Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by kenfree100
welsh, my friend!
We don't have to deal with all the bugs that PC and PS5 have had to deal with the past 2-6 weeks.

Good luck with that, neighbour.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Tom Imp
Originally Posted by ZOZO1006
I want to address this here. This is the official forum.
Then why do we need to know the news firsthand from game review sites?? Or X?
Why there is no communication between us?
In this way bg3 forum feels like a wasted time and opportunity.

Count me amongst those who agree. This is the official forum, not Twitter, not Facebook, not Discord, and not Reddit. They should be communicating with the players here.

That said, I'm a bit annoyed that their big talking piece about this patch is this mirror. This is something they had in their Divinity games, so this should have been in at launch.

I have little to no faith that those of us (and we are MANY) who want couch co-op to work as it did in the Divinity games are going to get this added.
It's almost as if whoever is at Larian now wasn't around 5 years ago and has no clue about Divinity or how it's supposed to work.

Starfield already has this in the base game. What does that tell you LOL! I"m done for now maybe forever? I'm going to play Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty and hopefully, when this gets ported to Xbox it will be better. But I'm not holding my collective breath :X

Everyone wants to see the dog stop pissing on the floor. I'm that dog. But I keep pissing on the floor! Marilyn Manson
B
old hand
old hand
B
Pronouns. PRO NOUNS.
When was the last time you saw a thread on this forum calling for anything to do with pronouns? <crickets>
There's more posts by imaginary Dubai call girls than there are posts by real people about pronouns.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Will patch 3 fix all of the issues introduced with patch 2?

M
stranger
stranger
M
As a macOS gamer (lol) I feel mislead. Like many of you, I didn't realize until *after* purchase that the macOS version was delayed and instead of setting any expectations, they just teased us along. It's been a month a half now.

I do not like the lack of respect shown towards their customers. eg: not mentioning it anywhere, sweeping it under the rug (bottom of PS5 announcement), doesn't get own blog post, or own forum post.

Yes, we're a small cohort of customers, but you are still offering us this product variant.

Imagine ordering a phone or computer and depending on the color choice it could take significantly effect when the product would arrive. They would have to be *upfront* about that. People expect more for a modern software company.

As a member of the D4, Star Citizen, Starfield community, there's drastic difference to community engagement and it sucks.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Beechams
welsh, my friend!
We don't have to deal with all the bugs that PC and PS5 have had to deal with the past 2-6 weeks.

Totally. I'm not suggesting perfect. I'm suggesting that some of the land has already been trodden. :p

journeyman
journeyman
I hope this patch fixes the Archfey Warlock sub-class that has been broken since release. I quit playing when I hit level 4 and and have been waiting for it to get fixed because I don't want to continue without all of the abilities I'm supposed to have, and there was no telling what else might be missing at higher levels. I kept seeing other classes and sub-classes getting fixes in the hotfixes and patches, but not the Archfey. I kept reporting it every update, but if I knew it would take this long to get fixed I could have re-started with a different class, although I still wouldn't have wanted to do that because I was enjoying the character combination I put together. I know people that have finished the game and played a 2nd time while I've been waiting for a fix.

I guess I can at least thank you for reminding me I why I stopped pre-ordering, and buying games at release.

W
stranger
stranger
W
welsh, my friend!

Totally. I'm not suggesting perfect. I'm suggesting that some of the land has already been trodden. :p

I would say, with a vague statement like this from the CEO, that BG3 for MacOS and Patch 3 will be delayed again: https://x.com/LarAtLarian/status/1704807658706887066?s=20

How often does it have to be delayed on Mac before we say the heck with it and ask for our money back?

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Will the patch address the issue on ps5 if constant 5-40+ seconds freezes as that is making the game unplayable after a point for split screen coop on ps5?

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by welsh1980
welsh, my friend!

I would say, with a vague statement like this from the CEO, that BG3 for MacOS and Patch 3 will be delayed again: https://x.com/LarAtLarian/status/1704807658706887066?s=20

How often does it have to be delayed on Mac before we say the heck with it and ask for our money back?
Saw that. Hopefully it goes well so we can start crushing this game, Welsh. If it does come out, let's pair up on multi and forget our woes!

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
I want to adress this here. This is the official forum.
Then why we need to know the news first hand from game review sites?? Or X?
Why there is no communication toward us.

I agree. If these are their official forums, I feel that the company should have a bigger presence here. Right now I get quicker BG news from Reddit, which gets their updates from ex-Twitter.

Wooo!!! Thank you for the update! Looking forward to it!

#JusticeForAstarion
W
stranger
stranger
W
Saw that. Hopefully it goes well so we can start crushing this game, Welsh. If it does come out, let's pair up on multi and forget our woes!

Sounds good. I am married though and only had today off to play, so that is why Im really mad. Actually moved everything on my calendar to tomorrow. The weekends are with the wife.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Anyone who has been playing video games for a long time should know that buying a game in early access is like buying a lottery ticket. Do not be discouraged, Mac users, everything regarding the game will be resolved little by little, do not lose hope.
This is said by someone who only plays on Linux and can play this great game thanks to the huge community behind all this. Greetings to all

V
stranger
stranger
V
To think I'd live to see the day you post updates on your own forum… wow. I have already said everything I had to say on the matter and I hope I will be too busy to come here and comment starting later today, because the game will actually be released. So, thanks for posting something here for a change as well. The journey to get to this point was… unpleasant.

I hope this will not remain an exception and that you prioritize your own channels (this forum, discord) and the platforms people bought your game on (Steam, gog, etc.) over X/Twitter in the future. Not everybody playing your games has an account there and if you are not registered, you would not even see the updates you posted in response to the 21st release day tweet without being linked there directly. (if you do not have an account and visit your studio page on X, you don't even see the tweets in chronological order and if you click anything it asks you to register).

This does not sound promising however. https://twitter.com/LarAtLarian/status/1704807658706887066?s=20
More like you are using your own dice mechanics to decide if you release or not… Why is the final QA test performed so close to release? You seem to always cut it incredibly close and if anything fails you have to delay. It happened with every date you have given us so far, so maybe that indicates an issue with the proccess and the time you leave between QA testing and actual release…

Last edited by Vyse; 22/09/23 04:57 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Does anyone know what time it comes out?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Axos
Does anyone know what time it comes out?

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat..._what_time_patch_3max_release_will_drop/

P
stranger
stranger
P
I want to adress this here. This is the official forum.
Then why we need to know the news first hand from game review sites?? Or X?
Why there is no communication toward us.

Twitter/X is also an official channel and it is a lot more suited for short updates and announcements than the forum.

For short updates like this one: https://twitter.com/LarAtLarian/status/1704807658706887066?s=20
Twitter/X is just a lot more suited than starting a new forum thread. The news section in the forum would also be flooded with threads so that it is harder to find the threads that are more important.

But with that said, they could post about it in the forums as well, but probably not a new thread for every small update.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Mac Users: Make sure to follow this to not biff anything
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3655285941429712390

M
Mio Offline
stranger
stranger
M
Never used twitter or x. Don't plan on it. They should just start a new thread on their official forums then trying to communicate through a 3rd party software.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard