Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 64 of 157 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 156 157
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
You're right. They've the money. They've the reviews, the GOTY chances, the tabloid front pages. But you know what else they have? A huge love for their fans. Not many studios allow players to form the game like Larian did with BG3. Hell, Karlach wouldn't even be here without player feedback.

Thus far, they've crunched out THREE ginormous patches within a month of the game's PC release, all whilst working for it to release on PS5 and Mac. If you scroll through the full patch notes, they're near-fucking-endless. And no, there's no way they'll fix all epilogues and endings at once. There' more urgent matters that prevent players from playing the game altogether, and those need to be prioritized.

But they've also stated that they're working on the epilogues AND taking player feedback to update the game in the coming months. Give them time and keep talking about ut. Keep venting. Keep bringing up important points. They will see it.

Hell, there's a new Karlach Discord feedback post every few days and it always earns a shitton of ups/likes. People. Want. Better.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Feris
So what? Nobody is willing to do anything about it, maybe except complaining into the air, hoping Larian noticed and maybe in few months or even years they'll eventually do something about it. The game already sold well and has great reviews, the outrage is mostly contained here and even here all people do is praying that DE maybe will come and maybe it will fix the issue. They don't have to do anything and wouldn't be surprised if the didn't because why would they? They have money and most fans are happy, they can just use their current success and focus on a new project

This type of attitude is really useless.

Originally Posted by Vellum
I'm probably just repeating what's been said over and over in the past 63 pages but... I needed to vent.

It has all been said, many times, but... I like to think that means they're aware of it, so by all means keep saying it

R
Rae Offline
R
Originally Posted by NomTheBurritos
You're right. They've the money. They've the reviews, the GOTY chances, the tabloid front pages. But you know what else they have? A huge love for their fans. Not many studios allow players to form the game like Larian did with BG3. Hell, Karlach wouldn't even be here without player feedback.

Thus far, they've crunched out THREE ginormous patches within a month of the game's PC release, all whilst working for it to release on PS5 and Mac. If you scroll through the full patch notes, they're near-fucking-endless. And no, there's no way they'll fix all epilogues and endings at once. There' more urgent matters that prevent players from playing the game altogether, and those need to be prioritized.

But they've also stated that they're working on the epilogues AND taking player feedback to update the game in the coming months. Give them time and keep talking about ut. Keep venting. Keep bringing up important points. They will see it.

Hell, there's a new Karlach Discord feedback post every few days and it always earns a shitton of ups/likes. People. Want. Better.

Of course, and it is not only about Karlach, don't forget Minthara, Halsin and all remaining companions and so on and so on. There is so much content to implement and all this needs time. They could release few hotfixes, stop the support and move on, but they already released 3 huge patches, called back voice actors and working on epilogs (I think this is a very good sign for the community that we can count with the support for a long time). This is about trust between Larian and their fans. They will support and update the game and fans will support Larian and gladly buy DOS3 in the future.

Last edited by Rae; 25/09/23 08:59 AM.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
CDPR just released a massive patch that puts the game where everyone's visions for it originally was.

They did this AFTER they sold over 20 million copies.

I don't know why you think Larian isn't going to keep adding features and content when they already have.

F
Banned
Banned
F
Oh really? Then what would you propose to do, except for praying that maybe something will be fixed some day in far future? Because it's just happens that my attitiude is a result of the experience

F
Banned
Banned
F
Same thing could be said about BioWare and CDPR (CDPR especially), where are they now? So far they doubled down on the avernus ending and went out of their to try justify why it's the only option while trolling people on social media with hope baiting. And none of you cared

Do I have to remind you what happened with Bioware and CDPR? Game already sold and will likely win GOTY award, putting more resources into it is a waste

You can make a hell of a lot more money with a Definitive Edition as well as DLC. Why waste a flagship game on a one-and-done sale? Who does that these days?

R
Rae Offline
R
Same thing could be said about BioWare and CDPR (CDPR especially), where are they now? So far they doubled down on the avernus ending and went out of their to try justify why it's the only option while trolling people on social media with hope baiting. And none of you cared

And whats wrong with the CDPR? Cyberpunk had its mistakes and wasn't the best game during the release. Now they released huge update Phantom Liberty and made it Cyberpunk 2.0 and it is very different and more complex game that version 1.0. Lariand did similar thing (for free) with DOS1 and DOS2.

Last edited by Rae; 25/09/23 09:04 AM.
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
CDPR was a huge bummer on Cyberpunks release but they didnt stop there, they kept updating it and now it's almost as good as the early videos were. It reached the potential it should've had in the beginning because fans wanted more and the studio wanted to give the fans what they deserved.

Bioware was amazing until purchased and thus bottlenecked by EA. Tons of fantastic creations came out of that studio and the only reason Dreadwolf and ME are taking so long is because of all the shit that has to do with EA and how they wanna run things. When Mass Effect 3 released and fans were disappointed with the endings and epilogues, they put their asses to work and released the extended cut within 2 weeks of the release. I didn't even finish the game yet and the endings were patched.

Moreover, Bioware released huge DLCs for both ME2 and ME3 and Citadel remains, to this day, every fan's favorite because of how much amazing content it added to the story, but also what a love letter it was for the fans.

Developers care. Sometimes they just can't produce it all within a crunched timeframe, or get choked by their owners and economy. Nothing better than having happy fans, believe me.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M

I wouldn't say that none of us cared. What kind of statement is that even? This thread is whooping 64 pages long now and still going strong, new people keep coming to express their displeasure, vent and share their experience with Karlach, people datamine stuff looking for potential clues, Discord threads are going strong. If you have any suggestions on how to care more, fire them out

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
They don't have to do anything and wouldn't be surprised if the didn't because why would they?

Because they've always done that? Because Larian cares about supporting their games?

I just don't understand what's the point in coming to a FEEDBACK thread and acting like giving feedback hoping for change is the wrong thing to do. I mean. What should we do then, arrange a protest in front of Larian's HQ?

Write a fix-it fanfic, what can I tell you.

[Linked Image from tarraxahum.neocities.org]
F
Banned
Banned
F
Yeah, after their stock crashed, investors kicked them in the balls, fans lost all the trust they put in them and the game was pulled out of ps store. Now after 3 years we have something resembling an actual game with dlc that maybe will fix the whole thing or maybe not.

F
Banned
Banned
F
There are many companies that used to do that only to backstab their fans when they put most trust in them. It doesn't mean anything

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
My guy, with all do respect, you lately just seem to come into this thread and basicly say "you guys are being dumb larian made their monry off you, they wont change anything this thread is pointless"- like why are you here in a feedback thread thats dedicated to giving karlach a more fulfilling questline and a happy ending, if all you wanna do is keep trying to bring us down?

Someone's mad the Discord thread got deleted and Karlach's discussion can't be derailed into CBP2077 bashing every five minutes anymore.

[Linked Image from tarraxahum.neocities.org]
journeyman
journeyman
Who invited this guy?

Rawr.
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Alright let's not feed more into this BingBong of a situation. All of us in this thread are fans of the game and fans of Larian, their work and their dedication. All we want is for the character they've created to get more equal options and treatment as those given to the other companions. Karlach has stolen the hearts of everyone playing the game and most of us are far from satisfied with the options we (she) were given. That said, I've paid for the game, I'd pay it again if I had to if only to get a definitive edition full of stuff people requested. I'm rooting for the Minthara and Halsin fans to get their dues too, even if they're not the main story companions, they too deserve some loving. It's all about being satisfied with the stuff you have, and making your voice heard about the stuff that didn't work so well.

Just like any other form, petition or strike; making your voice heard in a respectful way can go far. You just have to be patient and persistent about it.

F
Banned
Banned
F
Bring you down? Don't make me laugh, all of you did that yourself already, when you decided to scream into the void hoping that soulless corporation will hear you instead of acting when the topic was hot

F
Banned
Banned
F
Screw CP2077 and screw CDPR. They used to by out national pride, a testament that bunch of passionate guys from some middle of nowhere in the eastern europe could go toe to toe with world's giants and even win. This is how our faith was repayed

Page 64 of 157 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 156 157

Link Copied to Clipboard