Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
stranger
stranger
M
Seriously, Larian. It happened once before when I backed D:OS II on kickstarter with the prospect of playing it on mac, excited to play it on release day, month later.. and only getting to play it a whole year after PC release.

I'm fine with waiting until the release date, but Im not fine with hints of possible release date and complete silence on the date without clear communication.

I expected it in august, assuming since it was in EA all this time and working pretty well, your early PC release would include Mac too. Didn't happen
Then you hinted that it is aimed at releasing with PS5 version, still didn't happen. I bought the PS5 Deluxe too by the way.

Give us a clear date please, so at least we don't bother expecting it "sometime soon" and getting disappointed every day.

So far it seems that Mac release might be linked to Apple event on 12th and could be the BIG NEWS there, hence the silence on Larian's part.

O
stranger
stranger
O
An update on the Mac release would be nice.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
I also created an account just to +1 this comment.

M
stranger
stranger
M
The Splitscreen Performance is absolutely abyssmal...
Getting 4-5 second freezes every time you swap a character or go into the menu
13-15 second freezes when someone summons a familiar and about 20fps base, dropping even lower when in combat.

Can you guys give us any answer how long this will take to fix? payed 80€ for the deluxe edition and this is kinda disappointing cause it just frustates us playing splitscreen - it becomes literally unplayable after 12-15 hrs and gets worse and worse. Still Act I

O
stranger
stranger
O
I purchased this game 2 years ago, specifically because there was a Mac version being developed, and I wanted to support a studio building mac games.

I am frustrated and upset that there is a lack of communication from Larian on the availability of the Mac version.

Maybe it wasn't ready for launch along side PC, maybe they use the same qa resources for all platforms and it was the lowest priority, who knows! Just tell us.

For a company that is so transparent in other ways to have complete radio silence on what is happening for mac is dumbfounding.

There was no announcement at the launch of the game last month that Mac was not available yet, even though multiple internet sources were saying the mac version would be available on steam at launch. Then there were multiple updates in numerous places (including this forum) that Sept 6th was the day. I deleted my old install and reinstalled yesterday, only to find it was still an early access build.

I feel that minimally, we deserve an update message pushed to the game page on steam that explains the roadmap for Mac, I know the mac numbers are not huge, but i think larian can afford to pay someone in the PR department to write a single release note that talks to this audience that is wanting to play their game.

W
stranger
stranger
W
I would like to add a +1 to the Mac-Version frustration. I bought BG3 on Launchday on Steam, that still clearly shows that it is playable to Mac. I was able to download on Mac. I was able to launch it and then got told, that it doesn't run on my platform. There were no hints (there are still only those in the reviews), that the Mac-Version is a (currently) not available.
So I am not here, because I don't like Mac Version not released together with PC version, or to discuss with people how we Mac users are no gamers anyways, but because I bought a product over a month ago with false informations. Even in the FAQ on the Larian page it states (still at this moment) that the game is running on Mac.
If this all is done, because they want to announce the Mac version on an Apple event, I would be just a lot more frustrated, because I was not just lied to and sold something that isn't there, but all that because of some PR event, for a product, that shouldn't need any more Advertisement as everybody is already talking about it.

Please, at least talk to us! We already paid!

G
stranger
stranger
G
+1 Waiting for Mac release.. Paid for early access deluxe version. I am getting late access, and no communication. cmon..

Last edited by Gwarryn; 07/09/23 01:36 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
I’m a Mac customer, and while the lack of clear communication is a bit frustrating, I can understand that if the Mac version is made by an external entity, while all communication is through Larian, that the finer details are a bit opaque.
I don’t know quite how that should be solved organisationally, but I’d suggest to Larian that they let those responsible for the Mac version pen a direct response to the Mac community themselves, check it for OKness, and publish it. Heck, they might even include some tidbits such as plans for MetalFX upscaling et cetera!

Last edited by EntropyQ3; 07/09/23 02:52 PM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
Created an account just to +1 the frustration on mac comms. Please clarify what's happening, please.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by EntropyQ3
I’m a Mac customer, and while the lack of clear communication is a bit frustrating, I can understand that if the Mac version is made by an external entity, while all communication is through Larian, that the finer details are a bit opaque.

Even if they outsourced the mac version to an external party (which would surprise me in a project that must have had a somewhat agile development process) and even if that is the reason for the delay, they could just tell us that rather than being silent

I can understand any delay or problem a mac release might have, but what I cannot understand is the way Larian is communicating to customers who already paid the full price for the game and are now stuck in Limbo. To be frank, I struggle to decide whether I should call what is going on disrespectful or intentionally misleading. Possibly both.

I sincerely hope this doesn't turn out to be a marketing ploy for that silly apple event next week and that Larian did not just push everything back on purpose to get some sort of sales boost…

Last edited by Vyse; 07/09/23 06:38 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
+1 for creating an account to advocate for better communication on Mac release date.

E
stranger
stranger
E
+1 for yeah... just post some info on the Mac version already!

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by eggsfordays
Originally Posted by Vyse
Originally Posted by Salo
Xbox & Mac
An official Mac release is planned for later this month – more details to follow.

With all due respect, could you please improve the communication on the mac version of the game a little bit?

Created an account just to +1 this comment. Communication on the Mac version has been terrible and far below the standard I am used to from this otherwise awesome company. Come on Larian, how hard can it be to give some proper updates? This is a bit unprofessional. We paid full price as well.
Xbox & Mac
An official Mac release is planned for later this month – more details to follow.

With all due respect, could you please improve the communication on the mac version of the game a little bit?

Created an account just to +1 this comment. Communication on the Mac version has been terrible and far below the standard I am used to from this otherwise awesome company. Come on Larian, how hard can it be to give some proper updates? This is a bit unprofessional. We paid full price as well.
Xbox & Mac

Xbox & Mac

Originally Posted by silfreed
Xbox & Mac

Originally Posted by silfreed
Xbox & Mac

New account to also add my +1

H
stranger
stranger
H
Xbox & Mac

Same - the process has been disappointing...

A
stranger
stranger
A
Where is mac version???When??

O
stranger
stranger
O
Baldur’s Gate 3 is out now on PS5! Welcome to the party, PlayStation players – it’s time to venture forth into Faerûn. Watch the PS5 Launch Trailer, narrated by the Forgotten Realms’ own Shadowheart:

Get Baldur’s Gate 3 on PlayStation 5 here

Built for PS5
In a post on the PS Blog this week, we posed an important question: “How exactly do you translate an uncompromising RPG to a controller without it feeling like eating a wet hotdog?”

The answer: Baldur’s Gate 3 has been built for the PS5 from day one, and much work has gone into delivering the game’s complexities in just a few buttons and triggers. Using the PlayStation 5 DualSense Controller, access to actions, spells, long rests and items becomes a matter of muscle memory.

Check out our post in the PS Blog, where we go into more detail about features like Lightbar reactivity and various controller scheme options.

Cross-Save Support
With cross-save support, you can take your PC playthrough from your desk to the comfort of your couch! All you need is a Larian account – no paid subscriptions required.

Xbox & Mac

Baldur’s Gate 3 will come to Xbox later this year and will feature split-screen co-op on the Series X, as well as cross-saves between PC, PS5 and Xbox.

+1

And the wrong information regarding mac version on Steam is a shame. I dont understand why Steam didnt pull the Mac-Version from Steam.

A
stranger
stranger
A
+1
Could you kindly update us on the progress for Mac users?

G
stranger
stranger
G
This message is not about MacOS version))
Its about gratitude for developing this game for PS5 console, i would say its a fresh breath for console players! Yes it's not perfect yet, there is things to polish (like adding subtitle translation to it) but hey it's there in the store and it's wonderful! Thank you so much once again. And please don't stop making it better to play for us, don't stop updates. The stakes are high and the trust is all yours.
Regular PS5 player

S
stranger
stranger
S
I already had it on PS5, and I bought it on Mac (through Steam) to play with some friends that don't have PS5. I go to enable cross-save so I can port my PS5 characters over and it's not in the Mac client. After some digging, I realize it's because I'm NOT PLAYING THE FINAL RELEASE. Nowhere on Steam's website does it say this. I submitted a refund request to Steam because this is ridiculous. Delay it if you have to in order to get it right, but PLEASE COMMUNICATE MORE CLEARLY before we go wasting money on an unfinished product.

Between the non-functional gender identity tag (my non-binary characters get gendered based on body type not the actual gender tag) and the lack of sliders for character customization, this is starting to feel like Cyberpunk's launch all over again. There was a lot promised, in particular to us non-binary gamers, and we get let down yet again.

(they/them)
D
stranger
stranger
D
Hello, does anybody here know if Larian has even addressed how unplayable couch co op on the ps5 is? My wife and I have sunk 25 plus hours into act 1 and things are starting to get unbearable. Every time one of us swaps characters there are huge freezes, and when in combat half of Shadowheart's abilities freeze the game for a solid minute. Going from one character to another during combat also freezes the game. Opening inventory in combat does the same. We have played Divinity 1 and Divinity 2 for years and the issues weren't nearly this bad EVER! I really hope this gets fixed because we are huge fans of Baulder's Gate and everything Larian. I just really want to know if anyone at Larian plans to address these issues and when they will be fixed.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard