Originally Posted by Feris
The question remains. Why go out of their way, add new voice lines, cut scene and all that, instead of just adding one quest and two lines of dialogue at the end? Even if it would take longer than 2 weeks or whatever they needed for patch 2, just do that instead of the whole "ending she deserves" bullshit

Giving her a proper ending will take months of work. Her quest essentially ends at the start of Act 2 right now (and by "end", I mean you're just told there is no fix and that's it, you're then given the opportunity to trade all those infernal irons you've collected for gear, lol). Expanding her quest beyond that would require tying it into existing Act 2 and 3 quest branches, which is complicated. They also need to record a ton of new voice lines (both for Karlach and the NPCs she interacts with in these new scenarios). The Patch 2 ending was just a stopgap until they have more time to actually finish her story (at least that's my hope). I'm guessing we'll be getting a definitive edition in ~12 months.

And if not (although I highly doubt Larian won't act), I'm hoping modders can fix it. We know from the the Happily Emmie After mod in DOS2 that complex quest expansions are possible in this engine. I'm just not sure if it's possible to add audio lines. If it is, then it's possible to reach out to the VA to record a few lines for the mod (or even use ElevenLabs if she's okay with it).

Last edited by Chlamydia; 18/09/23 10:01 AM.