Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
I've seen that Larian has made updates to bugs that break the romance cut scenes with Shadowheart back earlier this month and a few days ago (this time specifically saying fixed a bug that prevents some players - myself included - from getting the swimming scene). I've already had to go back 20 hours of gameplay because I thought I missed something crucial - so I reloaded the last bit of Act 2, and replayed it and thought I did everything correct. The only thing I am missing is giving Shadowheart the Night Orchid, which never came up. Does this critically impact any and all future romance scenes? Going into Act 3 I didn't get the swimming scene at all.

Just tried going back to Act 2, again - I have a night orchid, but I can't give it to her.

I've completed her questline (twice now), I went back and talked to her friend, got into the Night Orchid cave, all of that. Yet I still cannot give her the flower, and I still cannot trigger the swimming scene.

The only thing I am wondering is if I just didn't ask her about swimming or her favorite flower back in Act 1, but if that's the case, and it's blocking the progression of everything else, am I that screwed? Do I just restart, after what is effectively a 50 hour run so far?

I like the progression, and I like it for RP purposes for my character and her to get together. She already refers to my character as "lover", and all that jazz, but there seems to be no real payoff here. So is it because I didn't ask (or don't even remember if I asked) about the swimming/flower thing?

Is there anyway to know if there is a crucial checklist, like, if you miss this one dialogue piece early in the game it screws you over permanently?

As for the Night Orchid, if you never asked about what she likes, makes sense that your character wouldn't get that scene because they would never know she likes them, and the scene clearly starts with a dialogue referring to how she mentioned it before. As for the swimming scene in Act 3, in my first playthrough, I only got it after many long rests when every other companion had their own scene or quest, etc. At least it was for me, so the best attempt would be long rest a lot until she pops up. Also, I got her scene still before entering the Lowercity, never tried after that.

Last edited by Avallonkao; 23/09/23 12:33 PM.
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
thank you for the reply. By any chance did you already give her the orchid flower?

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Shouldn't matter I think. You didn't have her kill Nightsong, did you?

Either way there were bugs with the scene not happening but the game assuming it had. It tends to happen a couple long rests into act 3 already, assuming you went the 'good Shadowheart' route. Could probably be the first one but it seems some other events are queued up with higher priority (e.g. Vlaakith showing her big ugly face). So if you have a save from the start of act 3, just spam long rest and see if it happens now. Note that you have to talk to her before it happens (the usual ! mark at night time).

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Yes, I went the good Shadowheart route, I rescued Nightsong. So at this point, where I am, Vlaakith already showed her mug. And Lae'Zel has been kidnapped. I'm really hesitant to have to start over, as I've done a lot in Act 3 already (completed several quests, including Shadowheart's). I'm at the point where I feel like I should just keep progressing and hoping for the best. It's good to know that just because I decided to respect Shadwoheart's wishes to not be too pried into early game didn't lock me out of some interesting scenes.

Originally Posted by Chewybunny
thank you for the reply. By any chance did you already give her the orchid flower?

Yep, I always give her the orchid at the beginning of Act 2. But as someone else said, doing that or not shouldn't block you from the swimming scene, a friend of mine got it and he barely interacted with her, just got the good route with her, started the real romance afterward, etc.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Would just be to see if you could get it to trigger from an earlier save now that the patch is out. If you don't have one, that's unfortunate aye.

I got the scene on my current Durge playthrough and some dialogue choices during the trigger do have her talk about how she told you she can't swim. Which she just happens to mention at the same time as her love for night orchids. Now I'm not so sure if it's necessary to know. Surely they'd have accounted for that?

Either way, the cutscene's bugged right now, as are most romance ones apparently. It plays out but not in the intended way.

Last edited by Michieltjuhh; 24/09/23 07:38 PM.
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Thank you guys for the replies. I think I will just continue playing through this campaign and hope it comes to fruition. Really sucks that something like this is so hard to achieve.

Link Copied to Clipboard