Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Title says it. I don't get the option to give it to him if I pull the book out with him in party or in the camp. When he wants an artifact to feed on the book isn't an option.

old hand
old hand
It's a known issue, if you read it with someone else before, you can no longer feed it to Gale...

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthread...mance+of+thay&Search=true#Post870092

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 13/08/23 04:51 AM.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I haven't read the book at all. I only picked it up and put the stone in it. Never read it.

As well that link is to an EA posting. Not full release. A number of things were "known issues" and solved on Full Release.

Last edited by Deltras Frost; 21/08/23 09:37 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Deltras Frost
I haven't read the book at all. I only picked it up and put the stone in it. Never read it.

As well that link is to an EA posting. Not full release. A number of things were "known issues" and solved on Full Release.

If that would be true, than you wouldn't have a bug. Anyway then directly report it: https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3#modal

W
apprentice
apprentice
W
It's a quest item is it not, so I doubt you can feed it to Gale. You can choose 1 of two paths for the quest.

A
stranger
stranger
A
If that would be true, than you wouldn't have a bug.

Whoa. Not presumptuous at all to accuse someone of lying because their bug deviates from the one you know.

I have the same BUG. I never read the book with my PC either.

I picked up the book (and crystal) with both Gale & Astarion in my party, and the option to give it to Astarion is the only one that comes up besides reading it myself or destroying it. I have created a new game, and have the same situation. Perhaps it's related to a conversation that I haven't triggered at some point? In both playthroughs my relationships with both are largely the same; what's weird is that my relationship with Gale is better than that with Astarion.

In one attempt, I eventually tried putting the book in Gale's inventory and reading it *as* Gale, but it didn't progress the way the Gale option is supposed to do either (based on cutscenes and playthroughs I've seen on youtube), it plays out similar to the way the PC reading the book does with multiple saving throws

Edit:
I just went back to replay this portion of my save to see how it plays out post patch 3, and now Gale gets Forbidden Knowledge reward for reading the book. But again, this is playing out as though Gale is the PC, rather than playing out with Gale reading the book as a henchman. The next time he absorbs an artifact, it continues to fail to sate the hunger.

Last edited by Airewen; 24/09/23 09:48 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Airewen
If that would be true, than you wouldn't have a bug.

Whoa. Not presumptuous at all to accuse someone of lying because their bug deviates from the one you know.

I have the same BUG. I never read the book with my PC either.

It is not, because it was a recap to Early Access, because there it was so solvable. But as luck would have it, I arrived there today as well. It seems Larian has completely changed the whole thing again for the release version... If it should be as suspected, then it is no longer a bug, but intention of Larian.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 24/09/23 11:43 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Huh..... they cut the Gale content there entirely? I really didn't expect that. Looks like you're right, on going back to check the dates, nothing talking about that option is any newer than like 6 months. Thanks, at least now I know there's no bug & it's as intended, I can decide what *else* I want to do wit this book.

addict
addict
I think you can still destroy it with
radiant damage

Last edited by avahZ Darkwood; 24/09/23 07:12 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard