Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#900877 21/09/23 02:10 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello there. Been really enjoying this game so far, but there is one little thing that has been annoying me a little bit. I like to customize my characters' appearances, and part of that involves dyeing their armor and clothing. However, there doesn't seem to be any way to tell how a dye will affect the gear until after you've committed to using it. If I use a blue dye, I know it's going to make the item blue, but the specifics of the shade, highlights, etc can be pretty different than expected. So I've had to save before using the dyes, experiment with applying them to see what I like, and then load back to the previous save to avoid wasting items. It would be convenient if there was a pop up window showing a preview of your character's appearance with the dye applied, before committing to its consumption. Less time spent in loading screens.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by ZeroNeonix
Hello there. Been enjoying this game so far, but there is one little thing that has been annoying me a little bit. I like to customize my characters' appearances, and part of that involves dyeing their armor and clothing. However, there doesn't seem to be any way to tell how a dye will affect the gear until after you've committed to using it. If I use a blue dye, I know it's going to make the item blue, but the specifics of the shade, highlights, etc. can be pretty different than expected. So I've had to save before using the dyes, experiment with applying them to see what I like, and then load back to the previous save to avoid wasting items. It would be convenient if there was a pop-up window showing a preview of your character's appearance with the dye applied, before committing to its consumption. Less time spent in loading screens.

Now this I agree with LOL! I wish we could either craft our dye or the ability to remove a dye and completely re-dye because currently unless it's changed? You can only remove the dye on something you previously dyed. I would like the ability to preview armor as well. Because I know a base armor look will change based on who wears it and the characters sex. Male vs. Female , I'm not sure about in between sex characters?

I only tend to play Females, if I'm going to play a character for hours on end. I want the experience to be pleasing wink

Everyone wants to see the dog stop pissing on the floor. I'm that dog. But I keep pissing on the floor! Marilyn Manson
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Yeah, the way dyes work suck. You should have the option of:

A. Previewing the dye
B. Dying only specific parts of the item, since many items have at least 2 parts that can be dyed. Multi color dyes just make this confusing and should just be removed for this option IMO.

Last edited by Stonechat; 22/09/23 05:25 PM.
L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Originally Posted by ZeroNeonix
If I use a blue dye, I know it's going to make the item blue

You'd think so, but I had one set of camp clothes (black and white getup I found in Act 3), where when I dyed it blue, 90% of it ended up gold except for the inner blouse on the bodice. Yep, blue dye turned the corset and pants gold, and the barely visible blouse was all that was blue. XD

Also, for the dying, it would be nice if it was more of a palette view where we could click to select a component on the "paper doll", and then click thru the dyes in our inventory to preview before committing. The current method of combining one-at-a-time is beyond tedious. (Conan Exiles has a decent dye interface if you need an example to work from: https://conanexiles.fandom.com/wiki/Dye )

Q
stranger
stranger
Q
I second this idea.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Please make previewing dyes a thing.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Given that dye usages are limited, the outcome should be previewable. Please make this a thing!

Link Copied to Clipboard