Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 45 of 157 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 156 157
F
Banned
Banned
F
We've been saying this for weeks. Which is why everyone are so pissed after Patch 2 because despite obvious solutions and everything that already happened in the game, larian went out of their way to somehow try tell us that not only Avernus is the only hope, but that's what Karlach deserves

G4RIIK Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Feris
We've been saying this for weeks. Which is why everyone are so pissed after Patch 2 because despite obvious solutions and everything that already happened in the game, larian went out of their way to somehow try tell us that not only Avernus is the only hope, but that's what Karlach deserves

The biggest kick in the pants was certainly

"You asked for this" dialogue. Fucked up.

Last edited by G4RIIK; 15/09/23 05:31 AM.
B
Banned
Banned
B
All I did was point out they had the easiest job to do, they didn't and now they are trolling fans. What there to argue about?

B
Banned
Banned
B
Which... They already did?

F
Banned
Banned
F
And people wonder why we say they are trolling us and doubled down on their stupid ending

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I don't want to believe that Larian is really trolled Karlach's fans who just want her to be happy. They do not demand anything impossible or incredibly complicated like “GIVE US THE UPPER CITY BACK, IMMEDIATELY!” Trolling them would be a pretty idiotic decision on Larian's part.

B
Banned
Banned
B
As for now I call things by their name, and pretty sure im right

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
I would say we wonder, because for Larian to suddenly start trolling a -not so small section of their fan base- who genuinely want a happier ending for their companions and *doubling down* on the ending that so many of us ahve an issue with...would be such a massive 180 for them based on their entire history of game development that is would give them whiplash.
like I get the frustration, but I would implore you to look into the work they put into divinity 2 after launch, so many similarities to bg3 its rather crazy. and they took player feedback seriously added content completely changed a characters ending because of the outcry for it.
like...it literally makes Zero sense to think they are trolling us or doubling down THIS early into the release of the game. do i think their PR team is using some poor wording? oh hell yeah but id told off on just shitting on larian (while demanding that they do what you want?) until atleast 6 months after release.

F
Banned
Banned
F
They have track record that should make us hopeful and trolling the fanbase wouldn't make sense, that's true. But track record doesn't mean anything, look at BioWare and the fact that they went out of their way to make the situation worse than it was is also true. All this hope baiting only to get poor explanation why Avernus is the only possible "good" ending. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but for now it doesn't look like I will be

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
so I gotta say again with the bioware comparison its just not a good one my friend.
biowares problems and downfall can all be traced back to selling out to EA and last I checked Larian is still privately owned by swen and his wife. so they have the freedom to do what they want as opposed to what share holders demand.
which is why I have faith in them in the long term. just give them constructive feedback and chances are if its a big enough issue in the community they will address it. and given how much Karlachs story is hitting headlines as more and more ppl finish the game - they will put more effort into her ending and hopefully fleshed out content. which is why im happy to wait 6 to 10 months for an overhaul or added quest content for her. rather then demand a quick fetch quest that *fixes* her engine. id be content with the latter at the very least but I will continue to advocate for the former because it would just feel more fulfilling when compared to other origin character questlines.
and before you mention the ending she deserves cinematic again- i still am of the mind that is a band aid solution and they know it. the reception it recieved was not good but I think it was to try and give us something* other then her current endings especially with the other launches they were/ are planning. I personally would hope that after releasing that *band aid* solution Larian would hold off and rushing out another *bandaid* solution in the form of just a quick fetch quest that completes her engine. and instead takes their time and really give her something on the lvl of lazel or shadowheart. and I think most ppl here would prefer that smile

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Norrec69
so I gotta say again with the bioware comparison its just not a good one my friend.
biowares problems and downfall can all be traced back to selling out to EA and last I checked Larian is still privately owned by swen and his wife. so they have the freedom to do what they want as opposed to what share holders demand.
which is why I have faith in them in the long term. just give them constructive feedback and chances are if its a big enough issue in the community they will address it. and given how much Karlachs story is hitting headlines as more and more ppl finish the game - they will put more effort into her ending and hopefully fleshed out content. which is why im happy to wait 6 to 10 months for an overhaul or added quest content for her. rather then demand a quick fetch quest that *fixes* her engine. id be content with the latter at the very least but I will continue to advocate for the former because it would just feel more fulfilling when compared to other origin character questlines.
and before you mention the ending she deserves cinematic again- i still am of the mind that is a band aid solution and they know it. the reception it recieved was not good but I think it was to try and give us something* other then her current endings especially with the other launches they were/ are planning. I personally would hope that after releasing that *band aid* solution Larian would hold off and rushing out another *bandaid* solution in the form of just a quick fetch quest that completes her engine. and instead takes their time and really give her something on the lvl of lazel or shadowheart. and I think most ppl here would prefer that smile

This is all very good and we would also like Karlach’s quest line to be on the level of Laezel and Shadowheart, but alas, we have no hints that Larian will actually do something about this, and adding new dialogues to her that are full of doom and hopelessness indicates that Larian continues (and will continue in the worst case) to insist that the Avernus ending is the best and most logical for her. I'd rather accept this bad thought now than face the fact that there are no changes to Karlach's plot and virtually no good ending for her in 6-10 months.

Last edited by Sad_Pepe1992; 15/09/23 02:43 PM.
K
journeyman
journeyman
K
"Fiery, poignant and the ending she deserves" + added lines to earlier acts + lead writers fixation to "It's the hope that kills you" + his background in horror do kind of seem like they're really sticking to their guns with this tragedy storytelling and to their artistic integrity.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Kneecap
"Fiery, poignant and the ending she deserves" + added lines to earlier acts + lead writers fixation to "It's the hope that kills you" + his background in horror do kind of seem like they're really sticking to their guns with this tragedy storytelling and to their artistic integrity.

And I still can't understand... WHY DO I NEED A F*CKING TRAGEDY IN A FANTASY GAME?! THIS IS NOT THE "LAST OF US" AFTER ALL! WHY SHOULD KARLACH END BADLY?! LET GALE GET A TRAGIC END I DON'T MIND! WHY DID THEY MAKE LITERALLY THE MOST FUNNY AND NICE CHARACTER IN THE GAME DOOMED?! WHERE ARE THE "17,000 ENDINGS" AT THE END?! WHY DOES THE PLAYER'S ACTIONS DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING FOR KARLACH?!

JUSTICE FOR KARLACH!

Last edited by Sad_Pepe1992; 15/09/23 03:39 PM.
R
Rae Offline
R
There are new threads every day on all forums that the Act3 is a complete mess and is incomplete. I found one new here few minutes ago (https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=898253&gonew=1#UNREAD). So If Larian wants their reputation back, I'm 100% sure, they will release DE version of the game and hopefully with Karlach additional endings. Her story is not completed and avernus ending doesn't make sence even after patch 2 (new dialogs are nice, but have nothing to do with the fact, that we cannot in actual game fix her engine).

F
Banned
Banned
F
Bioware had great reputation and they threw it all away which eventually led to their downfall, same thing may (or rather is happening i'm afraid) here. BG3 is commercial success, money is flowing so why bother? The trolling part makes little sense, but I've seen companies doing things that are far more stupid *cough cough blizzard cough cough* so that wouldn't surprise me. They are likely going for bethesda Fallout 3 route where you have to make "heroic sacrifice" despite obvious solution being right there and then it turns out you actually survive in DLC. Same thing happening here, obvious fixes across act 3 but you have to go to Avernus (likely dlc) to finally get fixed

R
Rae Offline
R
Yes but we still do have hope because they released DE for DOS2 with tons of implemented feedback and updated companion quests. Of course they can abandon the game after few bug fix patches, but I don't think this will be the case. Fingers crossed.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Apart from the karlach issue, who else thinks that the whole final mission
and the choice
that forces one person to become an illithid needs to change. maybe, MAYBE it makes sense if you're going into the domination choice, but I went from zero tadpoles to illithid. wtf. Also, The emperor joining the absolute makes no sense

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
As someone who never played divinity original sin 2, can someone summarize what larian changed/improved for certain companions in the definive edition? I see people mention that the origin character beast (and fane i believe?) got ''fixed'', but i havent really been able to find anything online that explains what was wrong with this character to begin with, and how larian fixed it in the definitive edition. Most i see people repeat is that ''they improved the character/added some new dialogue'', but thats rather vague.

Just wondering in regards to what we could realistically expect larian to do with karlach in future patch updates or a definite edition release of bg3. I mean ill be happy if they at least update the questline to allow us to fix the engine situation, although id love for them to actually give her a more substantial story than just a fetch quest but depending on how they fixed beast in dos2 itd be good to know where to set my expectations lol.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Asdrubalex
Apart from the karlach issue, who else thinks that the whole final mission
and the choice
that forces one person to become an illithid needs to change. maybe, MAYBE it makes sense if you're going into the domination choice, but I went from zero tadpoles to illithid. wtf. Also, The emperor joining the absolute makes no sense

Many, many people lol.
Especially regarding the Emperor joining the Netherbrain. Whilst I haven't read about it on a dedicated thread here in the Larian forums (though I'm sure it exists), there are many people discussing of it on the Steam forums.

Last edited by Invuska; 15/09/23 04:21 PM.

Justice for Karlach
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by lemontree
As someone who never played divinity original sin 2, can someone summarize what larian changed/improved for certain companions in the definive edition? I see people mention that the origin character beast (and fane i believe?) got ''fixed'', but i havent really been able to find anything online that explains what was wrong with this character to begin with, and how larian fixed it in the definitive edition. Most i see people repeat is that ''they improved the character/added some new dialogue'', but thats rather vague.

Just wondering in regards to what we could realistically expect larian to do with karlach in future patch updates or a definite edition release of bg3. I mean ill be happy if they at least update the questline to allow us to fix the engine situation, although id love for them to actually give her a more substantial story than just a fetch quest but depending on how they fixed beast in dos2 itd be good to know where to set my expectations lol.

As far as I remember, at the release of Original Sin 2, Fane simply did not have a good ending, only bad and very bad (almost like Karlach), the Beast simply had a very short quest line, and very weak development of his personal story.
Also, the main location of Act 3 - the city of Ark, was essentially an empty blank in which there were literally three quests. But I could be wrong, since I played the release version of Original Sin 2 in 2015.

Page 45 of 157 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 156 157

Link Copied to Clipboard