Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Originally Posted by papercut_ninja
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
I am once again challenging Facebook Group lurkers to single combat.

My only opinion on this topic is that poly should be something actively pursued by the player, not the default setting. I mean this in no way as a judgment on people who partake in this type of life; I simply think most people would prefer the mono setting as standard with the option to switch to poly.

Well, if you remove everything where the player isn't actively pursuing or suggesting some form of sexual experimenting, the only thing that occurs are three lines of banter between SH and Halsin. Given that all of the companions seem horny most of the time and unashamedly brings this up at every opportunity (I am looking at YOU Gale, take a hint!), I don't feel that the writing really wrestled the reins out of the player's hands on this one. Everything stays the same between the main character and SH for the rest of the story as long as you don't pursue something, so I would say that the relationship is monogamous by default.

If my partner took me along to a pair of sex workers and initiated a discussion about exchanging sexual favours, I'd take that as a pretty strong hint that they are up for some sexual experimenting, and I would consider it a pretty underhanded move to then guilt me about going along with it.
Haven't gotten this banter because Halsin never leaves camp.
It sounds like the problem isn't poly, but that the game is terminally horny. Which has been a focal point of irritation in many other threads on different issues in this game, from companions to dialogue options to event triggers to NPCs to banter.

I never got the banter either, because I didn't remove the shadow curse, so Halsin had to stay behind. Just going with the statements given in the thread.

I do like my companions slutty and horny all the time, but I can see where it may not be everyone's cup of tea devil

Last edited by papercut_ninja; 11/09/23 03:10 PM.