Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by InfamousIncubus
Everyone who are in support for the dynamic split screen/camera merge let's submit our feedback directly here: https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3#modal

Sure good idea, thanks, I did It too.

H
stranger
stranger
H
I did it too ! Great idea hehe

Because like everyone said... it's too bad this forced split-screen ! espicialy during the combats !
And even with a videoprojector and so a huge screen, it's disturbing to have this split screen when you are closed from each other.
I hope Larian will have a solution and can add the same dynamic splitscreen which used in DOS1 and DOS2 !

L
stranger
stranger
L
I told my gaming group to hold off on buying this game until they have the dynamic / merged split-screen. We all loved how DOS1 and DOS 2 had it, and everyone was so excited for BG3 to have this as well. I was the first in my group to buy it not knowing this feature is absent. Please address this issue!

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Everyone who are in support for the dynamic split screen/camera merge let's submit our feedback directly here: https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3#modal

Nice, thanks for this link. I sent mine in and strongly suggest everyone else do the same.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Tom Imp

Nice, thanks for this link. I sent mine in and strongly suggest everyone else do the same.

Thanks, we all need to keep this thread on top.

U
stranger
stranger
U
Just created an account to write about this. I also wrote an e-mail to support:) Hopethey will anwsear soon:)

L
stranger
stranger
L
Does anyone know if it's possible to get a refund on this game? The forced split-screen is completely ruining the game for me. I bought the PS5 version assuming we'd get an experience like DOS, but it has become completely disorienting to play.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by labpluto123
Does anyone know if it's possible to get a refund on this game? The forced split-screen is completely ruining the game for me. I bought the PS5 version assuming we'd get an experience like DOS, but it has become completely disorienting to play.

From the PlayStation Store Support: "...you have 14 days from purchase to request a refund. If you have started to download or stream the purchased content you will not be eligible for a refund unless the content is faulty."

E
stranger
stranger
E
All we can do is keep this thread alive until someone from Larian notices us. The lack of communication on the topic is getting a bit frustrating, not gonna lie.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Made an account to post, the split screen performance on ps5 has degraded significantly as we have progressed the game, We are approaching the end of act 1 and it is borderline unplayable. I have submitted 2 tickets in the last 24 hours about this but have yet to receive a reply. The game is fantastic split screen issues aside but the lack of communication from Larian is frustrating. Either inform us of a timescale for fixes or if it can't be fixed let us know so we can apply for refunds. I've bought this game to play co-op with my wife and it's frustrating to experience, especially since DOS and DOS2 had split screen well balanced.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Adding my voice. Bought the game in EA ages ago so no chance of a refund, but just don't enjoy playing forced split screen, it feels more like an MMO than a logo coop experience because you're always spit from the other player. Honestly it would be a better experience to play on 2 separate PCs, but that's not the experience I was hoping for. So many happy memories of sitting on the couch with my wife playing D.OS 1 and 2 and BG3 throws out that unique play style.

I really hope they fix is an add dynamic split screen in, otherwise the game is being left unplayed, which I never thought I'd say for a Larian game.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Patch 3 has just been announced, and it is coming on September 21. Let's hope Larian has included the dynamic split-screen with the merging camera. If anybody has some news on this, please give us an update.

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Originally Posted by Gondrian
Patch 3 has just been announced, and it is coming on September 21. Let's hope Larian has included the dynamic split-screen with the merging camera. If anybody has some news on this, please give us an update.
At least that's something to look forward to, although something tells me it's probably not something that could be implemented with a patch.. idk but I'll be cautiously optimistic. Until then, let's keep voicing our opinion:

https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3#modal

apprentice
apprentice

Considering how targeting works with the stick and that players can act at the same time during the turn, I highly doubt they will add merged camera. DOS was different in this regard

J
stranger
stranger
J

I'm in the same boat. Did not get the PC version, as I wanted to play split screen with my wife on the PS5. While the splitscreen during wandering isn't terrible but certainly not preferable, since we are together most of the time. However, during combat it is horrible.

We're only a few hours in and it just feels off and makes things too confusing. We were expecting it to be like DOS 1/2 when playing together, and we're hoping they can patch it in, at least during combat.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by jimmycthulhu

I'm in the same boat. Did not get the PC version, as I wanted to play split screen with my wife on the PS5. While the splitscreen during wandering isn't terrible but certainly not preferable, since we are together most of the time. However, during combat it is horrible.

We're only a few hours in and it just feels off and makes things too confusing. We were expecting it to be like DOS 1/2 when playing together, and we're hoping they can patch it in, at least during combat.

I believe that the dynamic split screen should be exactly the same as it was in DOS 1/2. I don't see any reason why it would need to be different, as I don't see why targeting or having players acting at the same time might be an obstacle for the merging camera.
Additionally, I think the dynamic split screen could play a big role in improving the game's frame rate.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I believe that the dynamic split screen should be exactly the same as it was in DOS 1/2. I don't see any reason why it would need to be different, as I don't see why targeting or having players acting at the same time might be an obstacle for the merging camera.
Additionally, I think the dynamic split screen could play a big role in improving the game's frame rate.
I wouldn't mind them getting rid of the simultaneous actions during combat. That aspect actually made it very confusing for me to understand who's turn it is. Basically, just make it EXACTLY like DOS1/2 with BG3 story...

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
I mean I get people wanting the merged screen, I would prefer it too, but for the ps5 they really need to focus exclusively on fixing the freeze lag bug that develops as you progress into acts 1-2 and probably redevelops as you progress into act3. 10-40s freezes on so many actions when there are two ppl playing and the analog stick targeting bug make the split screen coop playable actually questionable. Whereas the merge would be highly desirable quality of life.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Didsy
I mean I get people wanting the merged screen, I would prefer it too, but for the ps5 they really need to focus exclusively on fixing the freeze lag bug that develops as you progress into acts 1-2 and probably redevelops as you progress into act3. 10-40s freezes on so many actions when there are two ppl playing and the analog stick targeting bug make the split screen coop playable actually questionable. Whereas the merge would be highly desirable quality of life.

I agree that both problems are important. Let's keep the thread focused on the original topic, please.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Yeah honestly for me some lag in act 2 is less of a problem since I'm still in act 1 waiting for the split screen to get fixed.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard