Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Nath_87 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Not sure if this belongs here, but this is my third playthrough and this time around I'm going to see what Lae'zels romance is like rather than Karlachs for the third time. The issue is I just love bringing Karlach along because she is a stark contrast to every other character, and her character is amazing imho, but the problem is my Tav is a monk and I don't like respeccing the origin characters because their starting classes suit the character. So I was just wondering if having a Barbarian/Fighter/Cleric/Monk would be a good comp for Tactician (I default to this difficulty as it's more fun than Balanced)?

T
enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
T
That comp would be fine.

There's no real issues with it (Besides maybe having the Barb/Fighter compete for weapons if you make them both 2 handed melee users).

While you have plenty of options to build each character.

N
Nath_87 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
The last time I brought both Karlach and Lae'zel I was a Draconic Heritage Sorcerer/ I had Karlach use the Greataxe from Sorcerers Sundries and Lae'zel used the Everburn Blade right up to the point she got the Githyanki Silver Sword from Voss.

My last run where I used Gale, Karlach and Shadowheart when I was a Pact of Blades/Battlemaster, Gale used counterpsell a TON, Because I'm not using Gale this time however, would multiclassing Shadowheart to get to level 5 Wizard so she can learn Counterspell be worth it?

T
enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by Nath_87
Because I'm not using Gale this time however, would multiclassing Shadowheart to get to level 5 Wizard so she can learn Counterspell be worth it?

If you wish to have Counterspell, sure.

It's not necessary to have if you don't want to do that though.

N
Nath_87 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
This is probably a skill issue on my part but for Cazadors fight and Raphaels fight I couldn't really do those fights without counterspell honestly, it made them so much easier!

addict
Online Content
addict
I 'm also a big fan of counterspell, but in my last PT I wanted Karlach, Lae'zel and Minthara in the party. My PC was a bard/ranger/wizard, but only lvl 2 of wizard, so she did not have counterspell in the spellbook. (I did want some AoE spell capability, and wizard options in dialogues, so that's the main reason for multiclassing to wizard also). I didn't want to sublcass the origin characters.
There is a staff that gives you one counterspell per battle, and my bard wielded that.
PT went quite well, no TPK's and only one resurrection needed if I remember correctly . I recommend to go ahead with your dreamteam and find out what happens, there are many ways to tackle the challenges.

Last edited by ldo58; 14/05/24 04:02 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard