Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 93 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 92 93
C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Obviously not, beacuse you keep ending back at polygamy being the issue, when that is not what is being said.

Look up relationship anarchy and toxic abuse of it. Because that is the issue, not the polygamy.

It's okay. It's super confusing exactly because Halsin is written so messed up as he is.

Last edited by Cowoline; 24/09/23 03:52 PM.
C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
That joke wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't for all of the other things going on. He could have just been teasing her or something like that.

But in the context of the rest it becomes awful.

He wants to be with us and help too, we helped him, he owes it to us and he says so.
No commitment, he even said it.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
He wants Tav to be his booty call. If you're fine with being toyed with, then that's fine. Obviously this thread is not for you.

He says no commitment in the same breath he says he can't imagine being without Tav. His behaviour is not okay, bit I am sort of glad you don't see it for how toxic it is, because that hopefully means you have very little experience with it <3

I am glad you enjoy his romance, but as you can see, the majority of players who have asked for him as a romance did not. Surely giving them an option to have a healthy fallout, doesn't take away from your experience?

Which majority? I guess you mean feeling... Halsin isn't bad, their expectations were different.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
- This thread
- Discord
- Reddit

just to name a few. And I am not sure if you're simply trying to provoke, simply don't want to see where people here are coming from, or feel that your perception of him is threatened somehow. But as I said, this thread clearly isn't relevant for you, and since the majority who asked for years during early access to romance him are deeply disappointed, you lose nothing - we didn't get the fanservice Larian advertised.

sorry no, there are so many players, no, it's definitely not the majority.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Originally Posted by Cowoline
- This thread
- Discord
- Reddit

just to name a few. And I am not sure if you're simply trying to provoke, simply don't want to see where people here are coming from, or feel that your perception of him is threatened somehow. But as I said, this thread clearly isn't relevant for you, and since the majority who asked for years during early access to romance him are deeply disappointed, you lose nothing - we didn't get the fanservice Larian advertised.

Perception check (succeed): He's secretly Halsin's writer.

shadowheartgiggle shadowheartgiggle shadowheartgiggle

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
LMAO! Checks out!

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
No, you're right. The majority of ALL players, are requesting for him to be removable as a companion because he comes on so strong and is so creepy.

[url=https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/15x3pxm/anyone_else_disappointed_with_halsin_as_a/][/url]

Last edited by Cowoline; 24/09/23 04:36 PM.
I played over 1000 hours, I played it 3 years ago and Halsin was and is my favorite.
Pls, don't come with supposed majorities.

My girls have no problem with that and my buddies are not interested.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
I am seeing an amazing amount of double standards here (since you also claimed on behalf of the majority and based the majority opinion of the opinion of your girlfriends), so I am going to leave you with your own argument as the definitive end comment on this discussion:

No.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
You know, I would look for the "Thank you for Halsin's romance. It is so amazing thread!", but I don't see it. Saw a post on Larian's discord who said that, which got seven total upvotes. While the ones that say "fix Halsin/have him not hit on me/Halsin is creepy" get between 30 - 70 upvotes.

When you Google search "Halsin romance is great" all you get are the first articles about bear sex, and then all the complaints about him. So, based on available data; The loud horny majority got their fetishised Halsin - those who wanted substance are screaming in agony.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Okay, let’s try to make our own points without taking digs at others who have different views and preferences.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Cowoline
No, you're right. The majority of ALL players, are requesting for him to be removable as a companion because he comes on so strong and is so creepy.

[url=https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/15x3pxm/anyone_else_disappointed_with_halsin_as_a/][/url]

As someone not interested in the romance, but formerly ok with Halsin becoming a companion, I totally agree. I can't stand this character anymore because of his creepiness as soon as he becomes a companion. And I agree that this is a topic on a lot of platforms atm. It is so bad, that it became a common joke.
I don't think, that being poly is the problem, it is nice, that there is representation - or would be, if done proper - , but he is creepy and tries to worm himself even in other romances, even after a No - that is just ... no.
I wish, they would bring back the regal druid from act 1 - this is just not working at all.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
I don't claim to be the majority, only Larian knows the popularity of romances.
If you don't have any problems with Halsin, you won't complain online, very easy.
I'm hoping for BG 4 and old companions, Tav the tree is just a problem.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
I just want my noble and wise bear back /cries

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
In my opinion if they want Halsin as a proper romance partner they need to rewrite him so that it starts in act 2 (or even during the party) already and remove the poly. He can still be dedicated to cleansing the shadow curse similar to how you can start romance with Shadowheart while she's still dedicated to her mission for Shar.

Right now you can't start (properly) romancing him until act 3 at which point all other companion romances are already ongoing or stopped, which essentially forces it to be full speed ahead since you're already near the end of the game and has to be poly unless you rejected the rest.

Gods, just imagine Minsc was a romance partner. You recruit him and the first thing he'd do is ask you to sleep with him because you might just end up going straight for the final battle a minute later.

Cowoline, it's still Halsin, but with a lot of experience... he is old and probably sees many things easily.

Page 19 of 93 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 92 93

Link Copied to Clipboard