mainly the goal is for Larian to be able to find and read peoples feedback, the following discussion isn't the point and intent of the feedback forums there, due to maaaany Discord limitations - basically Larian wants to hear the feedback, and that proved to be more difficult due to how discord works):

NEW SYSTEM
When our feedback collectors see and collect your feedback, the thread will be closed as a means to keep the thread count down (so we don't reach the cap), and a signal that it's been seen. So if your post disappears - your feedback has been collected! :Minthara_party:

RULES
- **Do __not__ post bug reports here. For bug reports, please use <https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3#modal>
- Do not post feedback-threads as a comment on someone else's thread. It's ok to have differing opinions.
- Be polite.
- Try to be considerate still about spoilers; Speak vaguely or employ spoiler tags (Example: `||Spoiler marked text`) at your best ability

Where did all the posts go?
Now that Baldur's Gate is released, feedback and bug-reporting have changed a bit in nature. Some of you may have noticed that discord hasn't let you make new feedback posts lately - apparently there's a limit!

We've decided to reformat the feedback channel to focus more on the feedback rather than discussion. (Let's be honest, most active feedback threads mostly weren't on topic anyway) - Instead we encourage you to openly discuss ideas and thoughts in #bg3-general-nospoilers instead should you wish to bounce ideas prior to, or after posting. Remember to spoiler tag if you deem it needed :slight_smile:

This will also simplify the feedback process as we can close threads as they're 'collected' to make space for other threads to be made here and in other channels that have (or will have threads enabled in the future) to be able to utilize the threads feature too.

The old feedback channel remains public for now so that ongoing discussions can be finished/continued while we work through them. Discussions will be turned off during the weekend, but will be left up until the team has had time to work through the rest of the posts and read your inputs and thoughts.

FREQUENT FEEDBACK
Based on the previous feedback experience, having a small list of very regularly received feedback may be of interest (?) so I'll note down an incomplete list here:

- Add the ability to remove *all* characters from a party (common multiplayer-issue if someone stops playing anymore with the group)
- Ingame text-chat for multiplayer
- Swap between characters in dialogue
- Roll for stats in character creation
- Karlach. Karlach. Karlach. Karlach. Karlach. Karlach. Karlach. JUSTICE!
- Minthara? Yeah ok she's awesome too. Minthara. Minthara. Minthara! JUSTICE?
- Various game performance concerns
- Romance is too easy / happens too early
- In-game text chat
- Swap between characters mid-dialogue

W
stranger
stranger
W
I dont think this is true, there must be something behind this. If you system is in place and working, why dont you delete bg3-archived-feedback > Mintharas Lack of Content and Humle Fanclub? You claim once you collect feedback you close the thread and delete it, yet you only muted and deleted our Karlachs thread (even tho the creator asked for this, why would you mute it before deleting it few days after). Minthara fans already voiced their opinions (aka feedback collected) and they received a fix (doesnt matter its still buggy, they received it), why not mute and delete this the thread as well?

Understandable. As for me I always liked the "eternal adventure fantasy" so np for me. For the time being. Naturally all of act 3 needs to be revised and fleshed out in the definitive edition, including Karlachs story.

W
stranger
stranger
W
"threats and transphobia" I mean, we have an admin in place, its their job to take care of problems like this, you cant blame the thread for it. If I would go and spam other thread with threats and transphobia I would get removed, not the thread for love of god. All im saying that current rules dont apply to every thread the same (via my reply to Composer). This isnt fair and we all see the proof which is the treatment we received. Not just from Larian not acknowlidging cut content but now on discord.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Originally Posted by Nytukas
It's very much that bad, which the new scenes are mostly there to emphasize, I think. It's not physically debilitating at the moment - for gameplay reasons, I'm sure - and you can even throw soul coins on the fire with perfect safety. But she's in pain and her time is short.

No its not lol ,and even if it was there is a plethora of ways to fix her but we aren't allowed to explore them

I'm just describing what actually happens in the game. This is how her condition is currently portrayed. She literally dies right after the final fight if she doesn't go back. I'm not saying it makes any sense that we can't fix her or ameliorate her condition - just that as things stand, right now, the game says it's very bad, and it does turn out to be very bad.

The problem that the game can't tell what's bad and what's not. For example Gale having a nuke in his chest sounds a serious problem. I would argue a great deal worse than Karlach's situation but it gets deus ex machinad and treated like a mosquito bite.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Feris
You said her condition is desperate.

I was trying to describe how they present the situation in the game, and that is definitely how they present it (especially in the newly added scenes we were originally discussing). I think most of us here agree that solutions are readily available - the problem is that the game just doesn't acknowledge them and keeps pushing her certain doomedness.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Wolfajz
I dont think this is true, there must be something behind this. If you system is in place and working, why dont you delete bg3-archived-feedback > Mintharas Lack of Content and Humle Fanclub? You claim once you collect feedback you close the thread and delete it, yet you only muted and deleted our Karlachs thread (even tho the creator asked for this, why would you mute it before deleting it few days after). Minthara fans already voiced their opinions (aka feedback collected) and they received a fix (doesnt matter its still buggy, they received it), why not mute and delete this the thread as well?

I suspect you missed the part where I said "The thread's author asked for the thread to be closed".

Last edited by The Composer; 08/09/23 12:47 PM.
B
Banned
Banned
B
I just hope will not have to wait until DE for one quick quest

I was trying to describe how they present the situation in the game, and that is definitely how they present it (especially in the newly added scenes we were originally discussing). I think most of us here agree that solutions are readily available - the problem is that the game just doesn't acknowledge them and keeps pushing her certain doomedness.

Which is disappointing because I know Larian's philosophy is to enable player freedom to solve problems creatively. Perhaps there wasn't enough time to implement the available avenues but, hopefully, a definitive edition will do just that.

R
Rae Offline
R
Originally Posted by Walking Kole

Which is disappointing because I know Larian's philosophy is to enable player freedom to solve problems creatively. Perhaps there wasn't enough time to implement the available avenues but, hopefully, a definitive edition will do just that.

I'm pretty sure, this wasn't Larian's original intention, how the quest now looks in act3, rather lack of time due to release date, major bugs and similar, which caused an unfortunate decisions to cut/remove Karlach's content. As everyone here I do hope for the future definite edition.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Off handedly talking to my friends yesterday I realized Karlach was the single thing that decided between Good/Evil Urge for me.
In act 2 you can not kill Isobel at Last Light without killing Dammon with the Shadow Curse, in hopes that he could fix Karlach I couldn't bring myself to do it.

But now that I'm about to finish my playthrough and see there's no hope for her. Next time there will be no mercy. Butcher and Burn everything.

Last edited by DragoV; 08/09/23 02:23 PM.
B
Banned
Banned
B
I truly hope we can get just one quest added soon, then we can wait for DE

B
Banned
Banned
B
Or they can just add one quest to calm us down

Page 35 of 157 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 156 157

Link Copied to Clipboard