Next Thread
Print Thread
#893426 07/09/23 11:13 AM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
So, like most of the more active members in our community, I've restarted the game a few times already. And, even though the variety of options is already huge, and each playthrough is different, I couldn't help but want something more.

What if we had a New Game+ option to easily restart a campaign with the same main character, but this time with little extras, such as new items, Steam achievements or even a new difficulty mode, more challenging than the Tactician mode. (Okay, I'll not mention level 20 here, but...!)

It would also be interesting if there was a visible number of how many times a given Tav finished the game.

I don't know, the possibilities are endless. Food for thought. :]

SoulPotion #893442 07/09/23 11:33 AM
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I think the beauty for me and a New Game+ (such as Witcher III for example) is that you already have all your stuff including for BG3 in particular, the dreaded camp supplies. This game, however awesome it is, has waaaaaaayyyy too many empty or useless containers that just take up so much game time to sift through. Even though I'm on my 2nd play-through atm on tactician, and have over 1,000 camp supplies, I still can't help myself to look in containers (just in case). A New Game+ would allow players to focus on the story and combat with alternate endings without having to go through all the farming which was (kinda) fine on the first play-through.

Minscforlife #893615 07/09/23 04:01 PM
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by Minscforlife
I think the beauty for me and a New Game+ (such as Witcher III for example) is that you already have all your stuff including for BG3 in particular, the dreaded camp supplies. This game, however awesome it is, has waaaaaaayyyy too many empty or useless containers that just take up so much game time to sift through. Even though I'm on my 2nd play-through atm on tactician, and have over 1,000 camp supplies, I still can't help myself to look in containers (just in case). A New Game+ would allow players to focus on the story and combat with alternate endings without having to go through all the farming which was (kinda) fine on the first play-through.

This was my experience at least, but I felt like gold was practically useless.
I thought the infernal iron would be used for something too and saved them but maybe I missed something they never had any use.
The only thing I bought in Act 3 was a body armor piece solely because of the appearance lol.

Maybe I just missed some vendor or something but I felt like I was geared out in Act 2 and only got two legendary weapons ( from the same main story boss ) and then a legendary staff from a companion quest that was about it everything else was either from Act 1 or 2 ( I think I may have found two more legendary weapons I honestly can't remember if they were or just '' epic '' ).
I kinda feel like I probably could've gone through the game ignoring boxes and containers unless it was some special area and not have lost out on anything.
Camp supplies is probably the only thing I'd struggle with if I wasn't looting boxes and such.

SoulPotion #893703 07/09/23 06:53 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by SoulPotion
with little extras, such as new items, Steam achievements or even a new difficulty mode, more challenging than the Tactician mode.
All those would be nice, especially harder difficulty mode that I heard many requests for. Not sure why we would need Game+ for it.

I can’t quite imagine what you want from game plus, in spite of game somehow giving you special rewards for replaying it - I would hope that the alleged “no two playthroughs are the same” would already provide enough of an incentive.

That said, I am not a New Game+ player. Never seen a point of it.

Wormerine #894030 08/09/23 10:06 AM
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Wormerine
with little extras, such as new items, Steam achievements or even a new difficulty mode, more challenging than the Tactician mode.
All those would be nice, especially harder difficulty mode that I heard many requests for. Not sure why we would need Game+ for it.

I can’t quite imagine what you want from game plus, in spite of game somehow giving you special rewards for replaying it - I would hope that the alleged “no two playthroughs are the same” would already provide enough of an incentive.

I think you missed the point of NG+. I would say that at least half of my 2 play-through's have been dedicated to finding loot, finding camp supplies, opening up all 10,000 containers in the game for rotten food (or nothing), and managing inventory. A NG+ normally starts you with everything you finished the previous game with (minus items that are specifically achieved via a quest) so that you may replay the game at a harder setting (since you are full flex at level 12) and enjoy the multiple story lines and potential endings. Basically it allows you to focus on the game, quests, missions, companion stories, etc without all the mundane time-sink management as I listed just before.

SoulPotion #894032 08/09/23 10:12 AM
A
A
The other thing about new game+ is two copies of big shot items. Imagine two copies of Baldurian Greatsword or Helldusk armor...

Minscforlife #894113 08/09/23 01:09 PM
journeyman
journeyman

I think you missed the point of NG+. I would say that at least half of my 2 play-through's have been dedicated to finding loot, finding camp supplies, opening up all 10,000 containers in the game for rotten food (or nothing), and managing inventory. A NG+ normally starts you with everything you finished the previous game with (minus items that are specifically achieved via a quest) so that you may replay the game at a harder setting (since you are full flex at level 12) and enjoy the multiple story lines and potential endings. Basically it allows you to focus on the game, quests, missions, companion stories, etc without all the mundane time-sink management as I listed just before.

But the 'the mundane time-sink management' is a flaw of the game. What would be the point of replaying the entire story with legendary weaponry?

What would satisfy you is an expansion or DLC that raises the level cap to 20 and introduces stronger enemies and epic challenges. Walking through goblin mobs with god-like equipment isn't stimulating in my opinion

SoulPotion #894230 08/09/23 03:49 PM
apprentice
apprentice
I would love it, because I could live new endings and romances. And tell the story of my character with more customization of items, being able to have a more interesting character to relive the adventure

Undomiel #894276 08/09/23 05:12 PM
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Undomiel

But the 'the mundane time-sink management' is a flaw of the game. What would be the point of replaying the entire story with legendary weaponry?

What would satisfy you is an expansion or DLC that raises the level cap to 20 and introduces stronger enemies and epic challenges. Walking through goblin mobs with god-like equipment isn't stimulating in my opinion

It seems a lot of people are unfamiliar with NG+... Games offering NG+ ensure mobs are scaled to the end game characters of level 12 with all their pew pew gear. The difference is the NG+ also offers higher levels with mobs also scaling. Since we are not getting higher than level 12, a simple lvl 12 scaled boost for all mobs would do the trick. Therefore, you get the same fighting challenge throughout the game and can concentrate on the many many alternate stories and companions on each play-through. THB, this 2nd one I'm doing on tactician will be my last. I would love to do some more, but the farming is driving me crazy.

Last edited by Minscforlife; 08/09/23 05:15 PM.
Minscforlife #894362 08/09/23 08:27 PM
veteran
veteran
Since we are not getting higher than level 12, a simple lvl 12 scaled boost for all mobs would do the trick. Therefore, you get the same fighting challenge throughout the game and can concentrate on the many many alternate stories and companions on each play-through. THB, this 2nd one I'm doing on tactician will be my last. I would love to do some more, but the farming is driving me crazy.
I don't think it's that simple. It works for games, where RPG development is very basic - stat increase essencially. While there is a little bit of it, the system is a bit more nuanced. You could give goblins more attacks and have them make more damange, but that wouldn't suffice, I don't think. It is the late game enemy specific skills that make fights more challenging, and to achieve a proper NG+, all encounters would have to be redesigned, and new enemy kits developed.

Link Copied to Clipboard