Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Since previous Larian console ports (DoS 1+2) did not support inverted x and y axes for the camera, I was wondering whether it's known if this feature will come to PS5? Either as a menu option or via the built-in PS5 settings? It would be such a shame if it not. It really doesn't seem like a complicated feature to implement and strongly increases the game's accessibility.

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Made an account for the forum just to refresh this and bring it to the dev's attention. The ability to invert x/y axis camera is crucial for some people. It is such a simple feature that can make or break someone's experience. Please allow this. The PS5 accessibility setting does not apply to the game.

veteran
veteran
This is key for me as well. Inverting the camera pitch is the first option I look for in any game's settings

I think they tried to create a control layout which would not involve camera pitch at all, perhaps also as a way to 'direct' our field of view, but even for something as simple as pitch=zoom if the Y axis is standard rather than inverted, this goes against every gameplay instinct I have and all the muscle memory of a lifetime.

On the PC version I have downloaded the NativeCamera tweaks mod pretty much expressly for this purpose and the WASD mod so that I could use RMB for rotation. I'm waiting on the hotfix update for those.

I can actually understand from a directorial standpoint their desire to limit our pitch. I actually don't need the full 360 rotation here, but something with some give is necessary otherwise there is nothing to invert. Even if it's only like a 15-30 degree pitch I'll take it. Otherwise I basically have to relearn up from down here, which isn't going to happen, no matter how much I might wish lol.

Anyhow just had to chime in to support the request.

Last edited by Black_Elk; 06/09/23 03:23 AM.
I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Just upping this comment again. For a game with such attention to detail and freedom of choice, it is sad that I can't even choose how the camera moves. It is like a left handed person being forced to use a right handed instrument. Adding nipple covers is great.. but mainly aesthetic. Allowing inverted camera can directly impact a lot of people's basic ability to play the game. Please Larian..

R
stranger
stranger
R
+1 to this. In fact it is game breaking for me. I simply won’t be able to play without both axis inverted, and won’t even bother buying the game. There is absolutely no excuse not having this option (or not letting ps5 standard settings to apply) in 2023.

I understand we are a minority, but a sizable one. Shame on Larian if they won’t add it. Really, no other way to put it.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I am strongly considering passing on the game altogether, even on PC, despite being so excited about it. It just makes me very sad.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
^ lol this guy

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Originally Posted by Romfro
I am strongly considering passing on the game altogether, even on PC, despite being so excited about it. It just makes me very sad.

I have both PC and PS5 versions. On PC you can at least change things in steam controller setting before you launch the game and it will be inverted in game so there's that. My wife and I are trying to play together on PS5 because my PC can't handle split screen on 2 monitors without dropping frames. The PS5 camera accessibility setting does not apply to the game and there is currently no workaround like in Steam.

old hand
old hand
Huh. With Mouse and Keyboard you can't even *control* the camera outside of zooming and x-axis. I had to mod that in, so I can look around.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
It's unfortunate, but Larian just doesn't seem to care. They didn't care about it in DoS 1+2, nor do they now. It's probably something like two lines of code. Alas, I won't buy BG3 then, even though I was really looking forward to it.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Settings to invert the X and Y camera axis should absolutely be added. An uninverted camera on both axes is nauseating for me, and while the Y axis being static here (only for zoom) makes it more manageable - options for accessibility do not hurt.

These literally exist as options in the OS on PS5, and for good reason. Way too many devs somehow ignore that.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Hey everyone! Make sure to report feedback on this. Go to https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3#modal. Under report type, choose feedback.

They need to know that this is a standard for all modern games. The more people that report this, the more likely a patch will come sooner.

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Originally Posted by now192002
Hey everyone! Make sure to report feedback on this. Go to https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3#modal. Under report type, choose feedback.

They need to know that this is a standard for all modern games. The more people that report this, the more likely a patch will come sooner.

Thank you for the link. I just submitted my report. It is baffling that this is not an option.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by now192002

Thanks, done.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Amazing thank you, feedback submitted.

Last edited by Romfro; 08/09/23 03:58 PM.
I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Upping this so more people can see. I will continue to up this until they take the feedback or ban me. Let's keep submitting our request to: https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3#modal

R
stranger
stranger
R
Same. I cannot comprehend why they just do not do it.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
To me it seems like this is pretty common for western companies. Japanese games all have it, even Nintendo has it!

The question is why? Those two lines of code can't be hard to add.

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Originally Posted by Romfro
Same. I cannot comprehend why they just do not do it.
Either they don't know it's an issue that needs to be addressed for some people, or they just don't care about it as much as adding nipple coverage or other minor silly things they fixed on the patches so far

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Nipples are pure evil. It had to be fixed

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard