Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 65 of 157 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 156 157
buddy you're bloody lost, spieprzaj >>> https://forums.cdprojektred.com

[Linked Image from tarraxahum.neocities.org]
Well now I hate that THAT is the start of the new page of this thread, so I'll quote this

Originally Posted by NomTheBurritos
Alright let's not feed more into this BingBong of a situation. All of us in this thread are fans of the game and fans of Larian, their work and their dedication. All we want is for the character they've created to get more equal options and treatment as those given to the other companions. Karlach has stolen the hearts of everyone playing the game and most of us are far from satisfied with the options we (she) were given. That said, I've paid for the game, I'd pay it again if I had to if only to get a definitive edition full of stuff people requested. I'm rooting for the Minthara and Halsin fans to get their dues too, even if they're not the main story companions, they too deserve some loving. It's all about being satisfied with the stuff you have, and making your voice heard about the stuff that didn't work so well.

Just like any other form, petition or strike; making your voice heard in a respectful way can go far. You just have to be patient and persistent about it.

and apologize for engaging >_>"

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Big talk and no actions to back it up. Shit attitude man, take a break

stranger
stranger
Lol some people aren't happy unless no one is happy. ¯\_(?)_/¯

I think there's a big difference between hope and blind faith. I've seen a pattern of behavior from the developers which indicates to me that hope for additions to Karlach's story is reasonable. I've also gotten my hopes up for things in various projects by different corporations and been let down. It isn't personal, and I won't be bitter either way.

But it's fun to come to this thread and see how many other people also loved Karlach's character enough to look deeper into the fan base than they had interest in before. Connecting with other people about the things you like is one of the joys of being alive.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Im wondering how much new dialogue we can expect larian to add into the game, whether through patches or with a definitive edition release. People compare bg3 to larians previous releases that got a DE release, like divnity sin 2, but these games are pretty different in how they handle character dialogue. This might be me just speculating and being pessimistic, but i wonder if larian kinda shot themselves in the foot by deciding to have actors mocap their voicelines, cos that seems like a lot of work to just get one line of dialogue recorded. I have a hard time seeing bg3 get a definitive edition with 130 000 new recorded words like dos2 got, but i could also be wrong.

I dunno, im just wondering how much work we can expect larian to put forward fixing karlachs questline. Theres no doubt larian doesnt know about this thread and the multitude of discord threads discussing karlachs ending, but in the grand scheme of things people seem overall happy with the game aside from bugs that need fixing plus some other quality of life improvements. I remember larian stating that they worked really hard on this game and cant wait to take a well deserved break, so its not unreasonable to think they will focus on fixing bugs, adding some quality of life improvements and then work on epilogues(still curious if that means an actual epilogue or just a slide show lol), and not much else after that. But ill happily be proven wrong lmao, just trying not to set my expectations too high.

F
Banned
Banned
F
The last time I tried to do anything, all I heard was "we must wait for DE, this will fix everything" or "if we try to get attention to the issue, it will only backfire". I'm done trying, this community doesn't deserve changes because you're not willing to do anything to get them

Last edited by Feris; 25/09/23 05:59 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Feris
The last time I tried to do anything, all I heard was "we must wait for DE, this will fix everything" or "if we try to get attention to the issue, it will only backfire". I'm done trying, this community doesn't deserve changes because you're not willing to do anything to get them

What exactly are you suggesting?...

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Yeah its ok, im done, sorry for feeding the bingbong.
To the point of karlachs story though and how to fix it, IF they did give an Avernus section in the game what would you guys want to see in it? I know karlach mentioned a cambion named flo as her only friend in hell. So i think it be pretty cool to actually meet her as either an antagonist or maybe even as an unexpected ally of hers.
Thoughts?

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Norrec69
To the point of karlachs story though and how to fix it, IF they did give an Avernus section in the game what would you guys want to see in it? I know karlach mentioned a cambion named flo as her only friend in hell. So i think it be pretty cool to actually meet her as either an antagonist or maybe even as an unexpected ally of hers.
Thoughts?

There in an npc in the lower city named Flo that doesn't have dialogue, but refers to the player as "soldier" if interacted. I wrote it off as coincidence, but it might very well be leftovers i guess!

If they went the avernus route, i really wouldn't know where to begin! there as so many possibilites tbh

Thoughts?

Well if we're letting the imagination run wild, definitely agree, I'd like to meet Flo. From what little we heard of her I'd imagine her being this, uh. You know. Acting friendly and fully believing herself to be an infernal equivalent of a buddy to Karlach while generally scoffing at the idea of friends and cruelly pushing her buttons non-stop. Talking like they are besties while generally being an antagonist and not above violence, 'cause sorry Karlach, some of us aren't keen on betraying Zariel and don't want stick our necks out for you, what did you expect? Being ruthless about whatever her orders are, but maybe, just maaaaybe the second Zariel's iron grip slips due to something we did - she'll look the other way and whoops, let Karlach slip away, the goodest thing she's physically able to do for her, 'cause, well, she was fun indeed, maybe she deserves her little escape.

You know, that kind of a vibe. Acts friendly and cruelly at the same time, won't ever risk her hide but also momentarily seems to sort-of-care just enough to leave Karlach ruffled about it. That's what I imagine her to be until canon proves me otherwise laugh

I generally think exploring places and people (uh, devils? creatures?) Karlach knew before would be deeply fascinating in terms of stark contrast, 'cause they'd know her as the Demonsbane, not our Karlach. And she'd likely have to play the part, too, for our safety and/or because of automatically falling back on her old persona that protected her for 10 years there. The one that Wyll expected to find. That's an angle on her we didn't get to experience much.

(I am deeply fascinated by Samantha once mentioning that she thinks that Karlach talked much lower and growlier in Avernus than she does now that she's home. Kind of like when she's angry, I imagine. (The High Rollers campaign and the GET THE F*CK AWAY FROM HER moment with the imp, anyone?))

F
Banned
Banned
F
Well, it can't be that bad considering they added new lines in Patch 2. The problem is what they added turned Karlach we know and love into stage 4 cancer patient that gives up on life the second Dammon says he can't fix her right now, so it's quite obvious they want to justify avernus ending. I'd say the best shot is some kind of avernus dlc where we get the fix but they themselves said it's gonna be long time so nothing worth waiting if you ask me

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Oooh i like that thought process, I almost had this idea of a bubbly personality. But that easily turned pyschotic and violent at the thought of karlach leaving. Almost like karlach had to stay on her good side. Your idea though would be very fullfilling.
And you bring up some good points

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Wait really? Damn where at? I definately missed this

journeyman
journeyman
Wait really? Damn where at? I definately missed this

i don't remember the exact spot, but she's sitting on a chair at an inn on the balcony, could be the same inn where the karlach date happens but my memories might be playing tricks on me

stranger
stranger
Well if we’re wishful thinking, I personally think an Avernus adventure would be perfect for level 13+ players.

Considering that Larian talked at length (I believe...?) on how a level 13+ party would need a whole other style of gameplay and bosses etc etc that would definitely have to be a post-game DLC then, yeah.

Which, don't get me wrong, is a fun idea. What concerns me is that Larian is not exactly known for DLCs. But hey, we're dreaming here. Let me level up and get the bigger guns feats, Zariel we're coming for ya

Also, I'm thinking, doesn't matter if (this theoretical wishful) Avernus would be a in-main-game location or a DLC, we'd definitely have, like, more quest stuff to do there apart from Karlach's. You know, to make it a suitable and fun location for players who don't have her in the party one way or the other.

Wonder what that could be. Theoretically Mizora is also tied to Zariel, so Wyll could have some hooks in the location too, I think.

I almost had this idea of a bubbly personality. But that easily turned pyschotic and violent at the thought of Karlach leaving.

Oooh that's also a fun idea! A violently possessive archetype would be doubly fun to interact with as a romanced Tav, no doubt. How dare you try and keep Karlach for yourself and try to get her to leave a second time >:(

Last edited by tarraxahum; 25/09/23 08:05 PM.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by tarraxahum
Considering that Larian talked at length (I believe...?) on how a level 13+ party would need a whole other style of gameplay and bosses etc etc that would definitely have to be a post-game DLC then, yeah.

Which, don't get me wrong, is a fun idea. What concerns me is that Larian is not exactly known for DLCs. But hey, we're dreaming here. Let me level up and get the bigger guns feats, Zariel we're coming for ya

Also, I'm thinking, doesn't matter if (this theoretical wishful) Avernus would be a in-main-game location or a DLC, we'd definitely have, like, more quest stuff to do there apart from Karlach's. You know, to make it a suitable and fun location for players who don't have her in the party one way or the other.

Wonder what that could be. Theoretically Mizora is also tied to Zariel, so Wyll could have some hooks in the location too, I think.

I almost had this idea of a bubbly personality. But that easily turned pyschotic and violent at the thought of Karlach leaving.

Oooh that's also a fun idea! A violently possessive archetype would be doubly fun to interact with as a romanced Tav, no doubt. How dare you try and keep Karlach for yourself and try to get her to leave a second time >:(

They did release a huge DLC for DOS2, completely free. It wasn't a new zone, but it was a series of new game-spanning quests and multiple new boss fights.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
I feel anything 13+ dlc woukd be a post game dlc and swen i think said any dlc they MIGHT do would take place prior to the end game. And if thats the case AND they increase lvls then many act 3 fights at a minium would need to be reworked for higher lvl grps. I also think the ending of the game is a soild place to END the adventure. Just obviously needs polish epiologues a possible tavern scene to talk to companions etc etc
And Justice for Karlach!

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
[img]https://ibb.co/0JQkHT1[/img]

Will most likely revert to the classic calculating formulae flying about but couldn't resist doing this mid-work...

Originally Posted by Chlamydia
They did release a huge DLC for DOS2, completely free. It wasn't a new zone, but it was a series of new game-spanning quests and multiple new boss fights.

My bad, aren't very familiar with DOS myself, so was repeating what I heard someone else say!

I generally agree that the current ending is a fine place to stop the adventure, but only if quests and epilogues are tied up better (including everything that's wrong with Karlach's).

'Cause let's be honest, in a real big D&D campaign having one party member with a glaringly unresolved personal quest would VERY likely mean "Campaign 2 the electric boogaloo: the gang goes to Avernus" laugh

Page 65 of 157 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 156 157

Link Copied to Clipboard