Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
I agree on a lot of your points, a few comments:

- Regarding Avernus and the Upper City, I want this implemented as well, but I do feel they need to increase the level cap to 14. And I feel like they are just being plain stubborn for no reason when they say won't because of "high level DnD". If that was actually true they would never give us like 10 overpowered mind flayer powers.

It already felt ridiculous running around lvl 12 for almost the entirety of act 3.

- I also thought there would be more stuff involving Mol, would be nice if we could influence her a little bit. She is obviously smarter than average, but maybe not as smart as she thinks (I am hinting at her contract with Raphael).

- I don't understand why the KO was implemented at all. It just creates bugs and faulty quest lines. Fix it or remove it.

You make a few comments about the end game, and well, it all needs to overhauled.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Originally Posted by tg415
The dark urge started well. But then, nothing much really happens after the midpoint of the story.

And then the ending was rushed to say the least. Not a single companion cares if Bhaals murders you, as you approach the end of the story it seems like at a certain point the game just assumes you know you are a Bhaalspawn without any proper build up to a reveal. This is almost, inexcusably bad...

Wow, I had a totally different experience where Jaheira and I talked a LOT about the whole Bhaalspawn thing. Like an hour or more of convo, also Minsc had a lot to say about it as well, since they both dealt with it. Volo brings you some information and if you follow the "Murder in Baldur's Gate" questline you get a ton of info about it as well.

In addition depending on who you romance - they can help you deal with the urges. Like Karlach is amazing, and watches over you to prevent you from killing Isobel after ACT 2 is complete. She actually laughs at you when you express concern that you might hurt her - and then you black out and the Dark urge takes over and you wake up hogtied in camp - with Karlach grinning at you, like "pft, you lasted about 2 seconds against me sissy Bhaalspawn"

Anyway, I imagine you just give in to the urge then you are going down the path of no friends, no info, no support and you just eventually become Bhaals puppet - Minthara seems to encourage this, Dark Shadowheart does as well. Lae'zel stays with you but she is the only one that is like "super bad idea bro" - but you end up losing a lot of info because you murdered it all.

That seems apropos to me - I have no idea how you chose to play.

Well, as I said up until the midpoint of the story I thought it was good in regards to amount of content. I got the scene with Shadowheart where she helps you through the night.

But after that, not much really. 30 sec scenes with Orin in Rivington. Nothing from Minsc. All I can remember of note is the scene where Jaheira watches over you as you sleep. And, that was it, apart from the ending. And go back and play that ending one more time, you will see how disjointed everything is. You are being murdered by Bhaal while not a single companion, or your romance option says a single word. Extremely lazy.

OP Offline
I'll just be waiting for the definitive edition now, act 3 and the main story with the Emperor kinda killed any replay desire for the moment.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard