Originally Posted by Surge90sf
It is weird because I posted a thread yesterday saying this exact thing. And no one answered.

Must have missed that post, else I'd have commented under there - I suppose at least this one had some traction.

Originally Posted by Surge90sf
*Edit* I also pointed out that the romance is just complete afk while you are murdered like the guy above. Act 3 is just complete EA and riddled with inconsistency.

I also want to point out one giant missed opportunity (edit: which, now that I read back, Annoyed Player in this post also brought up, though in a slightly different form, so apologies for the redundancy!):

Why wouldn't Bhaal leave us alive after rejecting him? Wouldn't it be more beneficial to him to keep bombarding you with terrible Urges, breaking your mind and body but holding on just long enough to make the right choice atop the Netherbrain? It would give the suicide ending extra power, as when the player gets there, it's not just the Illithid temptations that torture the Urge, but Bhaal himself still. And it seems like the most bittersweet and correct ending, but then you can move the Withers ressurection scene here, cleaving your soul back to your original body (with a certain vagueness given if it's your partial-Illithid or normal body). It's just strange because it makes Bhaal that much less threathening and gives him very little presence overall. Out of the Dead Three, Myrkul seems to be the only properly menacing one. His Chosen was a force of nature, a strategic genius and even summonned the Apostle of Myrkul. Gortash is a joke in all honesty (with his only redeeming quality being if you go along with his proposed alliance) to the point where I can't even remember the name of his God from the top of my head because of how irrelevant they are. Orin even more so, especially since I am not even sure if it's a bug that she dies in the Slayer form, unlike literally every other shapeshift in the game. (Oh, and a quick sidenote: I forgot to put this in the post, but Jaheira, after collecting all 3 Netherstones, says: "It's time for us to destroy a Netherbrain. You don't know that Grandma. It's an Elder Brain at that point. Jeesh.)

Last edited by ghettojesusxx; 12/09/23 10:09 AM.