Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 66 of 157 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 156 157
Originally Posted by NomTheBurritos
[img]https://ibb.co/0JQkHT1[/img]

Will most likely revert to the classic calculating formulae flying about but couldn't resist doing this mid-work...

I snorted way too hard while reading everything.

YEAH, yeah, that feeling when--

(nice art too!)

[Linked Image from tarraxahum.neocities.org]
journeyman
journeyman
[img]https://ibb.co/0JQkHT1[/img]

Will most likely revert to the classic calculating formulae flying about but couldn't resist doing this mid-work...

SAVING THIS AND INJECTING IT INTO MY VEINS

F
Banned
Banned
F
They said at first that there would be no dlcs but already backtracked on that and said that dlc is possible but not anytime soon. The issues are lvls but they already didn't include few spells they deemed too problematic so maybe that could be the tactic here

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
I MUST KNOW should I revert to classic format with calculations and only the "we did all we could" header or should I keep it to all the examples shown?! I'll color it in tomorrow and whenever it's done it's obviously going up on twit.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by tarraxahum
Which, don't get me wrong, is a fun idea. What concerns me is that Larian is not exactly known for DLCs.

They're also not known for beating Cyperbunk's top record and Dota 2's concurrent count less than a month after launch, so hey, brave new world and all that. It's anybody's guess of course but I think with this kind of success they'd be nuts not to do it.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
I like the uniqueness you got with out the classic math formulea but honest both would be great lol

I MUST KNOW should I revert to classic format with calculations and only the "we did all we could" header or should I keep it to all the examples shown?! I'll color it in tomorrow and whenever it's done it's obviously going up on twit.

Knowing twitter I'd say yeah, make both variants, double strike x)

Originally Posted by soyt
They're also not known for beating Cyperbunk's top record and Dota 2's concurrent count less than a month after launch, so hey, brave new world and all that. It's anybody's guess of course but I think with this kind of success they'd be nuts not to do it.

Also very true!

Originally Posted by Blook88
hi everyone.
2 little off-topic questions but since almost everyone here is a karlach-"expert" i hope to find the answer here.

1.) if you romance karlach and decide to become a mindflayer, what is her reaction to that? ive heard that some companions break up with you.

2.) can you go back to avernus with karlach (optional with wyll too) while being a mindflayer? and could you, as a mindflayer, survive in avernus?

bonus) lorewise is it possible to maintain your own self while being a mindflayer? ==> ive read a comment, that it depends on the fact, if the ceremorphosis is succesful or not["the usual process of ceremorphosis ends up with the host dying, their soul leaving the body and the parasite taking the empty body over. Yet, if the ceremorphosis went wrong and these last three steps never got to complete, the host stays alive and doesn’t get connected to the hive mind. That is precisely what happened to the emperor and any character you chose to turn into a mindflayer. In fact, when Orpheus explains how he’s gonna make you an illithid who won’t obey the absolute he explains just that: he would let you begin the ceremorphosis but would stop it before it rids your of your free will."].

thank you for your help.

JUSTICE FOR KARLACH

Does anybody have answers for this?

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
The only hiccup i actually have with an Avernus DLC as opposed to it just being added in to complete karlachs story.
Is that it really reaallly ties into her being fixed....like i feel that shouldnt be a DLC. Thst should just be...added.
A DLC option i would almost argue could be adding in upper city maybe? With a portal to icewind dale or some far off place that coukd be isolated for an expansion?
A DLC to address the issues of karlach seems a tad bit ingenuine.
.....dont get me wrong they could still do the avernus dlc and charge 40 bucks for it and id still pay it cause they got me by the short hairs at this point. Im just saying >_>

Originally Posted by Walking Kole
Originally Posted by Blook88
1.) if you romance karlach and decide to become a mindflayer, what is her reaction to that? ive heard that some companions break up with you.

2.) can you go back to avernus with karlach (optional with wyll too) while being a mindflayer? and could you, as a mindflayer, survive in avernus?

Does anybody have answers for this?

Don't take my word for it, since I haven't played that path myself, but 99% sure that yes you can go with her to Avernus as a mindflayer, which I think indicates that she doesn't break up with you (actually I think I saw a gif where she compliments your tentacles? so, you know)

As for maintaining your own self as a mindflayer - that's a topic I'm very unsure about. On one hand, there's that explanation you (Blook88) quoted, on the other hand I'm pretty sure I heard that the Emperor is just that strong willed and that helps him maintain memories of his old self and therefore act accordingly (in that case, Tav is also remarkably strong willed I believe), but those are just that, his memories and the impersonation of the individual they portray... Withers insists that mindflayers don't have souls, but does that include those who stopped before being fully taken over? Ceremorphosis is a tricky thing, I'm not fully sure what to believe in that regard.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by tarraxahum
Ceremorphosis is a tricky thing, I'm not fully sure what to believe in that regard.

I’m not 100% either, but as I understand it, “free” mind flayers like the emperor are not actually their old selves, just a grown brain parasite that has inherited the original person’s memories and personality. It’s mimicry and the original person is dead. Withers and the game in general are very clear about ceremorphosis being soul death, and in fact now that I think of it the only ones in the game who try to contradict this are themselves illithid.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Correct. The established dnd lore seems to be the old self/soul is indeed truly dead. The parasite has just consumed the memories of the host and now their identity is just the memories of the host creature.

If anyones played the old Prototype game on xbox. Think alex mercer. And the virus.

F
Banned
Banned
F
Her being fixed isn't necessarily tied to going to avernus because if Larian wanted to go for avernus dlc, they could just have her fixed but wanting to settle the score. What people think (and have reason to think so) is that for whatever reason, Larian didn't add an option to fix her and is so heavy on avernus ending because they go for the dlc where ideally we'll get our fix. Hence why they added all the extra lines where Karlach is totally hopeless, why they added the whole cutscene at the end and why they called it "the ending she deserves". You know, "avernus is the only hope but don't worry, dlc is on the way and you'll get what you want there"

Last edited by Feris; 26/09/23 04:55 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
In tabletop as general rule DM should take control of a newborn Illithid from the player as soon as the ceremorphosis completes, and per rules it is no longer considered an original player's character. However, that 'soul consumption' thing is new I think, previously I read that soul safely leaves the body to the Planes and could be revived via True Res or Wish only as its body is considered completely lost.

Last edited by Aron Dalentor; 26/09/23 05:54 AM.
Thank you all for the replies!

A
stranger
stranger
A
Despite my poor english skills, I'm here to add an opinion.

I will write it as concisely as possible for you to understand.

I like tragedy. but I think the tragedy should be fully explained to match the impact it has.

I don't think that's the case with Karlach.
the attempt to fix her actually feels like it didn't even start.

is Dammon the 'only' solution we can think of? If he says no, is it absolutely impossible?

many people would think of Gondians and Raphael as the solution. I feel the same way.

they may not be a solution, either.

but let me try, let me realize that I can't, and let her prepare herself.

keep trying, realising it's impossible, and maybe she'll reconsider going back to hell. maybe go back expecting to find a solution in hell (and of course she's not alone anymore)

her storyline is so lacking compared to other characters that it makes us feel like we haven't tried anything, and it really is.

what annoys me the most is that there is always an option in conversation with her that "we may find a solution".

why the hell is that option when we're doing nothing? or does the solution mean going back to hell??

Last edited by antiglu; 26/09/23 09:53 AM.
F
Banned
Banned
F
If you play as Gale and decide to take one for the team, Mystra can still bail you out if you decide to go with her, so even after becoming squid, further shenanigans are possible

G4RIIK Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Feris
If you play as Gale and decide to take one for the team, Mystra can still bail you out if you decide to go with her, so even after becoming squid, further shenanigans are possible

It genuinely disturbs me how much forgiveness Gale gets for being a douchy prat, meanwhile Karlach, a good person cursed by a vile employer has an option between shit, shitter and shittest.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
A'aight everybody get your pretty butts over to Larian's discord and up that two-part post I just made based off of the past 10 threads of everyone's feedback here!!! I tried to include everything as concise as poasible and it became 2 parts, someone ought to chop me for it, but go go go!

Edit: in bg3 feedback channel

Last edited by NomTheBurritos; 26/09/23 12:01 PM.
F
Banned
Banned
F
It's almost as if her story is so badly written you just can't help but think that someone at Larian really hates Karlach and really went out of their way to make either tragic ending or pushed for her returning to avernus too damn hard then later tried to justify the decision

Page 66 of 157 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 156 157

Link Copied to Clipboard