Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Hello everyone,

We’ve got a small hotfix for you today, taking care of several crashes and savegame issues. We continue to look at your feedback, and are preparing additional hotfixes for issues you’ve reported. This includes an issue with shared items when dismissing companions, which we are aware of and looking into.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about these issues, and thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3.

CHANGES
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when listening in on some dialogues during a multiplayer session.
  • Fixed crashes caused by corrupted item stacks that could occur when unloading a level or moving to a new region.
  • Fixed a savegame issue when loading into a new region while Withers' Wardrobe was still loaded in an old region.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when loading savegames with potentially invalid items in the inventory.
  • Fixed a savegame issue relating to traps.
  • Removed duplicated characters and items caused by items being taken across two different cached levels.
  • Fixed the preview for the text background option not changing height after you reduce the Dialogue Text Size.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thanks, Salo and Larian Team. We love you guys and this is indeed "The RPG to dwarf them all" (as prophesied by Lord Swen!! Hehehe).

A
stranger
stranger
A
Thanks for the fix but are you going to fix the Ox bug at the last light inn?

M
stranger
stranger
M
Don't forget about the dye situation though! Everyone appears to want the old dyes back. Looking forward to the hotfixes.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Can't wait for mod support or the option to revert to previous versions of this game on Steam.

I'd like to resume playing the game as it was on launch day, before Larian started patching it and removing features that I paid for (such as being able to recruit all companions in the same playthrough).

I can't stand the way some developers enforce their changes on players in single player games AFTER the trial window has elapsed, scamming players out of a refund.

Last edited by Shifter; 27/09/23 11:20 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Frankbuddy
Your update deleted all of my save files and I am unable to download the save files from my cloud now. Do not download the update if you want to finish your game. I lost 40 hours of gameplay to this update. I think I will ask for my money back if I can’t have reliable saving. It’s not the kind of game you can just start over

Good luck with that. Hopefully you are still within the two week window, unlike me. Larian games should have a major warning on them:

'ENABLE AUTO-UPDATE AT YOUR PERIL'

Z
addict
addict
Z
I give a thx to. I
appreciate the change of wind. The last two patch notes was posted on the official forum and site first. And not ever where else.
So big thumbs up.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Really nice update. But u guys fix the people running away from the animals spawned by the beastmaster. I really annoying to run after a critical NPC to complete or progress a quest. Here is an example trying to speak with Valeria to progress the murder quest. (
). Thnx and keep u the nice work.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Don't worry the don't afraid from Vecna any more:)
Ppl in baldur's gate are beating zombies and paying for it.
Making Optimus Prime fan clubs.
But they are afraid of animals. Make a lot of sense.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 27/09/23 01:50 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Salo
We continue to look at your feedback, and are preparing additional hotfixes for issues you’ve reported. This includes an issue with shared items when dismissing companions, which we are aware of and looking into.

Good to know! It is a very annoying problem.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Thank you for patch unfortunately it does not fix problem with "can't start conversation with any companion or NPC". my main character is still mute frown

Nothing regarding Dammon in Act 2 or the savegame issue related to talking to traders?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kr0w93
Nothing regarding Dammon in Act 2 or the savegame issue related to talking to traders?
What is wrong with Dammon? I heard tha ttoday on reddit, that he is bugged. The Karlach quest proceeded normally for me though.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
journeyman
journeyman
Still no fix for the Archfey Warlock. frown

B
B
Originally Posted by jimnms
Still no fix for the Archfey Warlock. frown

I doubt that this will happen in a hotfix but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by fylimar
What is wrong with Dammon? I heard tha ttoday on reddit, that he is bugged. The Karlach quest proceeded normally for me though.

I think he means the bug with the Strange Ox running amok and killing Dammon thus wrecking the Karlach quest.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Beechams

I think he means the bug with the Strange Ox running amok and killing Dammon thus wrecking the Karlach quest.
Is that a bug? I think it's more a case of action - consequences. You have to really try to make the strange Ox mad enough to attack and he gives several warnings.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
It's a bug. They're unaffected by turn-based mode and Dammon has dialogue if you manage to save him normally.

The "ox" even tells you it's his goal to make it to Baldur's Gate. Randomly attacking Dammon here makes no sense anyways.

Last edited by Kr0w93; 28/09/23 07:44 AM.
B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Beechams

Is that a bug? I think it's more a case of action - consequences. You have to really try to make the strange Ox mad enough to attack and he gives several warnings.

This is nothing to do with attacking the ox. It triggers when you arrive at Last Light. You get put into TB mode but the ox doesn't so it kills Dammon before you can get near enough to stop it.

D
stranger
stranger
D
hopefully the next hotfix comes soon with fixing the ox and dammon situation at the inn, first and second playthroughs i had no issues with the ox (didnt kill it as some suggested at the emerald grove) i did fight it in one of those play throughs at the inn, sucks that this locks you out of karlachs quest

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard