Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
R
stranger
stranger
R
PS5 user- all fixes attempted and game is still crashing at 33% trying to get into lower city. I have to go way back in save states for this to not happen but because i dont know what triggered it, im afraid to brick another save state. Has anyone heard any news about this? Or larian acknowledging that this is a known issue?

A
stranger
stranger
A
hopw we get update that fixea this problem latest hotfix update dint fix it right before the update dropd gsme waa working fine now we have the update game crash eberytime teleport to lower city i want to complete game before i start a new one i hope the 33 procent crash get fix soon i love this game so much and i wana play again

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I have this as well. Any attempt to go from the Lower City to Wyrm's Rock and back again results in a crash to desktop at 33% loaded.

Not sure when this started - I've been to Wyrm's Rock and back before without issue, but I've tried going back to multiple old saves and they all cause the same crash.

Haven't dealt with Gortash yet, so can't complete the game or really make any progress. Waiting for a fix - even an acknowledgement of the the issue would be nice.

Very disappointing.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by MojoBeast
I have this as well. Any attempt to go from the Lower City to Wyrm's Rock and back again results in a crash to desktop at 33% loaded.

Not sure when this started - I've been to Wyrm's Rock and back before without issue, but I've tried going back to multiple old saves and they all cause the same crash.

Haven't dealt with Gortash yet, so can't complete the game or really make any progress. Waiting for a fix - even an acknowledgement of the the issue would be nice.

Very disappointing.

This bug (along with many others) was introduced with Patch 3, which released last Friday.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Oh yeah, I know. Patch 3 has been a total car crash. The game was working perfectly fine for me and now doors, bags, and traveling to new regions are all completely borked. Would roll back to a working build of the game if I could!

V
stranger
stranger
V
Made an account just to add to this: this bug/crash is currently preventing me from finishing my playthrough, as it also happens when trying to leave the Iron Throne. Cinematic plays, you watch
the facility implode
, then it cuts to a loading screen. Hangs at 33% and then crashes to desktop. Tried Dx11, Vulkan, starting from different saves, not saving through the entire encounter, lowering settings. Nothing works.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Hi!, On PS5 , i have the exactly same thing i can't return to Lower City. after beating Gortash in the fortress (after disabled the iron guards) i try to enter the lower city to continue another quest (like go for ORAN by example) and saddly it will load to 33% and then crash. an again an again a again.

I can continue the story or anything beyond this point.

Please help us!!

A
stranger
stranger
A
Made an account to +1 this. Same exact thing happening to me on PC. Crash at 33% trying to go to Lower City after completing late game things to do in Wyrm's Rock (All I have left is to finish the game).

Things I tried:
-DX11 and Vulkan
-Long rest
-Teleport to Lower City above ground
-Teleport to Undercity locations
-Teleport from camp, Rivington, Wyrm's Rock
-Walk to the Lower City from Wyrm's Landing
-Dismiss 2/4 companions (can't dismiss a hireling due to a mod)
-Turn on slow HDD mode

I am using mods, and ones I can't disable and have the save work, but it appears it's not the mods causing the issue... Unless all ya'all are using mods.

I'm hoping Hotfix 8 fixes this. Just waiting until...well, until something does.

Last edited by animacaptus; 28/09/23 11:53 PM.
J
stranger
stranger
J
I had this as well loading in, some things load in while others don’t (people load, stairs and walls do not).

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by animacaptus
I am using mods, and ones I can't disable and have the save work, but it appears it's not the mods causing the issue... Unless all ya'all are using mods.

Nope, completely vanilla PC install here.

It's happening to PS5 users as well.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Winterfell
I have the same problem and find a cause for me. In the combat with stone lord, an enemy heals himself the moment I kill him. I don't know why these two things happens at the same time. Anyway, as a result, the enemy is dead with hp not equal to 0. Since then, every time I leave for another place and go back to lower city, the game crashes. It crashes because of the 'undead body'. It tries to load this bad game object whenever it loads lower city because the object is in the sewage of the lower city. Thus, when I pick the body with me or put it in the camp storage, I can load other places like Iron Throne and head back to lower city. The bug is still there, but by putting it in the bag or in the camp storage, the loading process will avoid it. I guess this works because the camp and bag are loaded into the memory at the first-time u load the save files, which surprisingly won't trigger crash. Throwing it in the ground in ur camp is useless, cuz the camp environment is with the city, which also will be reloaded when u load the city.
This is exactly the problem and exactly the solution. For me it was
the Mask of Vengeance from the basement of The Blushing Mermaid
. Leaving him in the Traveller's Chest in my camp (in Rivington, in case that makes a ifference) seems to allow all game areas to load correctly again.

In case anyone from Larian is reading this - I was trying to leave everyone in that encounter alive by doing non-lethal melee damage but they all died instantly on going unconscious (no idea why) and for some reason one of them "died" with 8hp remaining.

I think it's quite likely that everyone in this thread has the same issue with an NPC body with corrupted data lying around somewhere in the world...

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by MojoBeast
Originally Posted by Winterfell
I have the same problem and find a cause for me. In the combat with stone lord, an enemy heals himself the moment I kill him. I don't know why these two things happens at the same time. Anyway, as a result, the enemy is dead with hp not equal to 0. Since then, every time I leave for another place and go back to lower city, the game crashes. It crashes because of the 'undead body'. It tries to load this bad game object whenever it loads lower city because the object is in the sewage of the lower city. Thus, when I pick the body with me or put it in the camp storage, I can load other places like Iron Throne and head back to lower city. The bug is still there, but by putting it in the bag or in the camp storage, the loading process will avoid it. I guess this works because the camp and bag are loaded into the memory at the first-time u load the save files, which surprisingly won't trigger crash. Throwing it in the ground in ur camp is useless, cuz the camp environment is with the city, which also will be reloaded when u load the city.
This is exactly the problem and exactly the solution. For me it was
the Mask of Vengeance from the basement of The Blushing Mermaid
. Leaving him in the Traveller's Chest in my camp (in Rivington, in case that makes a ifference) seems to allow all game areas to load correctly again.

In case anyone from Larian is reading this - I was trying to leave everyone in that encounter alive by doing non-lethal melee damage but they all died instantly on going unconscious (no idea why) and for some reason one of them "died" with 8hp remaining.

I think it's quite likely that everyone in this thread has the same issue with an NPC body with corrupted data lying around somewhere in the world...

Another user posted this too. You guys definitely caught it.

Make sure you guys submit bug reports (with this information). Larian does not read the forums.

Last edited by Chlamydia; 02/10/23 04:10 AM.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Chlamydia
Make sure you guys submit bug reports (with this information). Larian does not read the forums.

Yup, have done. Sent them the save file and screenshot of the bugged NPC.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Yes you guys are right. It is a corpse which is "fake dead" in my case a random bystander near Thrumbo at the coast where the fishpeople attack. Problem is that this was 25h ago and the corpse despawned and left only a pouch. Picking up the pouch and putting it in the camp chest does not work. Loading the old save where the corpse is still there and putting it in the chest fixes the 33% crash.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Same exact thing happening to me on PC. Crash at 33% trying to go to Lower City after killing Gortash (Same bug trying to get to Lower City from circus after handing in clown parts - ended up loading an old save and clearing a quest or two in lower city, then killed Gortash instead).

Things I tried:
-DX11 and Vulkan
-Long rest
-Teleport to Lower City above ground
-Teleport to Undercity locations
-Teleport from camp, Rivington, Wyrm's Rock
-Walk to the Lower City from Wyrm's Landing
-Dismiss all companions
-Turn on slow HDD mode
- Reduce all video settings to low (normally Ultra/High)
- Set video to Fullscreen (normally Fullscreen Window)
- created a shortcut to run in admin, avoiding Steam/Larian front end)
- deleted all cache files

Game is now officially broken for me as I only have 2 quests left that require Lower City access -- Sharan hideout and Kill brain (including choosing to free or not Orph)

J
stranger
stranger
J
Hey all, just registered my account to leave my 2 cents. I'm experiencing this issue too. I can confirm the issue starts in my case after killing Gortash: if I try to fast travel to the lower city before killing Gortash, no problem. If I do so RIGHT afterwards, crashes at 33%. No troubleshooting worked so far.

I only have the Tribunal of Bhaal left before the endgame so I hope this is fixed soon!

stranger
stranger
I mean I think the dead body that's not really dead is most likely just one possible cause of the issue. The only body I ever saw do that was in a fight I loaded back and redid and it didn't occur again-but I still couldn't load back into the lower city. So clearly it must be more than just a fake dead body issue. Probably some other bad items are out there in the game thanks to patch 3. I just have no clue what mine might be.

I suspect I'll never see the end of the game with this character, and I'm not starting a new one till I know this issue and the others I've seen on here are resolved. In particular that one where the ox kills Dammon when you first enter the town in act 2-that sounds really annoying!

S
stranger
stranger
S
Made an account just to say- same here. This is my third playthrough and I didn't have any bugs in the first two. frown
Hopefully it'll be fixed soon, I assume it's caused by patch 3.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Lower City never stops causing problems. In my game I can barely walk without my game crashing, I also have the same problem as you when trying to save the game here. I hope Larian fixes this soon.

L
stranger
stranger
L
almost 2 week and this bug is still not patch. WTF

Last edited by Ledouze; 01/10/23 05:19 PM.
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard