Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 93 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 92 93
C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
I am just waiting for the next game, where there is an underaged LI that will be labelled as inclusive LGBTQ+ (Obviously kidding. I do NEVER wish to see that... EVER!)

They want to go with him, poly is not the problem.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Originally Posted by Seho
Again, he makes it clear from the start, just poly!
He is a 350 years old Druid! The trauma? He was young when it happened.
He is one with nature and meditates, he even talks to his God!
He says it's ok now. He doesn't deceive us! He's just a poly and we can break up if we don't want to.
He is surrounded by monogamy and knows it, he doesn't want a mono thing.
He doesn't give any wrong signals, you should go with him, but he won't be faithful, physically.
What he allows you, he allows himself.
He is a 350 years old Druid, he knows what he wants and he doesn't constantly impose himself, they exaggerate...
They want to manipulate him, force him to try, but he doesn't want it.
They have enough mono chars and they don't want poly. Halsin is the only poly character and that's a good thing!

He's just a broken NPC.
With the help of which we are told a story.
We cannot offend Halsin, he does not exist in reality. But, nevertheless, the ideas that are transmitted to us through him are controversial.
Romanticization of slavery, manipulation, irresponsibility. People write that they are ready to accept your views, but give us the opportunity to play our own game. But keep saying over and over again that we have no right to do this.

Last edited by Laras; 29/09/23 11:58 PM.
Halsin isn't broken, he just doesn't twist for us, other companions don't either.
Roleplaying doesn't mean that everyone jumps when the MC says so, the companions can and must have character and be able to say no.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Just ignore Seho. I know they mean well, but they aren't paying attention to anything that is being said and just repeats the same statement again and again.

Something I did think about, which I found interesting, is that Halsin says that no one shares his bed at present. While that doesn't necesarrily mean monogamy, Halsin does give them impression that he chooses his thrysts with some care (I refuse to all it a relationship at this point). This is further supported by "you are all I want" - but that concept of him actually caring about who he sleeps with also goes entirely out of the window by act 3.

Everything that has any sort of emotional worth is diminished to soemthing meaningless.

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Originally Posted by Cowoline
Just ignore Seho. I know they mean well, but they aren't paying attention to anything that is being said and just repeats the same statement again and again.

Something I did think about, which I found interesting, is that Halsin says that no one shares his bed at present. While that doesn't necesarrily mean monogamy, Halsin does give them impression that he chooses his thrysts with some care (I refuse to all it a relationship at this point). This is further supported by "you are all I want" - but that concept of him actually caring about who he sleeps with also goes entirely out of the window by act 3.

Everything that has any sort of emotional worth is diminished to soemthing meaningless.

Obviously polyamorous people may have other expressions of care, companionship and support. Maybe cuddling in bed isn't how they express their affection. But because Halsin is so thin and underdeveloped, there aren't really any scenes or moments to experience any connection at all. There are a lot of sweet words, but without real moments to tie them together with something, it probably feels like you are just interacting with an elaborate NPC rather than a companion and partner.

That's not necessary!
It has nothing to do with acceptance, Larian released a great game with great characters, it's their work and because they don't like it, they want to change it!

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
They do. That's what is so off about Halsin. Because all the love, respect and genuine compromise and healthy developing/fluid attachment isn't there. It's so basic and limited in terms of polyamoury.

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
They do. That's what is so off about Halsin. Because all the love, respect and genuine compromise and healthy developing/fluid attachment isn't there. It's so basic and limited in terms of polyamoury.

And then on the rare occasion where you do get a genuine moment that is about Halsin where he expresses some real investment and interest, it's when you get to re-visit his sexual trauma. Maybe not the kind of moment you wanted.

Larian wanted Halsin like that, he was never different. In Act 1 and 2 he had a mission and it came first, in Act 3 he is free.
Again, they equate his preferences with his responsibilities, they can't seem to separate it... this is a mistake.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Yes... I know I am so difficult and picky. I want a questline for Halsin in act 3 that ties his dialogue and actions together (like rescuing children from the streets from Gortash's slaver for example), respect Tav's secuality as they accept his (not limiting his) and for him to have a healthy attachment style. It is such an unreasonable demand, I know.

I seriously wonder how they got there, but I think they just went for "easy". Making him a fling and make the reason poly and RA without context or valid content, assuming that people had gotten impatient and had a main squeeze with him on the side.

old hand
old hand
Something I did think about, which I found interesting, is that Halsin says that no one shares his bed at present. While that doesn't necesarrily mean monogamy, Halsin does give them impression that he chooses his thrysts with some care (I refuse to all it a relationship at this point).

His dialogue in Act III seems to imply that he just hasn't been interested in sex for some time (when he talks about rediscovering himself after the curse is lifted). Plus he probably hasn't had much opportunity - it seems the Grove doesn't get many visitors, and I would hope he's responsible enough not to get involved with other druids who are under his charge as archdruid. But who knows at this point.

I think they wanted him as poly but didn't have an expert?
And yes, many people actually already have a romance (I watch others too). smile

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
What Halsin is missing!

Description of healthy RA:

Rather than promising to stay together until death do they part, relationship anarchists usually agree to be together while it is a happy and healthy relationship for everyone involved. Rejecting externally imposed obligations as the basis of their connection, RA practitioners tend to build connections on love and respect grounded in choice. Some RA relationships last for decades with a commitment to treat each other so well that they want to stay together out of joy, rather than being obligated by some external force binding them together. While the commitment to stay together only as long as they are happy with each other may seem too unstable or likely to come apart at the first sign of trouble, folks proficient in RA also tend to put a lot of time and effort in to building their communication skills, so that they can work through problems and remain happy with each other.

RA can allow folks to build families and relationships they can count on:

“Obligations are fluid and open to change. Once you agree to something, the person can expect it will happen, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen always and forever. Everything can be discussed and renewed on an ongoing basis.”

Last edited by Cowoline; 30/09/23 01:10 AM.
C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
As I said, with care. Suddenly he just wants to jump anything that moves? That's on hells of a switch. And it bothers me he is fine with Tav sleeping with cambions - not because of the sex, but because of the evil and foolish.

old hand
old hand
I guess he only objects to evil when it's... oh, I don't know. I've given up trying to make sense of all this.

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
I guess he only objects to evil when it's... oh, I don't know. I've given up trying to make sense of all this.

Sexy evil is ok! Ugly old boring evil is wrong!

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Add it to the kink list!

Unfortunately Halsin doesn't do that much smile
But yes, he likes experienced Tav smile

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by papercut_ninja
Sexy evil is ok! Ugly old boring evil is wrong!

Well, that would fit with what I said before about him being a stereotype of gamer attitudes in general. hahaha

Page 25 of 93 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 92 93

Link Copied to Clipboard