Originally Posted by papercut_ninja
Originally Posted by Avallonkao
Oh yeah. That makes sense. I mean, who wouldn't want to be in a relationship with someone who's dreaming about having sex with someone else who's just a few steps away from you? And will jump to sleep with that person the first chance they've got and will openly flirt with them while you're around AND disapprove of you if you deny them the chance to have sex with said person. Seems a very good and healthy relationship. Especially if you're not into poly at all and just want an old and boring monogamous relationship.

Words aren't actions. I don't read into it that she has any desire to sneak away with anyone else just because she makes a few flirty jokes. If my partner was honest and sincere with me in a way that Shadowheart is in private, I would trust them to not be inconsiderate and hurtful towards me, and not jump to any premature conclusions based on some comments. Maybe her disapproval is a sign of her getting bad vibes from you that you are being possessive and don't trust her.

Bro, I cannot fathom how you are convincing yourself of this. Words are not actions but they do convey INTENTIONS. Also, considering she dreamt about her interaction with Halsin, already suggests an 'action'. Even if she wants to do that 'Action' she cannot unless they have coded that in the game, so the closest thing we can get is her dreaming of Halsin, and her intentions based on what she is saying. So even if they are just Words, they are all that we can rely on to move forward in the story, showing the intentions of the characters, and what they actually want to do. So no, its also not a "premature conclusion based on some comments" thing, because we know what happens in the game: she dreams of Halsin, disapproves when you do not let them sleep with each other, flirts with Halsin even after her romance is completed. Shadowheart dreaming of sleeping with Halsin, and wanting to get with him is BTW a form of EMOTIONAL CHEATING. I do not know if you have heard of this considering, you may be into this ShadowCuck thing.

But also, the fact that you approve of Shadowheart making "few flirty jokes" to other companions while you are in a romantic relationship with her is just... disgusting. And no her disapproval is just not her getting bad vibes from you, because you are being possessive. At that point of the story, you have already explored her romance and know that you have each other as romantic partners. Let me tell you, it is normal for people to be possessive of each other when they are in a romantic relationship. Shadowheart demonstrates this 'possessiveness' when you try to romance other companions and you are already with her, and will even end your romantic relationship, as she does not want to share you. So bottomline is, she is not disapproving of you because of "bad vibes", wtf that is so shallow. And no she should not be disapproving of you because you are being possessive, that should be normal as the MC and her is in a relationship in game. BOTH Halsin, and her disapprove of you at the same time, because you disagree with them getting together, simple as that, and it is so clear to see. Open your eyes.

Even if she actually wants to do that

WTF... hahahah I do not know what to say anymore.

Looking at the other thread regarding Halsin, the main issue seems to lie there. Once Halsin becomes a companion, they seem to have decided to lean very heavily into the daddy-bear joke and assume that those who bring Halsin along are the ones who are interested in exploring that whole poly-dad-bear story arc (since there's no role for him to fill otherwise with Jaheira as the more obvious canon character). Unless I am missing something there are no quests in act 3 where he plays any major part, so the writing assumes that you only brought him along for bear jokes and poly-romance and they make Shadowheart adapt to that. If Shadowheart didn't play along, would we have threads with people complaining that they wanted to have a Shadowheart threesome, but she is too much of a prude to go along with it and it ruins their fun?

As Rotsen has written in the original post, and as I have also written in my earlier post, regarding this Shadowheart threesome and people complaining. Larian could have made it so that for people who really wants to have threesome moment with Shadowheart, they could make it so that she will agree with this kind of thing if she takes the Evil or Shar Route in game, that way her character background would actually be more fitting- as Shar is into doing evil acts, so I would agree if she would not mind having threesomes or orgies, or poly romances. However, they could also have made it so that if players choose the Selunite Shadowheart or the good Shadowheart route, then she will be more possessive of the MC, given everything that she has been through, and would not want to share the MC with others. I think this is the best option Larian could have made.

Last edited by khylle232; 09/09/23 05:48 PM.