Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
stranger
stranger
F
Yes reported directly through website when it first happened.
There's loads of current bugs apart from this one (seems worse than initial release right now!). Would have thought HotFix 8 would have been out by now.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Fingers crossed this gets fixed in Hotfix#8 i have stopped playing until its fixed as its just to annoying.

N
nyvot Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Hi, Larian do not respond to bug reports here. If you haven’t already, you can report it to them on their support site. There’s a ‘Report A Bug’ link along the top of the launcher that will take you to the right place.

I know that they do aim to respond to bugs reported in that way, but from ones I’ve reported myself it’s clear they have a massive backlog so unfortunately that may take some time. But at least if you submit it via the proper channel you can be confident it will be logged, tracked and triaged in due course.

Well, thanks for at least some reaction, my applications have already been submitted, I can only ask those who read this and faced a similar problem to send them too, maybe this way we will become more noticeable, in our case the game is now unplayable.

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Et al,

From the data I've gathered here on several posts and on reddit, the average delay is between 5-7 seconds. A D&D Turn is 6 seconds and this is built into the game at its foundation. I believe these delays have something to do with the turn-based flag being turned on when certain actions occur in real-time. What is turning that flag on I cannot say yet because it is widely inconsistent. For example, on my playthrough when I summon something in real-time (not turn based action) it appears immediately, but sometimes when I unsummon/dismiss it, it requires 6 seconds.

So when swapping to turn-based you're effectively just breaking up real-time into 6 second intervals and everyone goes through initiative including the environment. In real-time, it should all happen simultaneously. What appears to be occurring is in some instances, it's making you wait a 'turn' for a real-time event like a jump or dismissing a summon, and in some turn-based rolls, you're still waiting an extra 6 seconds (like swinging at an enemy and 6 seconds later it tells you if it hit or missed), but the swings before and after that were fine.

Inconsistent bugs are the toughest to track down, but the theory that fits the facts here is that it has something to do with the turn-based 6 second wait being incorrectly flagged for different actions at different times. I'll update on this again when I find something more concrete to point at a root cause.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Hi

I also have encountered this bug.

My latest save prior to downloading patch 3 was the crèche, where I had none of this input lag.

Once I travelled back from the crèche, the lag kicks in due the statues glitching as identified by OP.

However, once you leave act 1, either through the mountain pass or via the grymforge, the lag ceases, so it is only an act 1 issue.

I have tested this as leaving directly from the crèche to act 2 (i.e. before the lag ever starts) and by going back to the underdark and then going to moonrise (i.e. once the lag is present).

If you are near the end of act 1, the best solution is to just move onto act 2, until this is patched.

F
stranger
stranger
F
HotFix #8 - anyone know if this has fixed this? (I can't test until tomorrow).

F
stranger
stranger
F
Just had a friend confirm..... Still not fixed.
FFS I'm now pretty angry.

I think now even if it does get fixed eventually the game is now ruined for me.

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Larian committed the very common error among successful software developers (not just gaming devs) where they focus on features and enhancements on the heels of a popular launch, and ignore performance and stability and regard it as technical debt. Larian should have waited for the mirror and all the other enhancements for a DLC package (even origin character ending changes), and ensured bugs were squashed first in the initial release version.

They've thrown gas on the fire with patch 3 and now it creates a QA nightmare for them to figure out. What they'll likely have to do (and why they're silent on this) is roll back Patch 3 and they're trying to figure out how to avoid that outcome by further troubleshooting. The thing about code is it's like putting jello in a bowl of jello. It all mixes together and it's hard to figure out what's caused by the new stuff vs the old stuff. In short, the silence is more an indication that they are unsure how to proceed and don't want to give messages to the community until a path is charted as whatever they say will go viral and they know that. I do believe they know it's a problem, and a big one.

"IF" Larian was smart at this moment they would roll back Patch 3 and take some fan annoyance. At least the game would work. And then do proper QA and release Patch 3 down the road in a more controlled setting. Thing is they're also tangled in the reputational mess of holding their heads high over other AAA companies saying 'See, this is how you release a good game.' And a massive rollback is a sign of weakness on that reputation. They shouldn't care about such things as players will still be much happier with a game that works. But egos are as egos do.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Please ensure you are submitting a bug ticket for this if you are effected. Gutted that this wasn't fixed in hotfix#8 frown I'm going to move onto another game for a month or so before checking back with bg3.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Yes have sent in a bug report.
I mean at least they fixed the shaved cat issue (said with sarcastic anger).

Yup.....I haven't played for the last week or so and moved on. Was just hoping the latest HotFix would solve the problem and I could come back. But think I'll leave it for a few months rather than be more and more frustrated with it bit being fixed ??

O
stranger
stranger
O
I also sent 2 reports. One of them pointed out this discussion. There was no such problem before Patch 3. Faced in act 1, now abandoned the game for a month. By creating a new save, the delay disappears. The current save is broken. Hotfix 8

N
nyvot Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
CHANGES
You can now use the Magic Mirror on hirelings.
You can now change your name through the Magic Mirror.
Fixed a rare crash that could occur when unloading or quickloading a game.
Fixed an issue causing GPU crashes on PS5 Vulkan.
Fixed the Guardian Statue repeatedly falling into a chasm, causing the server to stall.
Fixed a splitscreen issue on PS5 that could cause a black screen when listening in on a dialogue.
Fixed unpreparing spells not removing their buffs if the spell was upcasted.
Fixed buffs being removed by unpreparing spells if the buff came from a different source (e.g. a scroll).
Fixed some character positions and animations breaking if you skip lines in certain dialogues.
Fixed the previews not working correctly in the Accessibility options.
Fixed an issue causing Minthara's romance to unreliably trigger.
Fixed Minthara's dialogue after you not triggering properly when you talk to her.
Fixed the Adamantine Splint Armour sometimes making your legs transparent.
Fixed a geometry stretching bug introduced in Hotfix 8 on Vulkan.
Fixed characters showing up in their underwear in some intimate scenes even if you have nudity enabled.
Fixed Feign Death causing an infinite leave–join combat loop in certain circumstances.
Fixed prices in dialogues not displaying correctly in savegames that were made while the price was on screen.
Optimised the line-of-sight system for entities with no sight range, like items.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Fingers crossed, I will test it tonight. It's nice Larion actually email you back regarding your bug report, I had an email this morning saying the reported issue should be fixed as of the current hotfix.

***Fixed the Guardian Statue repeatedly falling into a chasm, causing the server to stall***

Thankyou if it is fixed smile can't wait to test tonight and continue my playthrough.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Yup fixed!!!! TYVM Larian

O
stranger
stranger
O
Hi. Hotfix 9 fixed this. Larian the best

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard