Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Originally Posted by Rahaya
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
I provided what I thought was the relevant data that you can infer from. The problem is that I sometimes take for granted that you may not be aware of some things that are obvious to me. If you like I can walk you through some of that information.

Lets starts with the basics:

Chris Cocks is the CEO of Hasbro/WOTC.

Questions:
1. How long has he been in that role?
2. What is Hasbro's Fiscal year, start/end?
What does that have to do with the fact that Larian's past 3 games before BG3 released unfinished?

DOS1 and 2 were finished games that later got definitive editions. If you disagree that is a matter of opinion. What was the third game?

I was talking about Bg3, which is what this thread is about, and what I was referencing when I mentioned WOTC. I don't know where you got that it was about those other two games - it sounds like you convinced yourself that is what this was about, or just made up a fantasy argument that didn't exist before, or perhaps it was something you said buried in the overlong emotional screeds you spewed out.

I made a good faith attempt to explain my reasoning and you don't seem like you want to engage in good faith discussion so I am going to invite you to not engage with me further.
Divinity: Dragon Commander. Sven himself said it released in an unsatisfactory state. Did not get a DE. DoS 1, ended super abruptly and was reworked with the EE with a new act along with changes and update to the main storyline and quests. Dos 2, Arx was terrible, had to be reworked, bugs fixed with the DE.

You literally said you blame WOTC over Larian for BG3's Act 3.

It was pointed out to you that they did the same thing with DOS 1 and 2, so there was no reason to believe that BG3 is any different.

I didn't change the conversation to another subject, nor did I make it about other games. This is on topic. The fact that you are trying to gaslight by pretending it's not in context is not surprising, given you've apparently decided to arbitrarily say my responses were emotional based on....zero evidence. Good faith attempts *don't* resort to character assassination of dismissing people as emotional or pretentious sneering about how sad we must be, they engage with what was actually said. You have been doing the former.

To wit:

I am aware of what your Hasbro theory is. It fails on the account of one simple fact: Hasbro/WOTC did not fund the development of BG3. It does not matter who is the CEO or what their fiscal year looks like, because they are not on the hook financially for the game that would give them any kind of leverage over when it is released. Larian is.

You are free to disengage.

I hope the next person you respond to gets the actual engagement first.