Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 42 of 157 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 156 157
K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Their original vision was to ignore the obvious answers and keep their "it's the hope that kills" way of storytelling. I do have a feeling that the cigare scene is all they're willing to budge. It's sad, but it's their story and they can do whatever they want.

B
Banned
Banned
B
Well if they gonna just ignore us, then I hope nobody will be surprised when people start becoming toxic. Because what happened on patch 2 is just drama waiting to happen

R
Rae Offline
R
I think the new dialogs doesn't proof anything. I think these are consequences of "quick hotfix", quicky adding something to help us undestand her conditions. But as Tav (especially in romance) wants to save her, her overheating and desperation should double his effort. And here is the thing - he cannot, is not allowed. There are several ways how to fix it. They forbid us to save her adding dialogs to all cure possibilities (Gondians will tell you "Sorry we cannot help her because something....").Then the returing to avernus with Tav will be maybe really the only "Good" ending. Or They will allow to help her and rework the story and this will be the really Good ending. Or they will have completely new ideas how to tell her story and we will be suprised. And last one - they will do nothing....

Last edited by Rae; 13/09/23 06:08 PM.
N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
yeah im not seeing it as them *doubling down* I still believe it was a bandaid solution/attempt to at the very least give ppl who invested in her some sort of ending that didnt feel so...god damn awful. and based on the leaks there was alot of ideas thrown around for her so i dont think his was their intent on her story from the get go, I think its what they settled on with the time they had. So im of the mind Larian wont leave us in the dust and give us a way to truly *fix* her and have her stay. I mean look at this thread? its generating a new page every 2 or 3 days? if not sooner with the vast majority of us voicing the need to give her a better ending better content and that patch 2 (while again i must say larian I apricate the effort that was made to even do that ending scene) was still not what we want. nor is it what should be settled on as the only other option for karlach.

plus in my honest opinion the way the community has supported the game and how it blew larians expectations out of the water in terms of player count and sales, larian seems like a company who would take some of that influx of revenue and really polish up/fix/add content to their game as a thank you to their player base.

B
Banned
Banned
B
Actually it is. Just let us go where Steel Watcher tells us and boom, job done we are happy and we are no longer being annoying

P
stranger
stranger
P
So I think there is something cooking up - Patch 2 was relesed os September 3, and the interview was relesed september 8th, and Swen said about Karlach:
"We said okay, let’s give an updated ending.
An optional ending, because they are all the other ones for Karlac
h."

And that was in My opinion about Patch 2 content they added.

But then he said:

"So we are adding in extra epilogue stuff. It’s actually underway." - that is said after releasing Patch 2 epilog stuff, so I think They might actualy doing something

By looking how this thread grows, and Larian being known to listen to community - I have good feeling

F
Banned
Banned
F
Then what else it is? We didn't have depressed Karlach waiting to die before patch 2, they specifically added it to justify their horrible "ending she deserves". No matter what Nessius or anyone else claims, there is no reason to believe otherwise because that's the only thing Larian said so far. If we actually get something, be it quick statement or anything basically, sure, maybe we can calm down. But for now there is no reason to

B
Banned
Banned
B
Well you better be right because as for now it looks like they are doing everything to justify this trash ending. Sorry it's just trash I simply will not forget the "we did everything we could for Karlach"

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
"Thank you from the fiery infernal engine we keep in place of our heart. We couldn't have asked for a better response to Baldur's Gate 3.
Patch 3 is coming September 21 with full support for BG3 on Mac."

From Larian's official Twitter account. I feel like they're just fucking with us at this point lmao.

Last edited by Nessius; 13/09/23 09:55 PM.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Nessius
"Thank you from the fiery infernal engine we keep in place of our heart. We couldn't have asked for a better response to Baldur's Gate 3.
Patch 3 is coming September 21 with full support for BG3 on Mac."

From Larian's official Twitter account. I feel like they're just fucking with us at this point lmao.

What did we do to earn this ;_;

First Berserk, now this. Am I just attracted to mental abuse?

Last edited by Sunriders Destin; 13/09/23 10:30 PM.
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Well, folks. I hope this is not just another poor choice of words smile

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Actually now that I’ve let it sit for a bit, this could just be a random metaphor and it doesn’t really aim to hint at something specific. I guess we shall see on the 21st. What do you guys think?

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
I was joking, I don't really expect them to have a fully finished Karlach questline and ending not even two months after launch, especially since they already said they're currently working on epilogues. I just thought it was funny.

EDIT: Just to expand on this, given the fact that Larian rarely tells us what they're working on, I don't think we'll know when Karlach's new questline and ending will be patched in until they're finished with what they're currently working on, which right now appears to be general epilogues for every character.

Last edited by Nessius; 14/09/23 12:18 AM.
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Well, since they have infernal engines for hearts, they have to go to Avernus too with us. Sorry Larian, the rules are the rules, don’t blame the player, blame the game lmao

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
I get cha, but like i said i think its a bandaid solution to just give karlach fans something in the mean time (i still find it hard to complete another playthrough currently though) and to be clear I am in no way saying we should *calm down* raise hell and be loud! i just think we should do it in a respectful manner as larian has shown they value community feedback and actually do some big changes to their games post launch because of player feedback its perfectly reasonable criticize a game like bg3 for its shortfalls but we should be mindful to also share that 95% of the game is damn near flawless. imo anyway, most fun ive had in a game rpg or otherwise in years which is why the endings and karlachs lack of content/ endings really bites for me cause its stopping me from wanting to replay the amazing story they have worked hard to create. So i will keep posting for changes to the endings and giving karlach more fullfilling content just in a positive light:)

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
poor choice of words indeed, legit felt a stab in the chest at the twitter post lol

F
Banned
Banned
F
Exactly why I say they doubled down on their dumb writting until proved otherwise. Also, will you provide me the source of that supposed Pax interview? Because I listened to it and there was not a single word about new ending. What Larian called "new optional ending" was always the Avernus bullshit we got expanded that was already here from the begining, which is why many people are so pissed

B
Banned
Banned
B
And now tell me how am I supposed to belive they actually care?

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Made an account to contribute another voice because of the sheer amount of dissatisfaction. Poor Karlach!

I collected all the metal, I kept all the coins, I was so... ready.

100 hour save file and I thought it fitting to have Karlach duke it out with <redacted>. My save is literally with 3/4 dead party members, just Karlach alive and finishing the fight. It was beautiful. Then that quest seemingly resolves in my quest journal. "What?" I think to myself. So I googled it, and I can't bring myself to log back in.

Devo.

R
Rae Offline
R
Originally Posted by Zayla
Made an account to contribute another voice because of the sheer amount of dissatisfaction. Poor Karlach!

I collected all the metal, I kept all the coins, I was so... ready.
Now I'm just sad!

Don't worry, you are not alone as everybody here had all possible cures prepared and then cannot use them...

Page 42 of 157 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 156 157

Link Copied to Clipboard