Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 47 of 156 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 155 156
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Nessius
Patch 3 comes out on the 21st, it probably won't have a good Karlach ending since that would be kinda soon and they already said they're working on adding epilogues to all of the characters. Beyond that they haven't said what they're going to do, but since the most requested story change after epilogues is giving Karlach a good ending (I checked), I have high hopes that will be next.

Also I have a post on the discord feedback thread asking for another Community Update to address Karlach having a good ending (among other things) and it's pretty highly rated, so hopefully they will take note and maybe give us a peek behind the curtain.

According to their tweet they already gave Karlach "The ending she deserves". And it was not worded in any way that implied that they would be working on her ending as well as the others. I feel like they just used this new garbage ending for her as a bandaid until they either announce that this is her cannon ending or until they man up and fix it for a better one. Since they didnt announce anything else about her since them I highly doubt that they will be giving us any news now. Larian is pretty tight lipped when talking about their updates and as good as it may be sometimes, this time it is only working on building more anxiety on their players. And it is as other people have mentioned before, dont put your trust in any company, remember how we were all hipped with Cyberpunk 2077 since the game was being developed by a company with a good track record of excellent games?? We all saw what came out of it, the game is only becoming trully complete and fully playable now, 3 years later. Larian dont need to make us happy with their game anymore, they already have good reviews and millions of copies sold, and they are still selling the game, just today they sold 321K copies on Steam alone(acording to SteamDB).

Dont put your hopes in a company that can abandon you like all of the other ones did before.

F
Banned
Banned
F
Exactly 10 out of 10 moments big money is involved, everything goes downhill. I'm not saying they'll just stop updating BG3, they are just likely hellbent on Karlach's garbage ending because they can go for DLC that way, just like Bethesda did with Broken Steel for Fallout 3. Like, back then we still had obvious solution to the quest that didn't require anyone to "sacrifice" and couldn't use that. Same thing here, who cares that there are like 20 obvious ways to save Karlach, Avernus DLC is what sells so you'll go there. Track record doesn't mean a anything these days

Last edited by Feris; 16/09/23 05:34 AM.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Pink_Invader
Originally Posted by Nessius
Patch 3 comes out on the 21st, it probably won't have a good Karlach ending since that would be kinda soon and they already said they're working on adding epilogues to all of the characters. Beyond that they haven't said what they're going to do, but since the most requested story change after epilogues is giving Karlach a good ending (I checked), I have high hopes that will be next.

Also I have a post on the discord feedback thread asking for another Community Update to address Karlach having a good ending (among other things) and it's pretty highly rated, so hopefully they will take note and maybe give us a peek behind the curtain.

According to their tweet they already gave Karlach "The ending she deserves". And it was not worded in any way that implied that they would be working on her ending as well as the others. I feel like they just used this new garbage ending for her as a bandaid until they either announce that this is her cannon ending or until they man up and fix it for a better one. Since they didnt announce anything else about her since them I highly doubt that they will be giving us any news now. Larian is pretty tight lipped when talking about their updates and as good as it may be sometimes, this time it is only working on building more anxiety on their players. And it is as other people have mentioned before, dont put your trust in any company, remember how we were all hipped with Cyberpunk 2077 since the game was being developed by a company with a good track record of excellent games?? We all saw what came out of it, the game is only becoming trully complete and fully playable now, 3 years later. Larian dont need to make us happy with their game anymore, they already have good reviews and millions of copies sold, and they are still selling the game, just today they sold 321K copies on Steam alone(acording to SteamDB).

Dont put your hopes in a company that can abandon you like all of the other ones did before.

Based opinion indeed. I wrote above that I would rather get used to the idea that Karlach’s storyline and its endings would remain unchanged and that Larian decided to make her a “tragic character” absolutely deliberately, taking away the player’s opportunity to repair her engine, than to experience empty hopes that are not supported by no information, and then at the release of the Definitive Edition, having discovered that Karlach’s endings remained literally “neutral”, “bad” and “very bad”, I will feel the same emptiness inside as after “the ending that she deserves.”
In general, essentially the whole story with the “Justice for Karlach” movement is a kind of test for Larian to see whether they really listen to the opinion of the community. This is a very important turn in the history of this company; if Justice for Karlach does not achieve anything from them, Larian will most likely follow the path of CD Project.

Last edited by Sad_Pepe1992; 16/09/23 05:37 AM.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Feris
Exactly 10 out of 10 moments big money is involved, everything goes downhill. I'm not saying they'll just stop updating BG3, they are just likely hellbent on Karlach's garbage ending because they can go for DLC that way, just like Bethesda did with Broken Steel for Fallout 3. Like, back then we still had obvious solution to the quest that didn't require anyone to "sacrifice" and couldn't use that. Same thing here, who cares that there are like 20 obvious ways to save Karlach, Avernus DLC is what sells so you'll go there. Track record doesn't mean a anything these days

Perhaps I’m just in a very depressed mood today, but I think that they are unlikely to plan to continue the story of Karlach even in the DLC. I mean the game is already selling great, even with Act 3 looking like it's still in early access.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
OK chill lol.

If Karlach isn't fixed by this time next year, I'll be concerned about the mental state of the writers.

Play some other games in the meantime. Larian has a ton of shit to fix with Act 3

Last edited by Sunriders Destin; 16/09/23 06:10 AM.
Originally Posted by Kneecap
"Fiery, poignant and the ending she deserves" + added lines to earlier acts + lead writers fixation to "It's the hope that kills you" + his background in horror do kind of seem like they're really sticking to their guns with this tragedy storytelling and to their artistic integrity.

You keep peddling this narrative that they have a fixation on this "hope that kills you" trope, but it's not present in any significant storyline whatsoever. Can you name me one major character, who's not named Karlach, whose endings are all "hope that kills you" types? Gale, Lae'zel, Shadowheart, Wyll? Anyone?

Last edited by Walking Kole; 16/09/23 07:09 AM.
F
Banned
Banned
F
That's literally the reason why the whole Justice 4 Karlach movement exists. It doesn't make any sense for her to be the only doomed companion, it doesn't make sense that her relatively easy to fix condition is unfixable despite like milion ways to do so, it doesn't make sense in the setting and it doesn't make sense in general game theme. And yet here we are, with Larian adding extra content and going out of their way to justify why she can't be fixed and going to avernus is the only option

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Originally Posted by Walking Kole
"Fiery, poignant and the ending she deserves" + added lines to earlier acts + lead writers fixation to "It's the hope that kills you" + his background in horror do kind of seem like they're really sticking to their guns with this tragedy storytelling and to their artistic integrity.

You keep peddling this narrative that they have a fixation on this "hope that kills you" trope, but it's not present in any significant storyline whatsoever. Can you name me one major character, who's not named Karlach, whose endings are all "hope that kills you" types? Gale, Lae'zel, Shadowheart, Wyll? Anyone?

"It's the hope that kills you" is a quote from their lead writer.

B
Banned
Banned
B
It's not hope that kills you it's the damned plotholes, they can cope all they want but it's true. Just. Plotholes

And yet none of what's written actually plays out that way. You don't suffer any consequences from the tadpoles, all your major characters pull through mostly all right (except Karlach), and you get to save the day. Where's the "hope that kills you" part?

Last edited by Walking Kole; 16/09/23 03:52 PM.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S

And yet none of what's written actually plays out that way. You don't suffer any consequences from the tadpoles, all your major characters pull through mostly all right (except Karlach), and you get to save the day. Where's the "hope that kills you" part?

As I understand the poster above, he means that Larian deliberately made “the hope that kills” specifically for Karlach.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Pink_Invader
According to their tweet they already gave Karlach "The ending she deserves"... Dont put your hopes in a company that can abandon you like all of the other ones did before.
Originally Posted by Feris
Exactly 10 out of 10 moments big money is involved, everything goes downhill. I'm not saying they'll just stop updating BG3, they are just likely hellbent on Karlach's garbage ending because they can go for DLC that way, just like Bethesda did with Broken Steel for Fallout 3... Track record doesn't mean a anything these days
Originally Posted by Sad_Pepe1992
Based opinion indeed. I wrote above that I would rather get used to the idea that Karlach’s storyline and its endings would remain unchanged and that Larian decided to make her a “tragic character” absolutely deliberately, taking away the player’s opportunity to repair her engine, than to experience empty hopes that are not supported by no information, and then at the release of the Definitive Edition, having discovered that Karlach’s endings remained literally “neutral”, “bad” and “very bad”, I will feel the same emptiness inside as after “the ending that she deserves.”
In general, essentially the whole story with the “Justice for Karlach” movement is a kind of test for Larian to see whether they really listen to the opinion of the community. This is a very important turn in the history of this company; if Justice for Karlach does not achieve anything from them, Larian will most likely follow the path of CD Project.

I think people on this thread at this point are somewhere on the spectrum of:
  • A) staying (maybe blissfully) optimistic and hopeful that Larian will backpedal their original statements considering that continued outcry, and have something to hope for until proven again otherwise
  • B) leaning on the more pessimistic (maybe realistic) side that what has been said has been said and given historical events, whether money, the actions of other companies, etc., may prove for Karlach's engine fix to be unlikely. So it may be better to get used to the current reality rather than to hold onto (what is currently and seems to be) unsubstantiated hope.

People who are following this thread know that I'm in camp A. I'm not saying there is a right or wrong here, since differing opinions and perspectives is how the world goes round. I'm in A because, I dunno, I like to stay positive even if I get hurt. If you want to call me delulu because of it, so be it. We're all in this thread for the same reason in the end, lol. Whether showing Larian outcry or hope we're all expressing that we're discontent with the way Karlach is now.

That said, wasn't there another thread on these forums where this is actually the second time that Samantha Béart was called back (with all the other VAs), with the first time being to do the cigar epilogue? If true, crossing fingers that leads to, you know, *cough* fixed engine *cough*. If someone can substantiate that claim, that would be good for the hope that I'm holding onto biggrin

Justice for Karlach
Originally Posted by Sad_Pepe1992

As I understand the poster above, he means that Larian deliberately made “the hope that kills” specifically for Karlach.

I'd love to hear the context of that quote, but I doubt it's that specific. Karlach was rewritten last-minute.

F
Banned
Banned
F
Supposedly VAs were called back, but there was nothing about Samantha being called twice. Personally I find it hard to believe that Larian would intentionally make only one character doomed and hopeless, double down on the decision after outrage and troll fans for no reason but I've seen companies doing things that were much more stupid. And so far it just looks like what I said is true, unless Larian has the worst social media team possible

R
Rae Offline
R
I think calling VAs back was mainly because of readding epilogs to the game.

Last edited by Rae; 16/09/23 05:52 PM.
B
Banned
Banned
B
I mean they specifically mentioned more epilogues to come, and I doubt they would need VAs for Withers epilogues

C
C
47 pages 47 pages of ppl complaining about Karlach's ending.. HOW ABOUT ASTARION? A MORE INTERESTING,FUNNIER AND definitely MORE COMPLEX COMPANION?! How about the LITTLE VAMPIRE's ending, running away like a bug when the rock gets lifted in the sun... HE should have 47 pages!

R
Rae Offline
R
Originally Posted by crst
47 pages 47 pages of ppl complaining about Karlach's ending.. HOW ABOUT ASTARION? A MORE INTERESTING,FUNNIER AND definitely MORE COMPLEX COMPANION?! How about the LITTLE VAMPIRE's ending, running away like a bug when the rock gets lifted in the sun... HE should have 47 pages!

you are very right, Astarion is definetly a more complex companion with full story. Thats why in these 47 pages ppl complaining about Karlach's incomplete and empty story and missing endings.

Last edited by Rae; 16/09/23 07:57 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Astarion already have:
- Full questline with his own location and boss
- Good ending (not 100% Disney good, but still pretty good).
And this is Karlach theme. Please, don't switch discussion in the wrong way.

Last edited by Raidzu; 16/09/23 08:05 PM.

Justice for Karlach!
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
You almost make it sound like it's our fault there's no 47 pages Astarion thread smile

Page 47 of 156 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 155 156

Link Copied to Clipboard