Originally Posted by NomTheBurritos
You really hit the nail on the head here. For days, I've been hesitant to progress my main story and kinda been doing my side-runs because the farther into mid-late Act 2 I get, the closer I am to Act 3 and I refuse to end this game the way it currently is.
I wanna play it from the moment they eventually implement a continuation of the questline without having to re-do everything. But as it stands, I can neither accept letting her die, nor accept forcing her back to the place of her trauma just for her to live.
Yes they're 12 levels higher than when she got out, yes there's up to three of them now, but even she says "remember, you chose this" as she nods off to Tav, as a peek to the fact it wasn't her idea even though she chose this as much as we did.

Ceremorphosis is just an end if we wanna do some chaos options and I don't mind it being there, just like I don't mind these choices IF A PROPER BETTER LIVE ONE EXISTS to begin with urghhh Larian please ;_;

Just treat all pre-DE playthroughs as "practice" runs for the run you really want to play eventually. There are so many bugs right now that it's impossible to have that "perfect" playthrough anyway.

When i started playing this game, I made a few different Tavs and tried a few different origin characters, eventually settling on playing as Karlach (I loved her dialogue options and passive voice lines). I almost finished Act 1 when the Reddit PSA was posted about her story being unfinished. It was a gut punch, but I still really love the game so I switched to my favourite Tav and continued the playthrough on them.

If you wanted to romance her but you don't want to be sad, just do a playthrough where you send her to hell with Wyll and romance someone else on that run. Or even going to hell with her isn't the absolute worst ending (although it obviously still blows). Obviously none of this is ideal, but my point is to treat this as one of many playthroughs so you can still enjoy the game.

Last edited by Chlamydia; 18/09/23 07:34 PM.