Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
U
stranger
stranger
U
Did you try to empty your inventory at the firecamp and make a new check? In other games i had similar problems with full inventory and a lot of saves ...

S
stranger
stranger
S
So an update on me and my Gfs progress and how the game "fixed" It self. We finished act 2, And by the end of act 2 we noticed that it was improving. By the time we started Act 3 the issue was completely gone. What I did differently was go to settings and limit my quick save and Auto saves to 2 each. We havent encountered this bug eversince.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by syeates
So an update on me and my Gfs progress and how the game "fixed" It self. We finished act 2, And by the end of act 2 we noticed that it was improving. By the time we started Act 3 the issue was completely gone. What I did differently was go to settings and limit my quick save and Auto saves to 2 each. We havent encountered this bug eversince.

Interesting... We'll try this and see if it improves, I'm still in ACT1. I actually barely uses autosaves so it is not going to be a hassle to me. If it does get better I'll give an update

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by syeates
Worth a try i guess. I think some people had tried deleting all the saves except from main one and it didn't do anything so it would be weird if it fixed it but you never know !

S
stranger
stranger
S
Keep in mind we had to suffer through the end of ACT 1 and most of Act 2 with this issue. So I'm not sure if what I did was the solution or it just fixed itself by the time we reached Act 3.

apprentice
apprentice
For what it’s worth, our game freezing also improved drastically around the end of act 2 or beginning of act 3. No idea why, but for example switching characters started taking less than half a second instead of multiple seconds. Also haven’t had the cursor issue as much. We both noticed and commented how much better it’s running but we have no good explanation for it.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Uriens
Did you try to empty your inventory at the firecamp and make a new check? In other games i had similar problems with full inventory and a lot of saves ...

Can you explain what you mean by “at the campfire”? Does that make any difference, like do you mean destroy the items?

My wife wants to hoard all the books, could we send them “to camp” instead?

F
stranger
stranger
F

Originally Posted by Charlietbh

Can you explain what you mean by “at the campfire”? Does that make any difference, like do you mean destroy the items?

My wife wants to hoard all the books, could we send them “to camp” instead?

Yes, there was this idea floating around that you could improve the problem by sending the books to the camp and store them there instead of your own inventory. I tried this, and it didn't work at all.

Confirmation on the issue fixing itself by the end of act2 would be a ray of hope, I will switch back to ps5 when I finish act2 so I can check this out.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
It's been floating around that too many quicksave files may be a cause - just wanted to dispel this. Just got home from work. Loaded up our run, deleted all but a new perma save, closed the game, rebooted and loaded that save, the issue as as bad as ever. Counted almost 10s per character switch in camp.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Same, spent most of our evening gaming time doing the same: purging inventory and saves. Made no difference.

Is there really no actual response from Larian? Sounds like they are hiding it until all the failed console releases are out. Super dissatisfied in this company. Certainly won’t trust them again.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Same, all the good will from the divinity games has been used up after this fiasco. Definitely not trusting them to deliver functional couch co op in the future no matter how many glowing reviews they get (which suspiciously dont mention the unplayable state of ps5 co op).

They knew splitscreen was unplayable and still marketed it and released it in this state. And still are not making a peep or acknowledging the issue more than a week since release. They are laying low hoping it blows over. Very grifter-like tbh.

Last edited by GeniusOfTheSky; 13/09/23 08:03 PM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
I'm seconding the experience with the game running *exceptionally* well in Act 3 - any semblance of microstutter is entirely gone, and I am VERY happy with how it plays right now. I'm reporting it to Larian first thing.

T
stranger
stranger
T
This freezing should be addressed by Larian ASAP game is literally unplayable at this state and for the product at this price this shouldn’t be a case

C
stranger
stranger
C
I believe act 3 wipes the internal game memory clean of all the corpses and items littering the world. Pretty clear that this issue is related to the memory growth of keeping track of all the stuff since it gets worse over time.

It doesn't happen in single player, so I suspect there's a piece of crap code running a "cleanup" check or something on character switch in multiplayer split screen. Given it doesn't happen in single player this should be pretty straightforward to debug.

Happy to offer my own services here free of charge if anyone at Larian would like to pay attention to this. I do this kind of debug for a living. PLEASE let me help to make this wonderful game playable again with my wife!

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Cidwin
I believe act 3 wipes the internal game memory clean of all the corpses and items littering the world. Pretty clear that this issue is related to the memory growth of keeping track of all the stuff since it gets worse over time.

It doesn't happen in single player, so I suspect there's a piece of crap code running a "cleanup" check or something on character switch in multiplayer split screen. Given it doesn't happen in single player this should be pretty straightforward to debug.

Happy to offer my own services here free of charge if anyone at Larian would like to pay attention to this. I do this kind of debug for a living. PLEASE let me help to make this wonderful game playable again with my wife!

Bless you, your comment nearly brought tears to my eyes...

I have no idea how people manage to even get to the Act 3 in split screen with all the freezing, we're stuck at the end of Act 1 (in Adamantine Forge, to be precise) and it's impossible to do anything without getting a migraine. Whatever action we do, aside from just walking around, it freezes.
Since you've mentioned the cleanup check, I think you're on to something there, because we've explored Act 1 thoroughly so far, I don't think there's a nook and cranny we didn't delve into on our way - hence the 50+ hours of gameplay to this point. So all that info is basically stored in our save or something, and it's like information overload? I'm not knowledgeable about these things so I'm just wild guessing.

Survivor of Cania
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Without wanting to rain on peoples one ray of hope, if the issue is cleanup of persistent corpses etc...doesn't that suggest that the issue should re-emerge as people get further into act3?

apprentice
apprentice
So I tried to bring more visibility to our split screen issue by opening a topic on Reddit, but apparently the majority has taken it the wrong way. (The majority probably being single players who don't have the slightest inkling about our troubles.)
Here's the Reddit topic in question: https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat..._one_talking_about_unplayable_ps5_couch/
Some users claim that Larian is working on it - I have no idea whether they're just regular players or staff members (probably the former), so again, no real answer. Moreover, my comment that furthers the inquiry has been downvote-bombed for some inexplicable reason.

I feel like the BG3 gaming community is basically forcing us to shut up and just bear with it. I hope someone makes a thorough video about this issue or give it more visibility in any way possible, because our minority status is apparently drowning us.

Survivor of Cania
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by Katarsi
So I tried to bring more visibility to our split screen issue by opening a topic on Reddit, but apparently the majority has taken it the wrong way. (The majority probably being single players who don't have the slightest inkling about our troubles.)
Here's the Reddit topic in question: https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat..._one_talking_about_unplayable_ps5_couch/
Some users claim that Larian is working on it - I have no idea whether they're just regular players or staff members (probably the former), so again, no real answer. Moreover, my comment that furthers the inquiry has been downvote-bombed for some inexplicable reason.

I feel like the BG3 gaming community is basically forcing us to shut up and just bear with it. I hope someone makes a thorough video about this issue or give it more visibility in any way possible, because our minority status is apparently drowning us.

I did get a reply to my initial big report from Larian (very quickly in fact - within 5mins of submission). Idk if the words felt carefully chosen or not, but they did not say they were working on it. Only the they were aware of the issue and encouraged me to monitor their social media channels.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Didsy
I did get a reply to my initial big report from Larian (very quickly in fact - within 5mins of submission). Idk if the words felt carefully chosen or not, but they did not say they were working on it. Only the they were aware of the issue and encouraged me to monitor their social media channels.

Thank you Didsy, that's something. I didn't post a bug report but a feedback report instead, because I'm not sure that freezing counts as a bug, maybe I was overthinking it. So my reply was even more vague than yours. I hope they'll do something about it soon.

Survivor of Cania
F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Katarsi

wow, that sucks. However, it's very reddit-y. Groupthink is pretty much the norm there, the "upvote-downvote" system encourages that and it's difficult to get concepts or ideas out there when the mods or a small, very active group is contrary to said concept. I believe posting videos of our bad experience with co-op on social media is the way to go. General video game stuff and larian's BG sites as well. I will be doing that over the weekend when I have some time to record videos on my ps5, starting with twitter.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard