Originally Posted by Auric
I've been keeping up with this thread a lot and thinking about it a lot and I've pretty much come down to a couple big points. Daisy's thematic resonance is just way the hell stronger, it's not even close. They built parts of the game around that version of the character and made no adjustments to those thematic elements when the Emperor got tagged in. It's a damn shame. On the other hand I do think prior to the reveal, the Emperor works better as a narrative device. It would've been nice to see more of a middle-ground with a Daisy that isn't so obviously tempting you to do evil, who doesn't get revealed to be who the Emperor is, so that we don't end up wondering why we even bothered to make the Guardian in character creation to begin with.

I think we largely agree but I liked that Daisy was over the top evil - for many of the same reasons I like Mizora. Mizora is impossibly evil and it's a bad idea to agree with any of her plans but turning down Mizora's offers, ruining her plans for Wyll felt good. Everytime I said no to her it felt like a victory. It would have been so much easier to accept Mizora's offer to protect Wyll's dad . . .

Likewise it would have been so much easier to just *authority* my way through the goblin camp but I felt good about relying on Tav's talents. Daisy brought a tension to the decisions that Tav had to make and everytime I avoided *authority* I felt good about it. And the game rewarded me for it -- Nere was not able to make me his puppet . . .