Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 44 of 157 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 156 157
apprentice
apprentice
exactly. People are impatient. Give them time. I'll eat my socks if they don't change her story.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Vincke Game God
exactly. People are impatient. Give them time. I'll eat my socks if they don't change her story.

And MY AXE. Wait-

F
Banned
Banned
F
You still didn't even provide me with the source of the supposed Pax interview where the new ending was confirmed so maybe do that first

B
Banned
Banned
B
Im impatient because it's not like her story is some ridiculous randomly patched quests, its literally missing one extremely quick quest, and the fact they didn't do it in the first place and can't keep themselves from referencing it in every single patch or update is starting to get on my nerves

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
With all due respect but you're being childish right now, mate. I don't even know what else to say

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by BitterSchizo
Im impatient because it's not like her story is some ridiculous randomly patched quests, its literally missing one extremely quick quest, and the fact they didn't do it in the first place and can't keep themselves from referencing it in every single patch or update is starting to get on my nerves

Dog... it's not that simple

If you give her a fix. You have to decide where to put it. Call back actors. Change the epilogue. Change reactive dialog. And then you have to QA and test it.

It's not simple.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Originally Posted by Sunriders Destin
Originally Posted by BitterSchizo

Dog... it's not that simple

If you give her a fix. You have to decide where to put it. Call back actors. Change the epilogue. Change reactive dialog. And then you have to QA and test it.

It's not simple.

That's exactly what many people have already said multiple times in the thread. He wants a "quick fix that is very easy to implement"

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Gather yourself, patience...

Keep in mind Larian are the ones who brought this fantasy to life, the character you are so invested in, Karlach.

Would you prefer they rush the feedback just to appease forced headcanon? Or would you rather it be something that blends seamlessly into their original interpretation, but fused with community feedback? Don't you want it to retain Larian's vision to make it more... satisfying?

Your feedback and passion are at the core, flattering to Larian I'm sure. Getting frustrated and impatient is understandable but try to tame it a bit, they have delivered an epic fantasy that certainly couldn't hurt from polish and creative tuning.

The presence of obvious solutions in game (infernal iron, enriched, etc. etc.) to Karlach's problem could very well be the product of a narrative decision to have her be the token bittersweet ending, or simply left to be added in later on through definitive etc.

Maybe they didn't expect people's response to be so passionate but now they know.

Last edited by indomitnotable; 15/09/23 05:07 AM.
F
Banned
Banned
F
Except they already did all of that. They called back actors, made a cutscene, added new option and new dialogues in act 2 and 3. And it was all to try justify avernus ending being somehow unavoidable and the only option to survive as the "ending she deserves"

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
New dialogues were added to justify the Avernus ending, however, that doesn't mean there will be no good ending. It's not mutually exclusive and makes sense to add extra lines that fit the existing ending, however, that doesn't automatically cross out a possibility to add the ending we want so very much in the future

apprentice
apprentice
Yeah, I'm staying optimistic. Even if it seems like adding a small quest is an easy task, as someone who's currently coding and scripting his way through the game data (and I'm quite comfortable with programming), seeing even just the wealth of data really puts it into perspective how massive and complicated this entire ordeal is. Even if it's not packed in this format in dev.

We shouldn't get impatient - we can express discontent with the ending, the inability to fix the engine, or even the inability to explore the plausible options that may keep her alive on the Material Plane without becoming a mind flayer. But we also shouldn't want it right now or under such a short amount of time; coordinating and executing a multi-faceted development effort is not easy and they also have other things to do besides Karlach's ending. And currently, the chances of getting the infernal engine fix ending don't seem that slim.

I can understand why people are upset. To be fair, I was quite shocked and saddened too since I thought they would've made the engine fix ending, which is what we all think is the "ending that she deserves." But it does seem like there's at least some hope and we should give them more time to react to our discontent-ness rather than to become impatient/hopeless right now. Who knows, maybe we'll get a better, more fleshed-out quest/ending than the quick fixes that people are bargaining for.

Last edited by Invuska; 14/09/23 08:59 PM.

Justice for Karlach
R
Rae Offline
R
Originally Posted by Feris
Except they already did all of that. They called back actors, made a cutscene, added new option and new dialogues in act 2 and 3. And it was all to try justify avernus ending being somehow unavoidable and the only option to survive as the "ending she deserves"

I think you are not right in this. Few added lines and new cutscene doesn't proof anything. It just make the Avernus ending more polished and complex. I just saw the new dialog in act1 few hours ago during my second playthourg and there is nothing about she has to die. She only tells you her engine is hot and we better find quickly Dammon and my answer was. Ok, we will find him. Nothing more, nothing less. It is just added conversation to make her story more juicy.

Until they disproof all possible cures in act 3 we have now available and tell us that she cannot be cured, then we still have hope for new ending and story in the future (DE).

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
I see it like this, as Larian probably intended it that is...

She deserves a chance to uproot the injustice she's been subjected to and stand up for those still under the boot of Zariel. Gortash is off her to-do list, I feel like Zariel is on it.

Take the fight to Zariel.

Regarding a one and done edit/addition to content, why? Is it so definitive that this be their only attempt at altering/adding Karlach content?

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
In my opinion taking the fight to Zariel sounds quite logical (and should be optional) but fighting Zariel with the engine fixed or replaced with a legit heart is what I'd ultimately love to experience smile

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Originally Posted by Invuska
Yeah, I'm staying optimistic. Even if it seems like adding a small quest is an easy task, as someone who's currently coding and scripting his way through the game data (and I'm quite comfortable with programming), seeing even just the wealth of data really puts it into perspective how massive and complicated this entire ordeal is. Even if it's not packed in this format in dev.

We shouldn't get impatient - we can express discontent with the ending, the inability to fix the engine, or even the inability to explore the plausible options that may keep her alive on the Material Plane without becoming a mind flayer. But we also shouldn't want it right now or under such a short amount of time; coordinating and executing a multi-faceted development effort is not easy and they also have other things to do besides Karlach's ending. And currently, the chances of getting the infernal engine fix ending don't seem that slim.

I can understand why people are upset. To be fair, I was quite shocked and saddened too since I thought they would've made the engine fix ending, which is what we all think is the "ending that she deserves." But it does seem like there's at least some hope and we should give them more time to react to our discontent-ness rather than to become impatient/hopeless right now. Who knows, maybe we'll get a better, more fleshed-out quest/ending than the quick fixes that people are bargaining for.

Well said.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Yeah, I am much more inclined to wait and have them flesh out karlachs story with more content in general rather then a quick fetch quest that *fixes* her engine at this point.
The avernus cinimatic was a quick fix* and seeing as it didnt get recieved very well i would rather they dont just rush another quick fix*
Im more then happy to wait for a potential avernus section size content for her. Or something. I feel she deserves a section similer to size like the githyanki creche or shar temple. But thats me hoping for the most content smile

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
By the way can someone explain why Wyll still volunteers to go with Karlach to Avernus even after he breaks his pact and is about to lose all his powers?

GOD someone make these dipshit endings make sense.

Last edited by Sunriders Destin; 14/09/23 09:45 PM.
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
I dunno man, imo Wyll is just an annoying doofus in general. "I'm a BLADE OF FRONTIERS!". He mostly sounds like this kind of guy who makes up nicknames for himself secretly. Also it's weird how Wyll and some other origins keep talking about him being a local legend but literally nobody acknowledges him when you get to the city. I don't mean to hate on Wyll but he's literally my least favourite origin character.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
SPEAKING OF WYLL.

Here's how I know Larian (with all due respect) is bullshitting me about Karlach being "unfixable".

Mizora has a demonic buff so that if she is attacked, she gets pulled back into the hells out of harms way.

AND YET, Larian allowed her to be captured and be put in the mindflayer pod SPECFICALLY so Wyll could get out of his pact.

But I'm expected to believe Karlach can't even get a McGuffin?

Of all the companions, Karlach has arguably the most fixable problem.

Gale got told to kill himself by a god. He gets a Deus Ex.

Lze'Zel gets to start an uprising against someone who has unlimited Wish spells or just gets to stay in Faerun.

Shadow heart has the goddess of darkness after her. She gets TWO happy endings potentially.

Wyll has his soul owned by a devil. He gets that shit solved in Act 2.

Astarian is a slave to an ancient vampire. No problem.

But I'm expected to believe Karlach can't be cured because her engine is like... Old or something?

Nah, dog. I can only suspend my disbelief for so long.

Just give Karlach the ACTUAL ending she deserve, Larian.

Last edited by Sunriders Destin; 14/09/23 11:21 PM.
F
Banned
Banned
F
So, adding new use for an existing item and few dialogues is task so hard and impossible it couldn't be done, but adding new dialogues across the acts, cutscene and reprogramming how they trigger specifically to justify bullshit ending as something "she deserves" could be done in two weeks?

Page 44 of 157 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 156 157

Link Copied to Clipboard