Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Surge90sf
Originally Posted by Brutality
I think there's plenty of feedback within the game from companions, NPCs, etc. You can change the level of feedback in the game settings LOL! I don't want them commenting on everything. This is a Video Game and not REAL LIFE. That's the level of immersion you're asking for. You want your Companions to be your virtual friends because I'm guessing you have a lack of those. Perhaps you should make your own game? That way you can have everything you could ever want *rolls their eyes*

1. People like you, who swallow mediocracy raw is a problem in this world, and it is the source of why video game companies(or other companies/whatever) keep getting away with more shit every day. Larian did not deliver on what was promised, after the fans FUNDED THEM through early access. Parts of BG3 is still in a beta state, that is the point we are at, and because people like you never hold people/companies accountable things only ever get worse.

I agree with this sentiment. It is very normal to be critical of the things you are invested deeply into.

Yes, BG3 is an excellent game, but that absolutely doesn't mean it's without its shortcomings. If anything, compared to RPGs made in the golden age of RPGs during the late 1990s and early 2000s, BG3 is somewhat lacking with regards to roleplay potential and, to tie back to the nature of this thread, companion interaction.

This is immersion breaking and is a place for improvement. The reason it stands out so is not because the game is bad but rather because the game has so much potential energy to brave the massive gap between a 9/10 and a 10/10 game, and the improvement of this system along with a few other systems and storylines would easily propel the game to those boundaries. Additionally, the cast of companions are generally quite well written and compelling characters, and the lack of group interaction between them and especially the mannequin-esque role they have in the third act leaves the player with a sense of disappointment.

I wouldn't say it's entirely inaccurate to assume that Larian, as a company that needs to prioritize the financial nature of their predicament, made the decision to take the very solid albeit not totally finished game they had and release it early prior to the upcoming heavy hitting games of the year releasing during Q4 (namely Starfield). This was a sound decision, and I don't blame them for doing so. Of course, this was before they had any idea BG3 would explode in popularity largely due to external factors such as the rising discontent amongst consumers within the gaming industry as of late. Now that the game has well-exceeded financial expectations, I do hope that Larian as a studio committed to their craft funnels some of these profits back into their project to mold it into the masterpiece that it certainly has the potential of being. And again, a great starting point would be to fully flesh out their already great cast of characters.

stranger
stranger
I just wanted for companions in other player's control to participate in dialogues. Spectate should make characters ACTUALLY join the scene. We lose too much when playing co-op because of it.

Currently, if I'm controlling a Custom and Wyll, and a friend is with his Custom and Astarion, and he talks to an NPC, only his Custom and Astarion are present and can interact with the NPC.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard