Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
stranger
stranger
A
Oh, if the saving bug is also a result of trading, then maybe the same workaround applies?
I mean to trade choosing the special button, not the dialogue option.
I will test it ASAP.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Guys, really... I love your game and as much as i've doubted you would deliver a BG game worth it's name, wich you did, there's something really serious we need to discuss... ACT 3 IS SO LAGGY THAT IT'S BARELY PLAYABLE.
I run the game on max setting till i hit Moonrise, the suicidal harpers charge is a breaking point, from there on, there's only lag lag lag lag. Seriously, i understand you need to express how hard it is for every survivor and refugee, but there's TOO MUCH useless npcs being processed and lagging the game, i'm basically playing act 1 and 2 over and over cause act 3 is NOT FUN AT ALL, just because it goes down to 20 fps at ANY city part, it gets better on caves, tunnels, etc, but it takes all the fun from the game, i'm avoiding puzzles because it simply takes more time to execute what i think will resolve than to think about it. That said, i think we could just separate some areas maybe? like, wyrm's crossing, there's no reason why it cannot be ANOTHER AREA. Gortash party is normally a bunch of naked and glitchy ppl teleporting around without ever finished rendering just because there's too much on the screen. Also, the taverns on second part, there like 60 npcs on each, can't we just make them a loaded internal area? Yes, i know it "breaks" the immersion because you would not be able to see the street from inside anb blablabla... but i prefer to loose a little immersion and BE ABLE TO PLAY, if you don't mind.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Arcturus
Oh, if the saving bug is also a result of trading, then maybe the same workaround applies?
I mean to trade choosing the special button, not the dialogue option.
I will test it ASAP.

So, the good news - the bug is indeed caused by trading.
The bad news - the workaround doesn't work. You just can't trade for now.

B
old hand
old hand
B
I updated my game to Patch 3 and it all works with my 25 or so mods. I tried the Magic Mirror - took me forever to actually find it - and I could access CC though I didn't bother changing anything. I also traded with Volo via the trade button in the bottom left of the screen. All this is in Act 2 just prior to attacking Moonrise.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Sadly, still no mod support, no ability to revert to previous versions of the game, and still can't recruit Minthara and Halsin like we could in the launch version of this game.

So if you want to play this game with all characters like you could when you bought this, you have to rely on third party websites for mods or go through an extremely convoluted way to change your steam files and overwriting the files through Steam's back end storage server side.

I just want to be able to play this game like I was when I first bought this. Why can't Larian just let players make their own choice of how they should be playing the games they bought? It's not like this is a competitive MP game or an MMO or anything.

The argument that it was 'not intended' to be able to recruit all companions is sad. That's how the game was shipped, that's what players paid for. This isn't early access anymore.

Last edited by Shifter; 24/09/23 01:13 AM.
veteran
veteran
i now have 3 copies of the game for my Gog account
1 Galaxy -Windows and my main
2 off line installer - Windows
3 Galaxy Mac

all 3 work, only have the deluxe Dlc and Twitch drops and while i agree Larian needs to rethink what they call 'testing' the patch is a good step

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Why wont u allow magic mirror for hirelings?

Why do you hate custom character so much?

There is a strange bias here everyone has been noticing, I get the origins, these are your hard made creations and u don't want to see them perverted.

But hirelings? Really?

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Gamerratic
In relation to this update: When dismissing party members, story items (and characters they were dragging along in their inventory) will now properly transfer over to another party member.

Is there are reason why a dismissed Companion's Alchemy Pouch, Camp Supply Pack, and Keychain (along with non-quest related Legendary items...even equipped ones) are being transferred via the "Shared Stash" when you dismiss a Companion to camp?

I understand that Story items are important to hold onto, but it seems tedious to constantly have to transfer the Pouch and Pack items around when they are only dismissed to Camp.

Would it be possible to include a "Decline" option when asked to take the items via "Shared Stash"?

First off, please fix this. Or at least give an option to turn it off/on or choose what items to transfer

Secondly, my game keeps freezing when I use the Sort by option through the Traveller's Chest at camp. I can cycle to Latest, but when I try to sort by another option it freezes forcing me to have to shutdown the game and reload (This is on PS5).

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Shifter
Sadly, still no mod support, no ability to revert to previous versions of the game, and still can't recruit Minthara and Halsin like we could in the launch version of this game.

So if you want to play this game with all characters like you could when you bought this, you have to rely on third party websites for mods or go through an extremely convoluted way to change your steam files and overwriting the files through Steam's back end storage server side.

I just want to be able to play this game like I was when I first bought this. Why can't Larian just let players make their own choice of how they should be playing the games they bought? It's not like this is a competitive MP game or an MMO or anything.

The argument that it was 'not intended' to be able to recruit all companions is sad. That's how the game was shipped, that's what players paid for. This isn't early access anymore.

I've recruited Minthara post patch so it's not systemic

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Shared stash transfer on dismissing companions... I think the idea behind it was good, but the execution is terrible. No consideration for players who like to swap companions around in order to get the maximum world interaction. No consideration for players who keep hireling alts for buffs or potion crafting. Each time a companion is temporary dismissed and returned to the party, you have to give back their items and go through the items tab to setup scrolls/potions.
Very frustrating, please hotfix it asap.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Please revert Raphael's hair colour. The previous colour suits him better, and gave him a disarming levity that is missing in the current look.

Last edited by RoseL; 25/09/23 12:56 AM. Reason: Rephrasing.
P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by ZingFreelancer
Shared stash transfer on dismissing companions... I think the idea behind it was good, but the execution is terrible. No consideration for players who like to swap companions around in order to get the maximum world interaction. No consideration for players who keep hireling alts for buffs or potion crafting. Each time a companion is temporary dismissed and returned to the party, you have to give back their items and go through the items tab to setup scrolls/potions.

100% agree. Such an annoying thing. A much better solution would be allow inventory management of every companion in camp, or a shared inventory of consumables.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I don't think the Raphael changes took effect, he is still level 12 for me.

S
stranger
stranger
S
My bad, I was referring to the ability to recruit Minthara and Halsin in the same playthrough which players had when the game launched.

This function was removed with patch 1 and forced into existing playthroughs so people like me who were planning to play the game with all companions and cycle them in and out depending on character synergies and alignment were blocked from doing it as soon as that patch landed.

Last edited by Shifter; 24/09/23 05:30 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
Area of effect spells can do damage to someone with the sanctuary condition but they shouldn't break the condition.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Paragon de todo
Originally Posted by ZingFreelancer

100% agree. Such an annoying thing. A much better solution would be allow inventory management of every companion in camp, or a shared inventory of consumables.
I, too, agree. I just took away all of the companions key-, alchemy- and ration stash's to prevent my character getting flooded, when changing companions ( I do that a lot). But apart from quest items, I don't think, anything has to be transferred.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
D
stranger
stranger
D
First of all Thanks for the hard work. Magic Mirror is a great addition!
(And yes I had to restart a 20hours campaign to get it to work, but that is part of modding so I'm not complaining.)

Here are some nitpicks:

Originally Posted by Salo
Art
  • Made dye colours more intense and more visible on some armours. This will only affect newly dyed items.
I guess that is why the Black and Furnace Red dye no longer colors the chest plate part of the Breastplate armor gold ... I mean the plates on the knees and elbows remain golden, but the chest plate is now steel .... just ... WHY ????
Why would you change the color of one big plate steel and not the others ... now it looks really mismatched, I had to switch to using Black and Azure it was so bad.

Also this:
In relation to this update: When dismissing party members, story items (and characters they were dragging along in their inventory) will now properly transfer over to another party member.

Is there are reason why a dismissed Companion's Alchemy Pouch, Camp Supply Pack, and Keychain (along with non-quest related Legendary items...even equipped ones) are being transferred via the "Shared Stash" when you dismiss a Companion to camp?

I understand that Story items are important to hold onto, but it seems tedious to constantly have to transfer the Pouch and Pack items around when they are only dismissed to Camp.

Would it be possible to include a "Decline" option when asked to take the items via "Shared Stash"?
This is really annoying for me as well. Especially since some character-related stuff only triggers if you bring that specific character at specific times. Usually, they are switched with the transmuter wizard who holds all alchemy ingredients (and scrolls in a bagsbagsbags scroll case which, btw, also gets yeeted back to MC).

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by DaiShi_HUN
First of all Thanks for the hard work. Magic Mirror is a great addition!
(And yes I had to restart a 20hours campaign to get it to work, but that is part of modding so I'm not complaining.)

Here are some nitpicks:

Originally Posted by Salo
Art
  • Made dye colours more intense and more visible on some armours. This will only affect newly dyed items.
I guess that is why the Black and Furnace Red dye no longer colors the chest plate part of the Breastplate armor gold ... I mean the plates on the knees and elbows remain golden, but the chest plate is now steel .... just ... WHY ????
Why would you change the color of one big plate steel and not the others ... now it looks really mismatched, I had to switch to using Black and Azure it was so bad.

Also this:

This is really annoying for me as well. Especially since some character-related stuff only triggers if you bring that specific character at specific times. Usually, they are switched with the transmuter wizard who holds all alchemy ingredients (and scrolls in a bagsbagsbags scroll case which, btw, also gets yeeted back to MC).

AGREED. made an account just in hopes that Larian is reading this feedback.

Not sure how to post before and after pictures here but each time i look at my gear with Black and Furnace Red dye it makes me sad. Please add the gold back in your next hotfix.

Last edited by m00resy; 25/09/23 08:23 AM.
stranger
stranger
shared stash didn’t bother me any more after i put em at camp lollll
my shadowheart's avatar always turns black when shes in team again no idea why plz fix this(((

Originally Posted by m00resy
AGREED. made an account just in hopes that Larian is reading this feedback.

Not sure how to post before and after pictures here buy each time i look at my gear with Black and Furnace Red dye it makes me sad. Please add the gold back in your next hotfix.

Don't bother posting that here; I doubt they have the time to read the forums.

Use the 'REPORT A BUG' on the launcher instead; it's much easier and that's the channel they're monitoring. I've sent a number of bugs and got some feedback, so they're transmitting those ones to the developers. And you can easily attach pictures and DxDiag files.

Just expect some delay because of the amount of bugs they have to wade through.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard