Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by CaptainBuss
Bad news Guys, this has been the issue since launch on PC.

Zero acknowledgement from Larian.

Yes, this is kind of the reason I've given up hope on the ps5 version. They haven't been able to fix it on PC, it would seem the only way out is through brute force (huge CPU and GPU), for now.
I believe they will place their bet on cross-play.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Fujicrow
Originally Posted by CaptainBuss
Bad news Guys, this has been the issue since launch on PC.

Zero acknowledgement from Larian.

Yes, this is kind of the reason I've given up hope on the ps5 version. They haven't been able to fix it on PC, it would seem the only way out is through brute force (huge CPU and GPU), for now.
I believe they will place their bet on cross-play.

For sure, it's super sporadic, I'm rocking an old 970 and i5 4690k and it runs just fine single player at ultra everything.

The second I hit split screen the whole thing tanks out 70% of the time, the other 30% it's fine, no issues at all for hours.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Made an account to lend my strength to this noble cause.

So they did an "update" last night and it fixed nothing as far as I can tell, same story as most of you. It's hard to find a decent split screen game these days so this game seemed like a literal game changer, my better half and I got the early access witch was bloody expensive in Australia. Around 12 to 13 hrs in we got our first freeze, now just about everything we do causes the game to freeze. Dose anyone know what the latest patch was even supposed to do? How do we get our split screen voices heard?

Last edited by Weather-man; 12/09/23 03:06 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
The duration of the freezes appears to get better after a certain point in the game (end of Act 2). Freezes fo from 8 seconds to 2 seconds. It's a breath of fresh air for now, but I expect it to continue getting worse again as the game goes on

L
stranger
stranger
L
It's really a shame that they sell the game (€80) and one of its MAIN functions doesn't work.

But the worst of all is that it doesn't seem like they are going to fix it, I don't see anything on Twitter, YouTube, or anywhere, only here and on reddit.

We send them bug reports and we all request it from Larian (there are many of us with this problem) they have to be aware of this and they do nothing.

The game is a 10, but unplayable in split screen, I will request a refund without much hope.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by kefir
[quote=Didsy]Created an account to further lend weight to this really frustrating issue.

While the game ran fine in the first few hours, now we are 20+ hours into a playthrough, still in act 1 - the game hangs / freezes in split screen coop every single time without fail when:

* we use L2 to switch party members
* split or group party members
* allocate characters to people in the multiplayer menu
* change turns in combat
* cast a transformation effect spells
* cast a summoning spell that adds a controllable unit like spirit weapon or an animal.

The freeze when summoning can last as long as 20 - 30 seconds.
The game is great (!) however when you have two people doing all the above, it's really awful and barely playable in all honesty. It's making us instinctively not want to split party members when the game clearly intends us to do it for tactical reasons, not manage our or change gear because it requires character swaps, not change gear or do anything that requires switching between characters. We constantly find ourselves apologizing to the other because on of us switched characters while the other was doing something. Or we warn the other when we are about to summon etc...

Came to say that me and my wife have the same problems on PS5.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Didsy
Created an account to further lend weight to this really frustrating issue.

While the game ran fine in the first few hours, now we are 20+ hours into a playthrough, still in act 1 - the game hangs / freezes in split screen coop every single time without fail when:

* we use L2 to switch party members
* split or group party members
* allocate characters to people in the multiplayer menu
* change turns in combat
* cast a transformation effect spells
* cast a summoning spell that adds a controllable unit like spirit weapon or an animal.

The freeze when summoning can last as long as 20 - 30 seconds.
The game is great (!) however when you have two people doing all the above, it's really awful and barely playable in all honesty. It's making us instinctively not want to split party members when the game clearly intends us to do it for tactical reasons, not manage our or change gear because it requires character swaps, not change gear or do anything that requires switching between characters. We constantly find ourselves apologizing to the other because on of us switched characters while the other was doing something. Or we warn the other when we are about to summon etc...

If you have two or three characters casting a summoning spell at the start of a fight - you will summon (freeze for 20-30s), change turns (freeze for 2-3s), summon (freeze for 20-30s), change turns again (freeze for 2-3s) and then freeze again when you summon or transform. That's almost 2mins of freezing in the space of what should be 30s of gameplay - and the player is literally spending more time frozen than playing.

edit: they responded to my bug report within 5mins of it being submitted, even after the auto response coming in saying that responses may take longer than expected...They said its being looked into and to monitor social media.

Made an account just to support this, perfect summary of the problem.

G
stranger
stranger
G
All these reviews that gave the game glowing accolades and 10/10s and not one managed to mention that splitscreen co op is basically broken/unplayable. Lots of people bought this game for co-op. If i knew it was like this, i never would have bought it.

Last edited by GeniusOfTheSky; 12/09/23 12:39 PM.
J
stranger
stranger
J
Bought early access on PS5 September 2nd with the sole intention of playing split screen with my wife. I have no intention to play by myself as that is not why I bought the game.

I will be requesting a refund tonight from Sony. Not sure if they’ll allow it, I’m within their 14 day refund limit but I’d rather try for a refund than see $80 and 100GB doing nothing on my PS5.

Really sad stuff, especially with all the great reviews and hype. Feels pretty shady to receive all these high scores and reviews and one of the best features of the game (couch co-op) is an embarrassment.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by JZA_301
Bought early access on PS5 September 2nd with the sole intention of playing split screen with my wife. I have no intention to play by myself as that is not why I bought the game.

I will be requesting a refund tonight from Sony. Not sure if they’ll allow it, I’m within their 14 day refund limit but I’d rather try for a refund than see $80 and 100GB doing nothing on my PS5.

Really sad stuff, especially with all the great reviews and hype. Feels pretty shady to receive all these high scores and reviews and one of the best features of the game (couch co-op) is an embarrassment.

Can you update the thread when you have heard back from Sony please? I agree that the fact none of this has been reflected in hardly any reviews is very very strange. There are a couple of articles noting some issues with ps5 coop, but then note only lower than expected FPS - which tbh is the least of our worries.

There needs to be more content creators posting footage of this issue, but given that some like Mortismal are being sponsored by Larian I doubt they have much incentive to draw attention to such awful performance.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Do tell us how it goes with the refund. I started the process today, I don't have high hopes, but it's worth a shot.
Glowing reviews are deserved, most people play this as a single player game, and it's great at that. The advertised option of split-screen gaming is totally misleading, though.

S
stranger
stranger
S
This needs more visibility and its a great game but split screen for Ps5 is just broken and really takes the fun out of the game. I submitted bug reports already. 0 reaction or Larian is really quiet about this.

apprentice
apprentice

Did some research because we were considering too but if you already downloaded and played the game it seems you're already out of their refund policy.

There needs to be more content creators posting footage of this issue, but given that some ike Mortismal are being sponsored by Larian I doubt they have much incentive to draw attention to such awful performance.

Unfortunately it appears too specific that even Digital Foundry didn't get it. They "tested" walking around and such and said it was playable and that performance was fine. Really disappointing.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Yep- the chat agent told me because I played it I can’t get a refund and they told me to reach out to Larian Support and then basically shut off chat…

Larian should be ashamed to sell a product so broken. Happy for all the single players and online players but couch co-op is rare these days so to offer it up as a feature that is just plain broken seems like false advertisement to me.

SHAMEFUL!

G
stranger
stranger
G
I don’t get how they messed couch co op so badly. Divinity Original Sin 2 was near flawless in couch co op. Did they not even playtest local co op? Did no reviewers play in local co op? The freezes and lag happen pretty early on and remain throughout. I find it hard to believe they were not aware how unplayable local co op is

apprentice
apprentice
My husband and I love Larian too much to ask for a refund, we will wait and hope they will fix this. It should be fixable - after all, DOS 2 worked perfectly in split screen, this is basically the same type of game mechanics-wise, but with beefier graphics.

For one, they should disable the Quality mode for the split screen and just go with Performance. I mean, we've initially selected Performance in the first place, but apparently the game defaults to Quality immediately when you enter split screen (which is ridiculous). And since the game freezes more frequently as you progress, this insinuates some kind of memory leak, unoptimized scripting or stacking conditions (I'm comparing these problems to Skyrim, but it may not be the same thing).

Whatever it is, I still have faith in them. They have provided unprecedented experience and entertainment for us in the past, we have a friggin' Platinum trophy in DOS 2 on PS4.

Survivor of Cania
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by Therai
Originally Posted by Jelwood001
Did they release a PS5 patch today for the official release date? I haven't had a chance to download it and examine it yet. Some online articles are already saying it addresses performance problems in local multiplayer/split screen (the wording I've found is that it addresses the character-switching lags, but I'm hoping this also applies to the other sources of stuttering, summons and some illusions.)

They released a hotfix, I think it was yesterday of over 1gb that claimed to address this, but we (and others on reddit) noticed no measurable improvement in the character switch freezing during ps5 split screen coop. We've had to stop our playthrough and wait for it to be addressed as its ruining the game. The freeze can sometimes be longer than 20s and when you have two people...disappointing since we got it only to play split screen coop and purchased the deluxe edition specifically for early access.

We're pushing through it and still managing to play somehow. But yeah it would be much better if it was fixed, it is such a great game that I don't want other people having the wrong impression because it wasn't polished enough.

I don't know how far you are in the playthrough, but it's far far more than a polish issue. Everyone has different tolerance levels of course, but I think by any reasonable metric this would not be considered playable. At 50 ish hours we are freezing for upwards of 40 seconds on some actions, 10s on every switch, every turn change, sometimes several targeting bugs PER battle requiring reloads, which take the better part of a minute.

And you not wanting people to get the wrong impression? The wrong impression comes from the lack of coverage this issue has been given - no major review outlet has covered it even people specifically assessing split screen coop, and even those commenting on act3 performance. This seems to be a pretty universal experience and not limited to specific people's consoles or installations - so they must have been aware of it when commenting. That is the wrong Impression.

But don't get me wrong, the single player game is fantastic. It's just that many people, especially on ps5 will have purchased it specifically for local coop - and Larian have clearly abused their stellar reputation for split screen coop in DOS2 and intentionally covered this issue up on ps5 prior to release, which is really scummy.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Therai

Did some research because we were considering too but if you already downloaded and played the game it seems you're already out of their refund policy.

There needs to be more content creators posting footage of this issue, but given that some ike Mortismal are being sponsored by Larian I doubt they have much incentive to draw attention to such awful performance.

Unfortunately it appears too specific that even Digital Foundry didn't get it. They "tested" walking around and such and said it was playable and that performance was fine. Really disappointing.

theoretically a refund should be possible. You don't get a refund when already purchased and used unless the game is not working properly.

Yep- the chat agent told me because I played it I can’t get a refund and they told me to reach out to Larian Support and then basically shut off chat…

Larian should be ashamed to sell a product so broken. Happy for all the single players and online players but couch co-op is rare these days so to offer it up as a feature that is just plain broken seems like false advertisement to me.

SHAMEFUL!

that's not OK. Sony is responsible for the products they sell on their online store to be at least working properly. This is what happened when Cyberpunk 2077 was released on PS4, the game was such a buggy mess that they had to refund a lot of people and the game was taken off the online store for a long while.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Has Larian responded to this feedback at all? or any news that they are looking in to it?

J
stranger
stranger
J
I told them the game wasn’t working properly and they just told me the policy doesn’t allow a refund and then shut off chat. Obviously not a big enough problem like cyberpunk because it’s only affecting split screen.

I dropped some comments on a handful of Larian and BG3’s tweets but it probably won’t matter.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard