I've been just lurking and reading what everyone had to say (glad i'm not the only one disappointed with this whole Halsin romance) but I wanted to confirm that I haven't romanced anyone before Halsin in my current playthrough and he does tell you that one dialogue.

it's unfortunate the only options you get in response to that are either "That's not my nature, it's not meant to be." or just the "You can have a share in my heart. And more besides." I was hoping there'd be a discussion? I wanted our character to say something along the lines of "Well I'd like to devote myself to you since I'm not interested in anyone else." or "Your nature isn't mine but I'm willing to accept yours." I don't know but something where Halsin can see Tav is serious(?) if that's what they want of course and aren't in a relationship with anyone.

I know someone said before here that it's sad you don't even exchange "i love you" to each other whereas I think every other romance does? I just feel like the ball was dropped in Act 3 with Halsin. I feel like this whole time waiting for 2 acts leading up to act 3 to romance Halsin just felt misleading for what happens at the end. He says all these sweet caring things and seems serious(?) about Tav for what's to come in the future (there's a line he says that he wants Tav but all in due course) but in the end, it just doesn't add up I guess. So I agree it could be seen as manipulation and/or just the writing contradicting his actions in the previous acts. The whole thing seems just FWB with pet names like my heart and lover.

But I do appreciate that it was pointed out that Halsin doesn't try to sleep around pre romance, cares about your thoughts/feelings etc. so it makes me like him even more sigh (even though that doesn't make up for the other issues especially the way his trauma was handled).

I submitted a feedback thing about Halsin last week, not sure if anyone is going to read that and take into consideration what I had to say but thought better than to be silent about it. I was a bit sad that the newest patch didn't touch Halsin's romance at all, guess I had too much hope for that. I'm crossing my fingers *maybe* they'll do something in a definitive edition, I'm willing to wait for it. I just don't think I'll be doing a 2nd playthrough again with this current state though, I'm not interested in anyone else and the whole romance aspect in games makes me motivated to play them in the first place aha. Or at least way more enjoyable. Anyways one can hope!