veteran
veteran
A better game is all the reward I need.

Ankou Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by MrSam
QA people are hired for a specific job where they qualify. You don't meet those qualifications, your input is not needed. It's the same if some Joe would go to Apple store and hangs around there the whole day and at the end of the day he goes and asks for payment. This Joe was not hired to work at Apple store, he does not deserve any compensation for wasting his day at the Apple store.
However, they ARE asking for our feedback. This isn't helping out without being asked to at the Apple Store. If they really don't want us doing quality testing they could come out and say so.

Last edited by Ankou; 24/03/21 08:02 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Ankou
If they really don't want us doing quality testing they could come out and say so
Which is the point. Look up what a Q&A tester actually does. Hint: we exclusively get the sunshine part of it.

veteran
veteran
I don't really care about in game bonuses or special badges on forums or discord...

All I'd like is a better communication with us.

I'm a bit tired of reading and writing about the same things again and again and giving / gathering feedbacks because whatever my passion about the game, it looks totally useless.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 24/03/21 08:54 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ankou
We bought a game and are volunteering time to improve the game. If anything that only further enforces the argument. A fortiori, some basic recognition for doing QA work for free would be nice. I'm not saying I expect it, but damn I'm a paying beta tester and it's like nobody from Larian cares or recognizes that we're being extremely accommodating just because we're passionate fans.

Do you understand that then Larian should make a selection of "best" beta testers who really helped them in some way, and not just played in EA? Just really a lot of people bought this game, maybe in advance, maybe because they want to try it, and not just with the thought "I'm a beta tester. wanna help!". It would be strange to give out some significant bonus to everyone who bought the game on EA.

It's funny, for example, beta access for a new Pathfinder is much more expensive than its future release version, and it was really hard to get it. And even then, people could buy access just to play game. Because they don't want to wait, that's all. To be honest, I don't know if they will get a bonus for this.

It's great that there are some people who are really concerned about the fate game and help make it better, but it's definitely not everyone who bought EA access to BG3.

And I must agree with Maximuuus. I'd like to see some communication with us. I mean say "no, we won't do this" or "yes, we are considering this" to calm some people down. Because people write about the same topics all the time. Although I am surprised that the question of day and night is still raised, when Larian was told cycle of day and night will not be.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
Ankou Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
No day/night is such a bad choice I can see why it keeps coming up.

veteran
veteran
It was just a suggestion. Why is it that there are people who feel the need to shoot down everybody's suggestions? Why would it be so bad if we who are helping make the game great received some sort of fun something for it?

I should get a reward just for putting up with some of the people in this forum who are constantly shooting down ideas whether they are good or bad.

veteran
veteran
I am, in general, against incentives to pay or play a product before it is finished (be it exclusive crowdfunding rewards, Early Access rewards, pre-order bonuses) especially with those are not possible to acquire after game's release.

I think if one questions if their time with EA is worth it, then they shouldn't be playing early access.

veteran
veteran
Can't hurt to ask, though, right? smile

G
addict
addict
G
If they want to give some kind of meaningless cosmetic bonus to people who participated in EA, I'm fine with that. Maybe we get to wear blue hats and no one else does. I don't personally care about it, but it's no big deal to me.

I'd be very much against them giving something meaningful to people who participated in EA and not to people who, for any reason, didn't participate. Meaningful exclusive content is obnoxious, especially to the people who didn't happen to be around to receive it, but I don't like being on either side of it.

P
addict
addict
P
I just don't feel the need for some kind of recognition, or "pat on the head" for paying for early access to a game I am interested in playing. It's not even like we are beta testing, there is no communication or debugging between the players and the developers. We are just given early access to the game before it goes live. Not to mention, I could care less about some "special item" in the game to show everyone how I was special and in EA. I have had those in other games, and it is obnoxious. Now if it was some invite only, closed beta type situation, I mean I wouldn't turn a T shirt down or something lol.

veteran
veteran
l don't want anything either but to add my voice to that of others. I'd like to see Niara, Drath Malorn and Maximuus's work be acknowledged. Yeah, as she says, Niara has written at least one college thesis, it would be nice to have an official reply to the issues she's raised.

Last edited by KillerRabbit; 25/03/21 02:38 AM.
veteran
veteran
I will admit as well, I'd prefer our suggestions at least be considered and to see many implemented rather than some cosmetic gift.

However, I thought of a gift I might like. The full game soundtrack. I know someone can extract them somehow, but I don't know how. I'd love to listen to it while Im working. Tracks in order please. smile

Last edited by GM4Him; 25/03/21 02:35 AM.
So I am curious... we paid for EA... does this mean we all need to pay for full release? Or is that covered under EA?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Aazo
So I am curious... we paid for EA... does this mean we all need to pay for full release? Or is that covered under EA?

We won't have to pay again.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
M
Banned
Banned
M
People still won't understand, you just bought a game and Larian was so kind to let people get a little taste of the game before it's full release! The other option would have been that you get no early taste of the game, just have to wait for the release date. This is the option I would have preferred, because there's so many dumb people who just won't understand that early access is just a little taste of what you get, it's a bonus. Also early access does not represent the state in which the game is right now! Larian has lot's of new classes and other stuff ready but they won't give that to early access because early access is just a little appetizer.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by MrSam
This is the option I would have preferred, because there's so many dumb people who just won't understand

Please be polite and respectful. There are also some people who won't understand they're likely to be uninvited if they keep posting inflammatory comments.

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
It doesn't matter. The point is it would be nice to get something fun. If not. Whatever. Something like BG3 EA T-shirts or the soundtrack or both would be a treat. Lol.

Or maybe Day/Night cycle getting implemented next release or Halforc Barbarians or Paladins or Sorcerers or Dragonborn.

Or better yet, all EA players only get the ability to create 4 custom characters as a single player party. Haha. No one else can do it. Sucks to be the rest of you who didn't fork out $60 to help Larian make the game awesome. Guess you shoulda gone EA after all. 😁

Im just saying. Of course they don't have to reward us, but it would be nice. Even something unique for in game that's costs them practically nothing to give us just as a token of appreciation would be a great gesture.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Nyloth
And I must agree with Maximuuus.

What a wonderfull day.
We finally agree on something grin

M
Banned
Banned
M
Originally Posted by GM4Him
It doesn't matter. The point is it would be nice to get something fun. If not. Whatever. Something like BG3 EA T-shirts or the soundtrack or both would be a treat. Lol.
You still don't get it, you pre-ordered Baldur's Gate 3 game and as a BONUS you got early access version of it to get a little taste of what's to come. Usually you don't get anything when you pre-order a game, but Larian was so nice to let you have a little taste of what you will get when the game gets released.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard