L
Lelielz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Originally Posted by urktheturtle
+1 to everything here.

I know its not how the system is intended ot be used, but it should be reported as glitches anyway IMHO

true! i do think a lot of these things also may be glitches! i'm not sure if the camera focusing on tav's face is fully intentional? so definitely a good idea! i know they skim through feedback threads, so they might pay more attention to the bug reporting forum.

Last edited by Lelielz; 25/09/23 05:02 PM. Reason: random quesiton mark in the wrong place
W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
Originally Posted by dillweeds
funnily enough right after i broke up with laezel for astarion it triggered the wyll dance scene right after even though hes NEVER been on my team this run. I have BAREly spoken to him in my current run and I felt SO fucking bad rejecting his dance cus hes so fucking sweet. This patch is giving me one Whammy after another and its really bumming me out ToT. I have more than 400 hrs in game a Ton of different runs and this patch has been honestly the most disheartening update yet.
On a side note, I always found this moment -rejecting Wyll's dance - to be so brutal that it was unintentionally funny. You REALLY have to tell him to f*** off in that scene. Well, you don't have to, but I was trying to be as certain as possible to not trigger his romance (because i had accidentally triggered Gale's) so I ended up telling him his dancing looked terrible right away and he STILL persists in trying to get you to dance, taking all your insults with aplomb, until you finally come out with "I DON'T WANT TO DANCE WITH YOU NOW OR EVER" or something to that effect, and then he just stumbles away looking totally dejected. I felt bad, but the entire scene ended up being so unintentionally brutal I couldn't help but laugh.

stranger
stranger
understandable!!! I really really wish there was a gentler way of letting him down instead how it is now or maybe more of a lead in dialogue to the dance scene just so you can either express or deny romantic interest before it gets to the point of him asking for a dance. It makes me feel like im kicking a puppy. Like if it wasn't for my tav being set on being in a relationship with another character already I would have no qualms with romancing him but why did they have to make the option to reject him so BRUtal. and he just looks SO fucking sad when you reject him too. gods.

but also if you take his dance even with out kissing him by the end, in one of my past playthroughs the companion i was romancing before wyll (gale) took offense to that, like i had cheated just by merely dancing with wyll. LIKE can platonic friends not dance together :((

Last edited by dillweeds; 25/09/23 05:12 PM. Reason: typo
L
Lelielz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
the same EXACT thing happened to me!!! romancing astarion when wyll's dance scene triggered around early chapter 2. i danced with him and then didnt kiss him, and holy fuck the look of heartbreak and pain on his face nearly killed me. i almost re-thought romancing astarion because of it LOL but then astarion will be sad too?? mann i hope they add a few more dialogue options to deny him that are nicer or something.. like the person above said- i dont want to telll wyll to fuck off but why cant i just dance with him platonically?

stranger
stranger
Rejecting wylls dance fucking KILLS me every time cus he is such a sweet guy and the look on his face when you reject him Devastates me. i really wish they patched stuff like this instead of taking away our ability to look at our companions faces and expressions in dialogue :")

D
stranger
stranger
D
I'm also super upset about the change to Minthara's camp clothes. We really didn't need the modesty patch XD It looks out of place.

Also, all the equip sharing going to Tav whenever you switch out party members makes it really hard to keep track of equipment. I accidentally bulk sold an equip that I needed for a quest. Didn't realize it until way later after I had killed the merchant. Now I'm unable to complete the pretty important quest unless I want to backtrack about 15 hours of gameplay. All because I thought I intentionally left the equip on Shart.

I love the constant updates and hotfixes and really appreciate the devs taking the time to make modifications to the game. Just some of the changes in patch 3 was... unwelcome...

T
stranger
stranger
T
+1 to everything OP said. Why would you even change what was perfect before? Out of all things that need a touch, none of those were anywhere on that list. Raphael looks like a vacuum cleaner salesman now.

stranger
stranger
love that the new hot fix fixed raphael and his majesty. now all im waiting for is for the camera to not lock onto tav in companion dialogue and also not have astarions lines be cut off by his kisses.(and a myriad of other astarion cut scene bugs) Please larian qwq

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
@dillweeds

For Wyll's storyline, the bug occurs with Mizora at Wyrm's Rock Crossing for most. In this bug, she tells you to talk to Gortash (first meeting with Gortash) and when you come back down, talk to her. However when you talk to her again, she says 'Meet with Gortash' even though you have. This disallows you progressing the storyline of her showing up in camp with a 'proposition.'

There is a way to progress Wyll's story anyway, and it minimally impacts player agency.

- Go to the Iron Throne if this bug has presented itself
- There you will find among other things Duke Ravengard, but he's dead
- Pick him up on your shoulder and carry him out (Dimension Door, Misty Step, whatever you need)
- Put his body down at camp and Wyll will say that he's sorry for letting his father down, and will finish what his father started
- Go 'back' to Mizora and the loop should be broken, she'll now tell you she has a proposition
- She'll appear in camp after a long rest or two to discuss Wyll's contract.
- The only difference is a third option no longer exists (Back out of the contrat & rescue a living Ravengard). So Wyll only has two choices. But otherwise the story does progress.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard