Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kr0w93 Offline OP
OP Offline
So I have a few mods installed such as Improved UI, 5E spells, and Fantastical races. These seem like pretty common mods hence me asking for help. However I've hit a road block where I'm still obtaining XP, but the amount to gain is completely gone so there's nothing to meet to prompt the level up. On a fresh playthrough right off the nautiloid ship, my XP reads like 256/-nothing-. Anyone know of any fixes. I don't know how feasible it is to simply uninstall two of the mods because they're straight up overrides. I know them the brakes and this is the risk of playing with a modded game, but like I said, I believe these are pretty commonplace.

veteran
veteran
1 removing mods doesn't matter once a game save is made... there is a file tracking that those mods are in your game and deleting the mod files will not change anything now [there are steps to cleaning out this but thats another topic]

2 if your exp says 256 - nothing then you have leveled but not actually pressed the level up option yet i.e, the game is waiting for you to goto level 2

3 what is it you want to fix?
has your character just not leveled because you didn't get around to it yet or is one of your mods blocking the level up option

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
Kr0w93 Offline OP
OP Offline
Case in point

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Last edited by Kr0w93; 18/09/23 03:02 AM.
Kr0w93 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
1 removing mods doesn't matter once a game save is made... there is a file tracking that those mods are in your game and deleting the mod files will not change anything now [there are steps to cleaning out this but thats another topic]

2 if your exp says 256 - nothing then you have leveled but not actually pressed the level up option yet i.e, the game is waiting for you to goto level 2

3 what is it you want to fix?
has your character just not leveled because you didn't get around to it yet or is one of your mods blocking the level up option
Sorry I just missed your post as I uploaded that picture. It's not just this one playthrough. It's multiple where I can keep gaining experience indefinitely but will never actually level up. Good to know about the mods.

J
J
That is just a visual bug probably caused by improved UI, I have the same. You don't have the experience needed to level up, next level is 300 and you have 251, just keep going.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Isn't the mustard coloured progress bar on the right your experience?

Kr0w93 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Jones76
That is just a visual bug probably caused by improved UI, I have the same. You don't have the experience needed to level up, next level is 300 and you have 251, just keep going.
This is correct. Blew my mind because I practically went through the entire Underdark and didn't level up. Or some other area. I may be getting my multi parties conflated. Either way that brings me to the next point.

Originally Posted by Beechams
Isn't the mustard coloured progress bar on the right your experience?
I did a few significant battles with one party in particular and it looked like they were perpetually stuck on the last 10th of that bar. That's what led me to my assumption that we now know is incorrect.

Link Copied to Clipboard