V
Originally Posted by dilbret
And there it is... Mac version drops on Sept 21

https://twitter.com/larianstudios/status/1702023251478667279

Yes and while there are still open questions like:

"Why was that date so hard to communicate?"
"Why on twitter and not here on your forum or steam?"
"Why only one line of info yet again?"

I also have to say, it was the one line I really cared about.

So thank you for finally letting us in on the big secret.

Last edited by Vyse; 14/09/23 06:59 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by Vyse
Originally Posted by Salo
Xbox & Mac
An official Mac release is planned for later this month – more details to follow.

With all due respect, could you please improve the communication on the mac version of the game a little bit?

It is fine if the mac version still needs more work and will release later.
It is fine if apple is being difficult with the certification process.
It is fine if things change down the line.

About the only thing that isn't fine is hardly communicating at all and keeping us guessing all the time.

Agreed.

I'm seeing on the Steam Baldur's Gate launcher it still says they are targeting an "Early September" release.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by eleazzaar
Agreed.

I'm seeing on the Steam Baldur's Gate launcher it still says they are targeting an "Early September" release.

@Larian:
As you can see, for many people it is not their first instinct to check Twitter for news you have neither posted on Steam or your own forum/discord. I still do not quite understand this communication strategy. Why not post that on all channels available to you?

So for everyone checking this post who has not heard yet:

Mac release planned on September 21 with Patch 3!

(Assuming there are no unforeseen last minute changes or delays. See the twitter post above.)

Also I wanted to thank everyone who chimed in on my original post and even registered to do so. It is hard to tell if we had any effect with the little information we got in response, but I am glad we have a date now.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I hope that this information below is valid.

Mac release planned on September 21 with Patch 3!

I’m skeptical about this info as I have not seen anything on Larians website. In fact when I launch game it still refers to early September TBD. Well I’ve already played nearly 100hours of EA. It’s been poorly handled throughout this entire early access. With little to no information on Mac version whenever they updated game. It feels to me and
I’m sure many others they took my money and forgot about me. Their answer/solution is you can play the early access version. Going forward I will NEVER pay for early access AGAIN.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Hello Larian, why isn't there better communication with Mac on this game. It feels like you've abandoned this version of the game altogether. I see many updates around PC, Switch, Steam, PS5 and Xbox, But when it comes to updating the Mac community its VERY PISS POOR to say the least. We all paid good money for this early access just like everyone else. I for one have been in early access for 2+ years, I'm eagerly waiting for the final product to arrive. Just for once like to hear a firm date on release better yet a target date will do. Anything but silence and this one line statement....

Xbox & Mac
An official Mac release is planned for later this month – more details to follow.

addict
addict
Good news, everyone: BG3’s official twitter account confirms mac release tomorrow, sept 21st. No mention of specific time yet.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Flooter
Good news, everyone: BG3’s official twitter account confirms mac release tomorrow, sept 21st. No mention of specific time yet.
Yes, that is where the news originated from. The question "why there?" and not anywhere on their own channels or on steam, where most people would actually think to check is what is throwing people off. As long as they actually release it tomorrow, I'm good, but man do I not get the whole communication strategy…

Regarding the time: They used this map for the PC release

[Linked Image from denofgeek.com]

I would at least assume, the mac release is pushed live at a similar time, since that is probably determined by external factors, like Steam updating their servers or whatever. No guarantees though.

B
stranger
stranger
B
i'll believe this when i log on and see updates available. I sure do hope this is true not some bogus statement. Like you stated nothing about can be found on their website nor any sort of message when i launch the early access. Its still reflecting early September. Poor communications throughout the entire EA for Macs. We always have to find out after the fact. I just dont get it, never again will i purchase an early access game. Ive been waiting for 2+ years for the final product.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Billionaire
i'll believe this when i log on and see updates available. I sure do hope this is true not some bogus statement. Like you stated nothing about can be found on their website nor any sort of message when i launch the early access. Its still reflecting early September. Poor communications throughout the entire EA for Macs. We always have to find out after the fact. I just dont get it, never again will i purchase an early access game. Ive been waiting for 2+ years for the final product.

Well unless their twitter was hacked by people posting wrong release dates for mac games, the info is legit.
A reasonable statement regarding the wait would probably be "what is a few more days after 2 years of wait?". Given that the problem here is the way the information is (not) communicated (at least to me) I will not make any such claims. The communication has been very poor. If you wanted information you had to really search for it on any channel available as every little bit of information on the mac release was posted randomly on different channels from a single line in their discord faq to twitter. I can imagine that there are still tons of people who bought the game on steam and either never figured out why they only had the beta or will only notice tomorrow when the full release drops and their saves become incompatible.

For reference though, here is the link to the twitter post in question. I would assume that is legit, but I would not put it beyond them to post another very late update tomorrow evening, telling us that they postponed the release to an undefined point in the future yet again. We will likely see for ourselves tomorrow. (god forbid somebody from Larian told us beforehand. It would completely ruin the tension and surprise)
https://twitter.com/larianstudios/status/1702023251478667279

V
stranger
stranger
V
[Linked Image from cdn.discordapp.com]

I honestly cannot believe you Larian. Do you perform your quality checks 1h before somebody is hitting the release button? Do you have any project managers? Any time management? Or do you just give out random dates based on gut feeling and hope for the best until the day you pointed to arrives? How do you always notice that you have to delay on the day of supposed release???? I sincerely hope your developers aren't being crunched to death to make these timelines. If you notice that you are cutting it THIS close, just announce a delay earlier. You are helping nobody with these last minute announcements! Neither us who had planned their days around the release and are now disappointed, nor your developers and testers who probably worked overtime because of it.

AND WHY CAN'T YOU POST THIS INFO ON A CHANNEL WHERE PEOPLE PLAYING THE GAME CAN ACTUALLY SEE IT OR ARE LIKELY TO LOOK LIKE YOUR FORUMS, YOUR DISCORD OR STEAM?

I had to dig for over half an hour from finding rumors about this delay until I found a source yet again. And again you only imply that this is true for the mac release as well without giving actual information. And again it feels like you don't give a damn. This has been nothing but single lines of vague information, hints and guessing ever since the release of the PC version. Meanwhile all comments on the matter have been ignored.

It may be only one day and as I pointed out in the previous post, it is not about the extra day, that pales in comparison to the waiting time we already had. It highlights however, how incredibly poor your communication on everything regarding the mac release is. Had I not already bought the game under false assumptions, I would not buy it anymore at this point.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Oh, I can totally relate this. I bought mac version on steam and what a surprise! It wasn’t a release version! It was really unpleasant experience.
In our company we have very strict rules about releases. One of them: do not release anything on Friday. Well… I guess Larian is ok with Friday’s releases.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by shmy333
Oh, I can totally relate this. I bought mac version on steam and what a surprise! It wasn’t a release version! It was really unpleasant experience.
In our company we have very strict rules about releases. One of them: do not release anything on Friday. Well… I guess Larian is ok with Friday’s releases.
We will probably get an update tomorrow that they push it back again… probably in morse code on a random radio frequency…

stranger
stranger
Probably now people like me who own an xbx should require some better communication towards our release. We're the only ones still waiting and all we got so far was between september and november. Not even knowing if it means end of november or beginning. Don't get me wrong i am super happy that game is coming to xbx this year and not how was planned before "somewhere in 2024", but I am also very worried with no updates on it at all.

veteran
veteran
xbox is so hard there are real doubts IF it comes

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
stranger
stranger
It was long time ago. And it was only about parity between X and S series.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard