Here I really want to drive this point home right quick

One version of the proportions used in modern figure drawing is:

-An average person is generally 7-and-a-half heads tall (including the head).

-An ideal figure, used when aiming for an impression of nobility or grace, is drawn at 8 heads tall.

-A heroic figure, used in the depiction of gods and superheroes, is eight-and-a-half heads tall. Most of the additional length comes from a bigger chest and longer legs.

The wiki quote there is paraphrasing from "Figure Drawing for All It's Worth" and "Successful Drawing."

So even if they wanted 7 heads or 6.5 or 6, for shorter than average proportions, they're still pretty far off the mark.

Currently Roah is only 5 heads tall...

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

If I saw that image of Roah without any further context and someone as asked me to guess which fantasy race was being depicted, I would say Dwarf for sure. Even if she was standing next to Nettie or Thrinn or whoever, she'd still just look like a slightly smaller/shorter Dwarf. If she had pointed ears she'd look a Gnome, even if standing next to Philomeen or whoever. Halflings need a more distinct and tinier visualization I think.

If they really want to keep similar proportions as the current, I would still like them to downscale the skull and reduce the entire figure a fair bit, so the tinier scale is more pronounced when compared to the Dwarves.

Last edited by Black_Elk; 25/09/23 10:26 AM.