Originally Posted by fylimar
Originally Posted by JandK
I disagree.

I think it would be bad form for Larian to post something bad about another game, but we're all consumers here. And this is a more than fitting topic, considering current speculation about who is going to win GotY. Being that Starfield has been known as sort of *the* competition, comparisons are not only inevitable, but warranted.

It's also tangentially about the future of the gaming industry as a whole, and that requires a level of critical language.

This is overly dramatic here. As I said, go to the Bethesda forum to let them know, what you think, tehy could do better, like we do here with BG3. And if you want to discuss if the one or the other game made become GOTY, that can be done in a much more tasteful manner.

Clearly Bethesda doesn't care about what their own fans think nor do they take any feedback or Starfield wouldn't have the issues it does. I mean, they literally took aspects of Skyrim people loved and then made it so you can't do that anymore*

I would invite you to stop gatekeeping respectful criticism. No-one is being hyperbolic, or abusive to Bethesda or it's dev's - we are listing criticisms with the game that players who have played it have with it. It's disappointing frankly that you choose to characterize that as "bashing" and I would further invite you to define what you actually mean by that. Given my history of taking issue when people crossed a line from "helpful criticism" to "outright abuse" on this forum I have managed to create a clear definition of what "bashing" is and maybe you need to do the same.

Also, maybe play the game first and get a sense for what people mean with the criticism they have. Also what does "tasteful" mean? Could you define that? Also why should I be held to account on your definition of tasteful?

*Likely some modder will fix some of this though thankfully.

Blackheifer