Originally Posted by Dagless
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Bethesda went into the F76 launch with more goodwill than they went into the Starfield launch with. This time around they had eroded that "benefit of the doubt" and goodwill to the point that people were fed up.

The negative reviews - in part - are a condemnation of Bethesda as a whole and their past failure.

Maybe true, as I understand it, the most egregious problem with FO76 on launch was the complete lack of NPCs with stories, dialogue and reasons for you to care about anything in the world.

Yeah, F76 on launch was also a buggy nightmare. The No NPC's thing was a really bad design decision though.

I came back to F76 a few years later and tried to play it co-op but it just wasn't designed for that either it seems. F76 didn't know what it wanted to be and that's one of the reasons it failed despite incredibly good sales numbers. It also had ALL the exploits and trolling.

If they had focused on making it a solid Co-Op Fallout game that could also easily be played single player then it would have worked great.

I'm glad you like Starfield and I hear Ng+ is interesting at least.

Blackheifer