Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
B
stranger
stranger
B
The same problem here!
It's impossible to play after around 20 hours of split screen game frown
A lot of big freezes and controller bugs (cursor go wild and we can't point any targets).
Such a disappointment.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Bumping this thread, because this is imho the most problematic issue right now that needs fixing asap.
It started out great, but now I have the feeling that my PS5 will explode when I cast minor illusion. frown The freezes are crazy.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Didsy
Created an account to further lend weight to this really frustrating issue.

While the game ran fine in the first few hours, now we are 20+ hours into a playthrough, still in act 1 - the game hangs / freezes in split screen coop every single time without fail when:

* we use L2 to switch party members
* split or group party members
* allocate characters to people in the multiplayer menu
* change turns in combat
* cast a transformation effect spells
* cast a summoning spell that adds a controllable unit like spirit weapon or an animal.

The freeze when summoning can last as long as 20 - 30 seconds.
The game is great (!) however when you have two people doing all the above, it's really awful and barely playable in all honesty. It's making us instinctively not want to split party members when the game clearly intends us to do it for tactical reasons, not manage our or change gear because it requires character swaps, not change gear or do anything that requires switching between characters. We constantly find ourselves apologizing to the other because on of us switched characters while the other was doing something. Or we warn the other when we are about to summon etc...

Just registered an account to add my vote to this problem. We are playing with my wife and have exactly the same problem. We love the game a lot but it became just unplayable

Last edited by kefir; 11/09/23 01:04 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
Everyone should submit a bug report as well as post here and on other spaces like Reddit, Discord, etc. this is an inexcusable flop for a game release that was ALREADY delayed. Many of you (myself included) bought deluxe versions to play early with our loved ones. This just got us to this “unplayable freeze and lag” point earlier.

I received an automated “we got your ticket” response today. That’s a start.

Please use your PS5 recording function to record the horrendous lag and gameplay. Export it to YouTube and post it so we can maximize the amount of people talking about how buggy PS5 co op is. It will warn others to NOT buy this game until it’s fixed, hurting their profit and forcing Larian to prioritize this fix.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Also created an account to regiter my complaint. There are other little bugs but this one is really annoying me and my wife. Changing characters, summoning, passing your turn... these are all actions that you do frequently in the game and it is taking 10-20 seconds for me. I remember that in Divinity 2 there were some small freezes when summoning but nothing compared to what we are experiencing here. The game is amazing but this is really starting to bother us and I'm thinking about stop playing until this is resolved.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Created account and submit bug for the same issue.

Wife and I have fallen in love with the game but it's become totally unplayable towards the end of act 1 in split screen. Split screen mode is one of the main draws for many players on the PS5 and it was implemented incredibly well in Divinity.

PLEASE Larian - acknowledge that you're looking into this at least! We want to play the game together!

J
stranger
stranger
J
I'm just adding my name to the list of people who are experiencing the issue. My wife and I tried to ignore the issues until about the end of act 1. The game is unplayable now. I reported it as a bug.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Same here… really really dissapointing. And it seems that nobody is aware!
Did anybody get an answer from larian? Do they know?

stranger
stranger
Just wanted to echo what everybody else has been saying. Game ran fine for the first 5-8 hours, then got slowly worse. We are about 15-20 hours in now, in the underdark, and it went from annoying to really bad. Huge freezes constantly, cursor bugging out. Hope Larian fixes this soon (or at least responds to let us know when we can expect a fix).

A
stranger
stranger
A
This does get worse further into the game. Halfway through act 2 and the freezes are >7 seconds when switching characters

M
stranger
stranger
M
I am also having some small freezes when playing coop on PS5. Currently in the underdark. It seems its getting worse as we progress.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Also wanted to do my part and report the same issues others are experiencing. About 20 hours in, my wife and I started experiencing problems that seem to be getting significantly worse with time. Started in combat with minor lag when switching characters, but progressively got worse to a nearly unplayable point, unfortunately. The first time it became difficult to play, we were fighting some gnolls as a part of the "Find the Missing Shipment" quest. After turning that quest in, we noticed it get MUCH worse when we took a trip to Auntie Ethel's place in the bog. Doesn't seem to be location dependent, rather it seems to be getting worse overall regardless of where our characters are in the world, ESPECIALLY in combat, when switching characters, or when summoning familiars. We were having a really good time with the game before it started acting up, but the lag has made it pretty painful to try to play. Hoping for a fix, because the game itself is awesome when you can actually manage to play it.

Last edited by MediumIntestine; 11/09/23 05:54 PM. Reason: speeling
F
stranger
stranger
F
Just registered an account to add to the discussion. I've been experiencing the same lag/freezing issues. I have sent out a bug report as well. Ps5 split screen is unplayable from 15-20 hours on. I had bought the ps5 version only for the couch coop experience, but it seems that's not an option for now. Luckily I had bought EA a long time ago and had Baldurs on PC as well. I hooked up my pc to the tv and I'm doing split screen from there. Totally unconvenient, but it gets the job done. Awful performance by the PS5 version, it shouldn't have been released with split screen in this state.

Last edited by Fujicrow; 11/09/23 06:56 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Also made an account just to post a thread about it and raise awerness. Having same exact problems as mentioned above but for us it was a bad experience from the get-go, even though it gets worse as we advance through the game.

But even the first half hour felt janky and laggy. And the poor targeting of lootable/interactive items gave a bad feel already in the room where you rescue shadowheart.

But as you all stated, 15-20 hours into the game and its not playable.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Same here. When things like a summon is used or a turn ends and someone enters or exits camp, the game freezes for about 10+ seconds. The state that ps5 splitscreen co-op was released in is really not acceptable for a 70+ dollar game

C
stranger
stranger
C
Finally gave up today. Played 2h and spent half the time between freezes or save reloading to fix cursor bug. Unbearable and honestly embarassing that there is still no news about the problem.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Same here, 20 h into the game with wife and all the lags described before happened to me as well. Constantly reloading for cursor fix, huge freezes when switching characters, summoning new additional ones and after each kill of an enemy. Literally unplayable in current state. Larian acknowledge the problem!

apprentice
apprentice
The fact that the performance starts getting like this only 15 hours in is something that even if was possible to get a refund on the PlayStation you would be unable to do so because of how long it takes for it to start appearing.

I don't know, the more we play the more the magic disappears for me. I'm starting to focus on the flaws of the game more and more. It sucks. frown

J
stranger
stranger
J
Wooo. Its nice to know that we aren't the only ones experiencing this crazy lag. We're only 11 hours in and its rough summoning things, or changing characters for split screen co-op on the PS5. I can't imagine for folks who made it to act II.

For Larian, come on folks--we know its early days. I work in software--can't imagine what you guys are dealing with at the moment, but at least say something about this. Its obviously a problem. Give us a timeline or something--anything really.

Last edited by jaydvast; 11/09/23 11:14 PM.
stranger
stranger
Bad news Guys, this has been the issue since launch on PC.

Zero acknowledgement from Larian.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard