#902423 24/09/23 02:46 AM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Since the update I had been unable to load my game. Kept crashing at 60%

Was able to load an older save.

And then I went to walk into lower city... and a crash every time I try to load it.

stranger
stranger
Playing on PS5 I'm unable to re-enter the Lower city after going to fight Gortash. The game crashes whenever I try to fast travel to either of the LC areas (including sub-areas like the sewers). It doesn't matter if I fast travel from the map or try to use the actual gate loading option-nothing works.

I have only a couple of quests left (I think) so this is very annoying that I put in almost 100 hours and now can't finish the game.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Just +1'ng this, having the same problem. Anytime I attempt to travel to the lower city the game crashes, whether from map or zone transfer areas. This started right after I went from the lower city to Wyrm's Crossing and talked to Raphael, not sure if that's related.

Last edited by Walkland; 26/09/23 05:41 PM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
Same thing. Got to where Gortash is (his like bedroom or whatever) just after beating the house of hope and whenever I try to enter the lower city (my save is at wyrm rock rn) it will load to 33% and then crash.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Apparently it got something to do with Wyrm's Crossing area in specific. I got the same crash (33% and crash when trying to get to Lower City) after defeating Ansur. Can't get to the Lower City. I just want to do House of Hope and the end.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Same issue after defeating Ansur. Crashes at 33%

stranger
stranger
I really hope the devs are aware of this issue. I really wanted to finish the game this weekend, but that clearly didn't happen.

J
stranger
stranger
J
same here, ive reported the problem to Larian as a bug problem since now i cant kill Gortash. Tried sigil to there, tried manually running through the gate and same bloody problem

W
stranger
stranger
W
+1, same issue, was in lower city, left to Wyrm's Crossing to talk to Raphael, now can't re-enter. Crashes every time at 33%. Have killed Gortash and Ansur to try and advance the story, but still crashes.

P
stranger
stranger
P
same here, crashes every time at 33% when I try to enter the lower city.

W
stranger
stranger
W
I have the same problem and find a cause for me. In the combat with stone lord, an enemy heals himself the moment I kill him. I don't know why these two things happens at the same time. Anyway, as a result, the enemy is dead with hp not equal to 0. Since then, every time I leave for another place and go back to lower city, the game crashes. It crashes because of the 'undead body'. It tries to load this bad game object whenever it loads lower city because the object is in the sewage of the lower city. Thus, when I pick the body with me or put it in the camp storage, I can load other places like Iron Throne and head back to lower city. The bug is still there, but by putting it in the bag or in the camp storage, the loading process will avoid it. I guess this works because the camp and bag are loaded into the memory at the first-time u load the save files, which surprisingly won't trigger crash. Throwing it in the ground in ur camp is useless, cuz the camp environment is with the city, which also will be reloaded when u load the city.

This solution may only work for me. But as a reference, I suggest u can find the latest good save file, which can be tested by traveling to Rivington and traveling back to lower city. And check what have u done between the good save file and bad save file. U may also find some bad game object like my 'undead body' there. Then u can go back to ur latest save file and go to move that bad game object into ur camp storage. In this case, u can still play smoothly on a broken save file till the end by just passing by the crash trigger.

stranger
stranger
Odd. I did have a guard in Wrymrock that died but still had 2 hp (or something like that) but when I go back now the bodies are all gone and just a couple of bags with the loot I left behind in them. So I don't think I can do anything about said body if it was still around. I do have an older save. So I might try to redo that whole section I guess. I will have to do a lot of replaying though. I'll test it tonight I guess.

Edit: I loaded back to my last save in Lower city. I went back to Wrymrock and fought the guards again. This time they all died properly, but when I tried to travel back to lower city the game crashed as always. So that isn't the issue for me. It is clearly tied to progressing the story to when Gortash is hostile and then trying to deal with Gortash (or really anything in the first area).

Last edited by LeeM; 25/09/23 09:08 PM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
I only have my one save outside the lower city, so if this is not patched my save is FUBAR.

Well, at least phantom liberty came out, guess I can play that haha.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Went back and tried another save a little further back, that was still inside of Lower City and it loaded.

So something between this save and one a little later is definitely linked.

stranger
stranger
Yeah...I'm having to play Starfield now since the game won't work. It's honestly such an inferior game, but I can only watch BG3 crash so many times. Here's hoping they patch the game soon.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I just got my coffee, sat down to play BG3 on my PC, and am now experiencing the same Lower City crashes as everyone else in this thread. I am so sad. :C

I even reverified my files, restarted my PC, etc... but no dice. Still crashing.

Please Larian, I wanted to wait to finish BG3 before playing the new Cyberpunk DLC...

A
stranger
stranger
A
+1 to the general conversation and want to echo some of LeeM comments on sourcing if Devs see this thread. In my play through Gortash is still alive and I had just finished breaking in/destroying the Steelwatch Foundry. I then went to free the Gondians at Wyrm Rock Prison. I spent a couple hours replaying various items in prison including but not limited to different characters on the final cut scene load and saving/not saving Duke Ravenguard. Nothing worked, same 33% load crash error. Ok fine...lets pause saving the Gondians and just go kill Gortash. So after several hours of unaliving everyone in Wyrm Rock Fortress including Gortash, I still cannot load/return into the lower city with the exact same 33% error failure mode. So I think its correct that the Gortash antagonistic switch doesn't allow you to reload into the Lower City. I would test trying to load all the way back to not initiating the Gortash antagonist switch which would either be Steelwatch or potentially Felogyr Fireworks shop (also unalived everyone there before going to Steelwatch Foundry). However, I just wouldn't care if that worked because that's not the playthrough/inconsistent with this run/story and would just rather wait for a patch/server fix.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Just wanna add - my game did this after House of Hope quest was finished. Since 9/16 my game is unplayable. I only had the final quest left.

I don’t think it’s tied to a certain quest or item. I think since the latest patches and hot fixes the game has become broken.

Because when I started new games to try and ease my sadness, I got lag and other issues I never had before.

I keep testing my main save but like everyone else I either crash at 60% or when I do load in, it is so lagged and glitched I can’t play.

Please report every crash you experience! I hope Larian fixes this asap because…once everyone reaches act 3, they’ll have a mob of folks upset if they don’t deal with it now.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I'm starting to think that this was a way for Larian to cool me down as I was so close to end the game (jk jk). This is my second run, first time trying tactician, and I only got basically 4 fights left (Raphael, both Baal fights and the last one). Gortash was a bit easy yet a living hell, after that I got a damn living hell against Ansur (solid 3 hour fight) and his bullshit Gather Power attack XD. Day was going well, tp back to camp, revive my party and go and kick Raphael's ass. Boom, 33% crash while tp'ing to Lower City. It was a bit weird and I tried everything for like a straight hour (previous saves, re-installing, etc) but nothing seems to work.

As a coping mechanism I started a multiplayer campaign with some friends (I got a level-up bug, but couple restarts and could get that lvl 4) and want to start a durge campaign, but now I'm scared of triggering any of the apparently patch 3 related bugs (after-vendor can't save, change region crash, dammon getting killed, etc).

Please Larian, I want to keep playing this game TT-TT

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
So I went back to another save, this one back to lower city after just saving Volo. I then went on to save figaro, and then to councilor florrick.

Was still able to load into lower city.

But here is one little tidbit I noticed about this save that was different from all the others - After doing all that going back to my camp I discovered that Volo was in my camp, and telling me to go whoop Orin.

I will once again go and confront Gortash, but could Volo be the issue. Is he stuck in Lower City and bugging the loading process out? Unlikely I think, but it's something different between this save and my others that have failed.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard