Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
addict
addict
D
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
I don't understand how this is an effective marketing tactic, but then I've never used such services (though I have, in fact, been to Dubai!).

Its cheap (I assume) and if they get even one mark out of the thousands who read it then they make money.

A
A
Just popping in to say that I have already reported threads like the dubai call girls and others, but they seem to pop up like crazy every now and then. I agree with solutions presented in the thread already and hope it is adressed soon, as good threads get lost in a sea of garbage.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Sorry, folks. It’s a constant battle at the moment. A number of problem domains have been blacklisted and that’s helped cut down on the number of spam attacks we’re getting, but I know we’re still getting too many. I understand that Larian are investigating further options to make it harder for spam accounts to register.

But in the meantime if one of these spammers gets in while no mod is around, as you’ve seen they can cause quite a mess before one of us spots the issue and bans and tidies up after them.

We’re doing our best to keep on top of it! horsey

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by dwig
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
I don't understand how this is an effective marketing tactic, but then I've never used such services (though I have, in fact, been to Dubai!).

Its cheap (I assume) and if they get even one mark out of the thousands who read it then they make money.

Oh, sure. Blame it all on me, why don’t you?

I mean… what? Who said that? You are.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I'm afraid the Dubai call girl boss strikes again - they brought company in form of the Indian call girls.
I advice fireball and counterspell.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Yeah, but this time, they're only part-time call girls. I have to work around their hours now? Talk about bad customer service.

#JusticeForAstarion
R
R
I'm just waiting for the 'Hot Balduran call girls' thread spam to pop up. Any day now. :hihi:

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hot mindflayer callgirls popping up and I'm out grin cry

Doctor Who
addict
addict
HOT DUBAI GRILL LETS GOOO

Councellor Florrick's favorite Warlock.

Back Black Geyser's DLC: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-dlc-tales-of-the-moon-cult (RTwP Isometric cRPG inspired by BG1).
I
old hand
old hand
I
And now we are also getting abortion pill spam...

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Ixal
And now we are also getting abortion pill spam...
Well at least it fits thematically, I guess? shadowheartgiggle

Doctor Who
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Sorry, folks. It’s a constant battle at the moment. A number of problem domains have been blacklisted and that’s helped cut down on the number of spam attacks we’re getting, but I know we’re still getting too many. I understand that Larian are investigating further options to make it harder for spam accounts to register.

But in the meantime if one of these spammers gets in while no mod is around, as you’ve seen they can cause quite a mess before one of us spots the issue and bans and tidies up after them.

We’re doing our best to keep on top of it! horsey

..... tiddies up .....?

veteran
veteran
those call girls are working overtime tonight

beginning to wonder if larian pissed off somebody in dubai. like they weren't happy with karlach's ending and decided to unleash the bots.

P
addict
addict
P
There's got to be some kind of method to stop this, like having mods verify threads before they get posted or something... I half an hour one board has five pages of spam threads.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Okay, been away from Forums and forum-adjacent issues for a while due to some minor complications in my life atm.

Popped my head in to do some routine cleanup. Just an absolute deluge. Have cleaned it up. Banned a few accounts. Forums should be usable for now.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
We currently have a rerun of 'The Return of the Dubai Call Girls' on Suggestions

Doctor Who
Z
addict
addict
Z
Yeah they are the most active forum members.
Also the a getting the most attention smile.
Mybe even feedback :()

stranger
stranger
Now the feedback and suggestions section is flooded.

journeyman
journeyman
I spend a few minutes typing up a post in the Halsin thread, and when I tab back to the story board, suddenly Dubai spam.

shadowheartgiggle

They sure work fast!

Z
addict
addict
Z
I am not really an expert in web design.
But there is no tools to stop this.?
I am just interested I don't want criticisice .
But i am very curious now.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard