Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 67 of 157 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 156 157
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
All upped and checked. Thank you for doing this, Nom ?

Also, I've been reading through the thread again, thinking about all the suggestions posted by you lovely people to fix our lovely hellion and got this idea:

Since Karlach is so hot nobody can touch her initially, how can the tadpole survive all the heat? Now I know they are magic-imbued and that probably is the reason why Karlach's tadpole is not a little pile of ash inside her head but hey, since this kind of magic exists and works the way it works in Larian's "slightly" altered version Faerun, why can't this same magic be used to, for example, safely contain the engine and keep it from exploding?

I mean, this by all means is quite a long shot, but since we are sharing our thoughts and ideas here... what are your thoughts?

I hope everyone's having a great day today, btw

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I assume if that was a possible solution, we would need some Netherese to encase it.

Of course knowing Gale and is True Resurection-having ass he'll probably just fail to mention it.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Id say the issue there would be once the game ends that power* is gone if you go the good path. Sooo she still is kind of screwed

B
stranger
stranger
B
returning to the fires of Avernus with either Tav or Wyll (or both, in many of our head-canons)

My wife and I just finished our first playthrough and got this ending with both. Did they add that in one of the patches?

I saved every scrap of infernal iron in the hopes (with the expectation, honestly) that they would be used in act 3 to fix her engine. After meeting Dammon and finding out he was all but useless now (save for a special
owlbear
surprise), I still held hope the Gondians or something with the Steel Watchers would happen, so I kept saving every scrap. I destroyed countless Steel Watchers for it.

Then, in the end, nothing. Fuck all for nothing. I'm glad she agrees to live (particularly after that gut wrenching speech at the end) and we get to go with her, but now I just want a Karlach expansion where we go through Avernus and fuck shit up.

On a tangentially related note: Make sure Wyll is wearing something before the final fight, even if you're not taking him, unless you want all the emotion of the final scenes ruined by his tighty-whiteys. Didn't think much of it when I gave his gear to Gale, but he's just in the background practically naked the whole time and walking into Avernus with his ass cheeks out. lol

Last edited by Blenman; 26/09/23 05:32 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Did you include my "Pimp My Infernal Barbarian" scenario by any chance? :]
I'm too lazy to go to their discord

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by NomTheBurritos
A'aight everybody get your pretty butts over to Larian's discord and up that two-part post I just made based off of the past 10 threads of everyone's feedback here!!! I tried to include everything as concise as poasible and it became 2 parts, someone ought to chop me for it, but go go go!

Edit: in bg3 feedback channel

Did my part chief!

Originally Posted by Blenman
returning to the fires of Avernus with either Tav or Wyll (or both, in many of our head-canons)

My wife and I just finished our first playthrough and got this ending with both. Did they add that in one of the patches?

I saved every scrap of infernal iron in the hopes (with the expectation, honestly) that they would be used in act 3 to fix her engine. After meeting Dammon and finding out he was all but useless now (save for a special
owlbear
surprise), I still held hope the Gondians or something with the Steel Watchers would happen, so I kept saving every scrap. I destroyed countless Steel Watchers for it.

Then, in the end, nothing. Fuck all for nothing. I'm glad she agrees to live (particularly after that gut wrenching speech at the end) and we get to go with her, but now I just want a Karlach expansion where we go through Avernus and fuck shit up.

On a tangentially related note: Make sure Wyll is wearing something before the final fight, even if you're not taking him, unless you want all the emotion of the final scenes ruined by his tighty-whiteys. Didn't think much of it when I gave his gear to Gale, but he's just in the background practically naked the whole time and walking into Avernus with his ass cheeks out. lol

I think prior to patch 2, choosing who to go with her was slightly bugged but I think it was still possible for both you and Wyll to go with her. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong on that.

And thanks for the suggestion! I now plan on keeping everyone in their underwear for my entire playthrough (once they give us a way to fix Karlach). That's what I'd call peak drama a la Walter White.

R
Rae Offline
R
Yes before patch 2 if you romanced Karlach but Wyll became the Blade of Avernus in the same time, only Wyll could go to Avernus with her. (Not Tav with Karlach as lovers), which was wrong.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Ah, the rare cuckold ending.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Gods Id be so pissed Id throw my Tav at Will and yeet him into the astral sea.

Unrelated but Karlach feedback/ending discussion is on full throttle on in Swen's act 3 tweet

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
That sir is TOTALLY related. Hope he is listening!

R
Rae Offline
R
What? Where?

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
What is GDC?

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Gods Id be so pissed Id throw my Tav at Will and yeet him into the astral sea.

Unrelated but Karlach feedback/ending discussion is on full throttle on in Swen's act 3 tweet

Here's the tweet:
https://twitter.com/LarAtLarian/status/1706724263578026150

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Game Developers Conference, big gaming industry event. Y'all better pique in on those tweets and add your own five cents in the tread there so he notices!

F
Banned
Banned
F
That's cool, but still doesn't say much, unless GDC has some particular meaning

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
The point here being, forums seem pretty abandoned in terms of what the devs actually see and hear. Or that's the feeling anyway. So kindly, respectfully, commenting about an act 3 post with the problem we all share in this thread (Karlach, choices, endings) is one way to reach to the Big Man of the operation. It's about making our feedback heard and this was the perfect opportunity to mention it.

journeyman
journeyman
The point here being, forums seem pretty abandoned in terms of what the devs actually see and hear. Or that's the feeling anyway. So kindly, respectfully, commenting about an act 3 post with the problem we all share in this thread (Karlach, choices, endings) is one way to reach to the Big Man of the operation. It's about making our feedback heard and this was the perfect opportunity to mention it.

Damn, now i wish i had a twitter account! Although i don't feel the character limit (it has one, right?) would allow me to type everything i wanted in response to a single tweet ahah

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
I do not have twitter but is there a way some one or several ppl can make a tweet response with THIS thread copy/pasted into it? So it directs attention to the forum and not just thr forum members going to twitter?

stranger
stranger
Well I tweeted him, if only to add my shameless begging to the pile. Hope he sees it

Page 67 of 157 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 156 157

Link Copied to Clipboard